Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:dahell:
The only time anyone made easy work of Rios was in that robbery against Richard Abril where Rios got totally outclassed. The Alvarado rematch was a competitive fight. Plus Rios had never been knocked out and I think was only dropped once in his whole career. Why anyone would think a KO was expected is kind of illogical.

and ppl had the nerve to get indignant when I compared this schooling and dominance that was pac-rios to Floyd-canelo and its similarity..the sonnings I had to hand out that night :wow: lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Shannon Briggs must have watched the scene in Rocky 3 where Clubber Lang challenged Rocky at the press conference and figured doing this dramatic ho shyt would be easier than actually winning fights and earning a title shot.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Briggs has done s-hit like this before, he has a few stories down here. Trying to start a street fight in a gym put on some gloves and STFU.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
and ppl had the nerve to get indignant when I compared this schooling and dominance that was pac-rios to Floyd-canelo and its similarity..the sonnings I had to hand out that night :wow: lol
Some folks let their bias cloud reality (like I do when it comes to Tim Bradley)...Manny schooled Rios for 12 rounds just like Floyd did Canelo. How can you not see that?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Make a doubleheader of Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera and Adrien Broner vs Lamont Peterson on the same card

Winner of one fight fights the other:ohlawd:

For the right price, thats a PPV card with another decent fight

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Some folks let their bias cloud reality (like I do when it comes to Tim Bradley)...Manny schooled Rios for 12 rounds just like Floyd did Canelo. How can you not see that?
I agree. I have no idea how anyone could watch Pacquiao-Rios and not see one of the most lopsided fights ever. That was a complete domination. Literally the only thing PacMan didnt do was KD or KO Rios...which wasnt going to happen.
Walking around weight Rios probably weighs 30-40 lbs more than Manny and has a great chin.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
:dahell:
The only time anyone made easy work of Rios was in that robbery against Richard Abril where Rios got totally outclassed. The Alvarado rematch was a competitive fight. Plus Rios had never been knocked out and I think was only dropped once in his whole career. Why anyone would think a KO was expected is kind of illogical.

He was hurt multiple times to the body against Acosta at 135, Abril sonned him, and Alvarado had him hurt a couple times in both fights. I just don't think that granite chin applies to Rios. If Rios gets his wish to fight Ruslan, dude will get knocked out.

twothousandnow

boxing nerd
Daps
Reppin
NJ via Miami
watching the montiel fight from this past weekend made me wanna watch this classic again

an oldie but a goodie.this was around the time Donaire exploded on the scene

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
He was hurt multiple times to the body against Acosta at 135, Abril sonned him, and Alvarado had him hurt a couple times in both fights. I just don't think that granite chin applies to Rios. If Rios gets his wish to fight Ruslan, dude will get knocked out.
Rios has a chin that I think gets better as he goes up in weight, because he has to cut less natural weight.
Also the Alvarado fights should be a testament to his chin. Sure he was hurt at times, but that is because he was catching flush hard shots. If anything Rios' defense sucks and forces his chin to bear the brunt of punishment. But his chin is solid to me.
I think his chin could really start to deteriorate as he becomes more punch drunk over his career.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:snoop: the fukk is wrong with this nygga?

This nygga Wladimir chillin in Florida getting in a workout & is banging Hayden while Vitali''s out fighting wars & shyt.
im saying its roid rage

nikka hasnt fought in 4 years and comes back brolic and barking as if hes the no1 contender :heh:

Herrera got robbed, I had it 7-5 with Herrera taking it in the last round

7-5 isnt a robbery tbf

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:snoop: the fukk is wrong with this nygga?

This nygga Wladimir chillin in Florida getting in a workout & is banging Hayden while Vitali''s out fighting wars & shyt.

:russ: wlad is just a laidback guy...but briggs though :smh:...targeting the man at heavyweight after taking a very serious beating from his older brother...briggs needs to retire...i dont want to see this nikka 5-10 years down the line messed up because he didn't know when to quit