Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ahve to disagree with that statement. I honestly still think there is no bigger PPV match in terms of fan attention and money than Floyd/Manny even after the Marquez KO. There is no one else out there for Floyd to fight that would even come close to it.

total gross no...but concessions Floyd will have to leave a lot more money on the table than he is used to. You have 2 heavyweight promoters. 2 premiere networks for which you will have to split the revenue. Remember Tyson-Lewis? There was soooo much red tape that they vowed not to go through that again. Buffer and Lennon Jr, Czyz and Lampley, the replay rights, etc...the pie is bigger but has to be split many more ways. Now if Manny becomes a free agent then what I said is academic. My point is....its more to business than gross. You have to crunch the numbers and the mystique for that fight is long gone after JMM rocked Pac to sleep.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that's what he means.

Khan DIDNT keep winning, but he was oh so close to landing the Mayweather fight. Only thing that stopped it because the people were saying Khan didnt earn it. If it was up to Mayweather, it looks like he was leaning towards accepting the Khan fight over Maidana even though he struggled in his last fight:manny:

right, when I say win....I dont mean go out and beat a washed up guy or some ESPN bum and say hey...I been winning fights. You have to win on a top level. Had Manny beat JMM then we may not be having this discussion. He didnt. and he didnt have to keep fighting the dude over and over again either. its like @Skip b said. after the 3rd fight, really what was the point?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
total gross no...but concessions Floyd will have to leave a lot more money on the table than he is used to. You have 2 heavyweight promoters. 2 premiere networks for which you will have to split the revenue. Remember Tyson-Lewis? There was soooo much red tape that they vowed not to go through that again. Buffer and Lennon Jr, Czyz and Lampley, the replay rights, etc...the pie is bigger but has to be split many more ways. Now if Manny becomes a free agent then what I said is academic. My point is....its more to business than gross. You have to crunch the numbers and the mystique for that fight is long gone after JMM rocked Pac to sleep.

I dont think so.

If Manny runs through Bradley and then runs through the winner of JMM/Alvarado or even Provodnikov at the end of the year, that matchup is back on fire and the public, including us, will be clamoring for it like we were previously.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I wonder was Paulie his supervisor?:lupe:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

Paulie wouldn't know friend, we are too busy having

#titlefightcamp :blessed:

Broner won't know anything about that anytime soon. :umad:

And even if he does it won't end well for him.

Garcia? :whoa:

Peterson? :heh:

Ruslan? :dead:

You better have Al Haymon make up an Ohio Hardcore Championship title for him.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
right, when I say win....I dont mean go out and beat a washed up guy or some ESPN bum and say hey...I been winning fights. You have to win on a top level. Had Manny beat JMM then we may not be having this discussion. He didnt. and he didnt have to keep fighting the dude over and over again either. its like @Skip b said. after the 3rd fight, really what was the point?

JMM kept crying, that's what happened:heh:

Manny should'nt have fought him again imo. He was 2-1 against JMM after 3 fights imo. Manny won the first 2 fights and JMM won the 3rd

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think so.

If Manny runs through Bradley and then runs through the winner of JMM/Alvarado or even Provodnikov at the end of the year, that matchup is back on fire and the public, including us, will be clamoring for it like we were previously.

thats a big if.....he is close to
nNV6Iqg.png
if not knocking on the door. no way he runs through two very high caliber fighters in the next year when he couldnt run through that fat ass punching bag Rios :mjlol:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JMM kept crying, that's what happened:heh:

Manny should'nt have fought him again imo. He was 2-1 against JMM after 3 fights imo. Manny won the first 2 fights and JMM won the 3rd

so JMM was crying so Manny goes back to fight a guy who most people thought he had just lost to and get KTFO. maybe you are right but that was a fail of epic proportions
:upsetfavre:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Paulie wouldn't know friend, we are too busy having

#titlefightcamp :blessed:

Broner won't know anything about that anytime soon. :umad:

And even if he does it won't end well for him.

Garcia? :whoa:

Peterson? :heh:

Ruslan? :dead:

You better have Al Haymon make up an Ohio Hardcore Championship title for him.

Like they made up the Brooklyn Belt for Paulie "The Brooklyn Brawler" Malignaggi?:mjpls:

#BandCamp

Brooklyn Belt:heh:

:dead:

:smugbiden:

#BandCamp

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
so JMM was crying so Manny goes back to fight a guy who most people thought he had just lost to and get KTFO. maybe you are right but that was a fail of epic proportions
:upsetfavre:

It was definitely a fail:russ:

But it was a win for us, this: :deadmanny: comes in handy:ehh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Paulie "The Brooklyn Brawler" Malignaggi:heh:

That's hilarious. I had to say it again:russ:

I wonder if he's putting his Brooklyn Belt on the line against Shawn Porter:dead:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
cot damn if even my nikka Pat isn't ordering than you know it's trash.

If I remember correctly you and I were like the only ones here who ordered Bradley/Marquez :russ:

its like this krack...if the boxing ppv is between cats who are not established yet but the card seems interesting or decent enough like bradley-marquez or canelo-angulo, then ill risk it because it may lead to better boxing ppvs in the future. however for the established ppv stars like pac, floyd, or cotto i expect a decent card. i didn't pay for pac-rios because it wasn't up to par but i will pay for pac-bradley 2 because all 3 undercard fights intrigue me in some way plus i want to watch pac send bradley's equilibrium to the bushes in HD...a rarity for a bob arum card...thats a non factor with this rumored floyd-maidana card..not one of those fights are must sees to me...sergio-cotto is already bought if i dont go live and we haven't even heard anything about its undercard.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
its like this krack...if the boxing ppv is between cats who are not established yet but the card seems interesting or decent enough like bradley-marquez or canelo-angulo, then ill risk it because it may lead to better boxing ppvs in the future. however for the established ppv stars like pac, floyd, or cotto i expect a decent card. i didn't pay for pac-rios because it wasn't up to par but i will pay for pac-bradley 2 because all 3 undercard fights intrigue me in some way plus i want to watch pac send bradley's equilibrium to the bushes in HD...a rarity for a bob arum card...thats a non factor with this rumored floyd-maidana card..not one of those fights are must sees to me...sergio-cotto is already bought if i dont go live and we haven't even heard anything about its undercard.

:russ:

Me too:lupe: