Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto really has it made, he can go back and forth between showtime/hbo until he retires.

If he beats martinez, watch him fight floyd again or canelo on showtime.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Oscar De La Hoya left Top Rank and worked for himself.....forming Golden Boy Promotions. Could fight whomever he chose because he worked for himself:blessed:

Floyd Mayweather Jr seen the blueprint, left Top Rank and worked for himself.....forming Mayweather Promotions. Can fight whomever he chooses because he works for himself:ohlawd:

Miguel Cotto seen the blueprint, left Top Rank and worked for himself.....forming Miguel Cotto Promotions. Can fight whomever he chooses because he works for himself:lawd:

Manny Pacquiao seen the blueprint, but instead decides to keep resigning with Top Rank......he did form MP Promotions, but the company is useless and just a "name", because he can only fight who Arum picks for him:snoop:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Floyd Promotions and GB promotions co promote for every fight.. Are you telling me Floyd and TR couldn't do the same thing??
Arum gets his 27% from his fighters purse to cover fees..WTF are you yalking about he wants a ppv cut??

Floyd is a promoter and does not chose to ever work with Arum again.

Manny has his own promotional company and can cut Arum out by not resigning with Top Rank and just working directly with Floyd as a Mayweather Promotions/MP Promotions fight as his own boss:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Cotto really has it made, he can back and forth between showtime/hbo until he retires.

If he beats martinez, watch him fight floyd again or canelo on showtime.

Then he will bounce back over to TR and fight Timothy Bradley at 147 after Bradley loses to Pacquiao and Cotto loses to Floyd or Canelo.

The crazy thing is that Pacquiao could do this too if he would just USE HIS OWN COMPANY:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Golden Boy doesnt have the problem with Arum....it's Floyd.

I do remember seeing Manny Pacquiao vs Oscar De La Hoya:ufdup:

So, obviously, if Floyd is that adamant about NOT putting money in Arum's pockets and Manny Pacquiao is THAT adamant about fighting Floyd, it makes no sense why he would resign with Arum as a fighter and effectively end all hopes for a Floyd vs Manny fight when he can just work for himself.

I see Top Rank and Golden Boy both promoted this fight at the top of the poster:mjpls:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
because GBP told HBO to go fukk themselves....giving Arum full reign over there. he is not going to do business with Showtime now unless HBO refuses to buy one of his fights and being that they dont have GBP anymore...why would they do that? :what:

I want you to really read this next line VERY closely and think with your brain and not with your heart on it. Please. Why would Floyd or any other boxer for that matter make a deal giving up PPV concessions when they havent been doing that in the past few years? Why would he take away from his cut to give more to a fighter who is less profitable now. He could easily fight someone else and keep all proceeds and that would be close to what he would make by shelling off a portion to Pac (remember, Pac has to be happy with the deal...he aint gonna take that lil side money that Floyd gives to Canelo and soon to be Maidana). Floyd doesnt owe Manny any favors.

Like I tell people all the time...the easiest way to securing a fight is to KEEP WINNING. that was Manny's only leverage and he now longer has that....maybe even less if Bradley steps it up on him. :mjpls:
You have it backwards. HBO told GB to fukk off..
Read the next line using your brain...
What does giving up a portion of ppv concessions matter when you're still gonna make career high earnings?? I mean you have to be a complete bytch turn that down just because you feel your opponent the #2 draw in boxing is making too much from that deal.

Amir Khan was coming off from all types of struggles KOs and losses, but he was about to get the Floyd fight had Maidana not beat Broner.. stahhp

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Floyd Promotions and GB promotions co promote for every fight.. Are you telling me Floyd and TR couldn't do the same thing??
Arum gets his 27% from his fighters purse to cover fees..WTF are you yalking about he wants a ppv cut??

and which network would that be on ? Floyd should let Arum scheme him outta his biggest paycheck and let him promote the fight ? What about GBP ? They should just step aside. Floyd should tell them hasta la vista and have Arum eat off his biggest fight ? You're either gullible or have no common sense breh. I would love to be your employer. :pachaha:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
What does giving up a portion of ppv concessions matter when you're still gonna make career high earnings?? I mean you have to be a complete bytch turn that down just because you feel your opponent the #2 draw in boxing is making too much from that deal.

Amir Khan was coming off from all types of struggles KOs and losses, but he was about to get the Floyd fight had Maidana not beat Broner.. stahhp

Breh, those 2 sentences are not the same or not even the same points.

The first sentence you're talking about Floyd offering the fight with Manny not getting any cut of the PPV.....which is fair and I agreed with that in the past.

The 2nd sentence however, you bring up Floyd about to fight Khan. You think if Floyd wasnt gonna give Manny any cut of the PPV, didnt give Guerrero any cut, Ortiz any cut, and now Maidana aint getting any cut.....you think Khan was gonna get a cut of the PPVs?:dwillhuh:

No, Khan was gonna have to accept that 2-3 million like he gave Ortiz, Guerrero, and now Maidana, and sit the fukk down while watching Floyd take all the backend money.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

ok breh. Let's say you making 14/hr now at your job. You have experience and expertise. Your resume is fantastic. Now, an employer offers you 20/hr for a job, while you know that job starts out at 45/hr. WOuld you take it or challenge it ?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Golden Boy doesnt have the problem with Arum....it's Floyd.

I do remember seeing Manny Pacquiao vs Oscar De La Hoya:ufdup:

So, obviously, if Floyd is that adamant about NOT putting money in Arum's pockets and Manny Pacquiao is THAT adamant about fighting Floyd, it makes no sense why he would resign with Arum as a fighter and effectively end all hopes for a Floyd vs Manny fight when he can just work for himself.

I see Top Rank and Golden Boy both promoted this fight at the top of the poster:mjpls:
Floyd's excuse about not wanting to put money in Arum's pocket is just an excuse and a smokescreen. .. he doesn't want to split ppv revenue with Pac(#2 draw) He was cool with working with Arum back in 09.. the fight fell through, but it wasn't Arum's fault, It was because Pac didn't want to do testing the way Floyd wanted him to do it.. So why all of a sudden is Floyd so mad at Arum and Debuef?? Its bullshyt.. Dont you guys think if Floyd or GB even attempted to make Pac a good legit offer, Pac would sign with them instead of resigning with Arum.. The fact of the matter is Floyd dont want to fight Pac..nor does he want to make a deal...
nikkas wanna ridicule Pac for resigning with TR but ignore that Floyd said straight from his own mouth that Pac had to beat Bradley and JMM again first I guess to be eligible to step in the ring with him

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yes, he can make any match...but what is the incentive to do so?

money? :ehh: the window for that fight being the biggest payday has passed.
I ahve to disagree with that statement. I honestly still think there is no bigger PPV match in terms of fan attention and money than Floyd/Manny even after the Marquez KO. There is no one else out there for Floyd to fight that would even come close to it.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Breh, those 2 sentences are not the same or not even the same points.

The first sentence you're talking about Floyd offering the fight with Manny not getting any cut of the PPV.....which is fair and I agreed with that in the past.

The 2nd sentence however, you bring up Floyd about to fight Khan. You think if Floyd wasnt gonna give Manny any cut of the PPV, didnt give Guerrero any cut, Ortiz any cut, and now Maidana aint getting any cut.....you think Khan was gonna get a cut of the PPVs?:dwillhuh:

No, Khan was gonna have to accept that 2-3 million like he gave Ortiz, Guerrero, and now Maidana, and sit the fukk down while watching Floyd take all the backend money.
They were two different points adressed to Synistr:mjpls:They weren't supposed to be related to each other...
I only brought up Khan in response to @synistr talking about you have to keep winning to secure a fight with Floyd when Amir Khan coming this :ohlawd: close to getting that fight contradicts that entire statement

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ok breh. Let's say you making 14/hr now at your job. You have experience and expertise. Your resume is fantastic. Now, an employer offers you 20/hr for a job, while you know that job starts out at 45/hr. WOuld you take it or challenge it ?
I would negotiate... something Floydie refuses to do :manny:
Yall keep giving him this pass for it.. and thats fine

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Floyd is pissed at Arum because he dragged his name thru the mud calling him a coward...put up phony online time clock deadlines for Floyd knowing god damn well Margarito was next for PAC N they also sued Floyd...that's what changed from 09 N why Floyd is saying fukk Arum

As far as the 40milly offer its called negotiations... this slow ass nikka PAC instead of negotiating shuts down the convo

Run a country when you don't know how to negotiate brehs:deadrose: