Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
its like this krack...if the boxing ppv is between cats who are not established yet but the card seems interesting or decent enough like bradley-marquez or canelo-angulo, then ill risk it because it may lead to better boxing ppvs in the future. however for the established ppv stars like pac, floyd, or cotto i expect a decent card. i didn't pay for pac-rios because it wasn't up to par but i will pay for pac-bradley 2 because all 3 undercard fights intrigue me in some way plus i want to watch pac send bradley's equilibrium to the bushes in HD...a rarity for a bob arum card...thats a non factor with this rumored floyd-maidana card..not one of those fights are must sees to me...sergio-cotto is already bought if i dont go live and we haven't even heard anything about its undercard.
I'm not sure if Manny has that in him, he looked like shyt vs Rios...............................I'm rooting Manny here for boxing's sake:skip:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
After the perceived robbery in the first fight I'd be shocked if PAC doesn't get the W no matter what...Bradley would have to:deadmanny: to Win
A L would be better off for Manny rather than another robbery.....A robbery renders him as a complete smoke and mirror fighter n con artist of Arum's creation

And truth be told if Manny fukk around and lose does his fans understand that negative shadow he'll have to carry going forth, if boxing fails in the next 15 years, that can be pointed squarely on Manny's shoulders, and he was a damn great fighter in his prime.....

Hope Manny wins this, but Timmy aint getting easier fight 2, dude walks around at 180+ these days and is not the 140 pounder moving up, and we all saw Timmy break Manny's will in fight 1 ........I'm not a fan of this fight for Manny but he's with TR and have no opponents. Manny better bring his absolute A game, because his b- effort in fight one wont cut it this time around, whether you felt he won fight 1 or not, Timmy has improved immensely since...............

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
A L would be better off for Manny rather than another robbery.....A robbery renders him as a complete smoke and mirror fighter n con artist or Arum's creation

And truth be told if Manny fukk around and lose does his fans understand that negative shadow he'll have to carry going forth, if boxing fails in the next 15 years, that can be pointed squarely on Manny's shoulders, and he was a damn great fighter in his prime.....

Hope Manny wins this, but Timmy aint getting easier fight 2, dude walks around at 180+ these days and is not the 140 pounder moving up, and we all saw Timmy break Manny's will in fight 1 ........I'm not a fan of this fight for Manny but he's with TR and have no opponents. Manny better bring his absolute A game, because his b- effort in fight one wont cut it this time around, whether you felt he won fight 1 or not, Timmy has improved immensely since...............

Here you go again.

You didn't learn from doing this with Rios now did you. :beli:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Mayweather, Khan Have Phone Convo on Future Fight
Posted by: Boxing Clever on 3/20/2014 .

Amir Khan was convinced he was going to face WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The British fighter was crushed when Mayweather pushed him to the side and selected WBA champion Marcos Maidana as the May opponent.

Recently, Khan and Mayweather spoke directly on the phone and discussed the possibility of facing each other down the line. To set that up, Khan has been offered a featured undercard spot on the Mayweather-Maidana Showtime Pay-Per-View, and former welterweight champion Luis Collazo is the rumored opponent.

"I spoke to Floyd funnily enough a week after he'd announced his fight with Maidana," Khan told Sky Sports Ringside. "My friend called me and asked if I wanted to talk to Floyd and I said 'put him on the phone' and Floyd said 'how are you doing champ?' I said 'I'm alright, but... why didn't you take the fight? What was the issue?'

"And he said 'listen champ, you're a great fighter, I respect you. The fight will happen, you know. I have a few more fights left in my career and it will happen between me and you - just not yet'."

"Golden Boy got back to me and said 'you can fight May 3' on the Floyd card as chief support'. I thought it was a good idea because I'd be in his face plus Maidana is a guy I have already beaten so I might steel a little of the attention from him!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-khan-phone-convo-on-future-fight--75850

:patrice:

So we ARE gonna see Floyd vs Khan soon? Or is Khan lying?:lupe:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
After the perceived robbery i'd be shocked if PAC doesn't get the W no matter what...Bradley would have to:deadmanny: to Win
I am in agreement with these thoughts. I like Bradley and will be rooting for him, #BradleyBunch, but I think Pacquiao wins and the judges i expect wont do Bradley any favors this time around.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Here you go again.

You didn't learn from doing this with Rios now did you. :beli:
I said Manny would win; just that it wouldnt be no 1st round ko, and being that was the expectations for Manny and scale he was being graded on he failed with a big fat F, far far lesser fighters have made easier work of Rios.............

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
@krackdagawd I'm simply not convinced

I felt Manny needed a tune up or 2 before facing the big dogs in Timmy and Bradley, post Rios.....

As a Manny fan this is a scary ass match, a loss and it could be all over, plus Bradley is different he always had skill, heart and determination, but with 2 HOF bodies on his resume he has that championship swagger.............

Anybody heard of the undercard for this fight I will buy like I did the first...................

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I said Manny would win; just that it wouldnt be no 1st round ko, and being that was the expectations for Manny and scale he was being graded on he failed with a big fat F, far far lesser fighters have made easier work of Rios.............

:duck:

"Manny is dead meat.....this won't be an easy fight for him"

don't make me dig up the quotes nikka :ufdup: