Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
You know damn well Chavez Jr aint making 160. Chavez and his team on that scante.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
that fight was not an ugly fight...it was ugly because it showed what happens when danny can't connect on any of his wild swinging left hooks against a live body who can box..he's forced to use his head which as we saw he doesn't have much of a boxing IQ lol

The way nikkas is going on you'd think we all watched Ruiz/Golota at 140 lbs. :snoop:

That fight was no worse than the lst Manny/Bradley fight and we getting a rematch for that shyt.

Danny just needs to right this wrong. It worked for Chavez Jr and Stevenson. Hell, Superman had way more to lose seeing that he already had potential big fights lined up.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Nacho Likes Marquez-Alvarado, Not Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Posted by: Miguel Rivera on 3/20/2014 .
By Miguel Rivera

Trainer Nacho Beristain is looking forward to Juan Manuel Marquez's returns on May 17th, when he faces Mike Alvarado (34-2, 23KOs) at the Forum in Los Angeles, California. It will be the first fight for Marquez (55-7-1, 40KOs) since a twelve round split decision loss to WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley last October.

"He is a difficult opponent for a fighter like Juan. [Alvarado] is a tremendous puncher. It's ideal for Juan to provide a big fight to the public, but [this one is] dangerous, because [Alvarado] is young and strong," said Nacho.

If Marquez wins, Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, has already confirmed that he would fall in line for the winner of the April 12th rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Bradley.

Nacho is not very supportive of a fifth Pacquiao-Marquez meeting. He would rather have things end like they did in 2012, when Marquez knocked Pacquiao out cold in the sixth round of the fourth fight.

“What Juan Manuel wants more than anything is this [fifth] championship [at welterweight], and that's why the name of Pacquiao is once again [being discussed]. But I believe that if he gets past [Alvarado], Juan Manuel can fight for [a world title from] another sanctioning body. There is no reason for him to face Pacquiao again, who he already conquered with that tremendous knockout," Nacho said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nacho-likes-marquez-alvarado-not-pacquiao-marquez-5--75835

:shakemyhead:

They beg and beg and beg for a 4th fight with Pacquiao, get it and win via flash KO, then want to run with the victory:rudy:

That's disgusting:scusthov:

Ducking Provodnikov AND ducking Pacquiao.......I cant take JMM serious anymore. Im not saying Pacquiao is guaranteed to beat Bradley, but Im riding with Pac again in the rematch. The JMM camp already talking about they ready to duck Pacquiao again if he wins.:camby:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

They beg and beg and beg for a 4th fight with Pacquiao, get it and win via flash KO, then want to run with the victory:rudy:

Ducking Provodnikov AND ducking Pacquiao.......I cant take JMM serious anymore. Im not saying Pacquiao is guaranteed to beat Bradley, but Im riding with Pac again in the rematch. The JMM camp already talking about they ready to duck Pacquiao again if he wins.:camby:

Marquez loses the rematch, that's why they don't want it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

On the list of fights I never need to see Marquez/Pacquiao 5 is at the top of the list so I aint even mad at Nacho on this one.
Wouldn't mind seeing JMM/Provodnikov though.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Marquez loses the rematch, that's why they don't want it.

I know, but it's corny to me.

It's like when Paul Williams beat Sergio Martinez the 1st time, Sergio begged for a rematch. Then, he Flash KOs Paul Williams in the rematch and turns down P-Dubb's request for a rematch:rudy:

I hate when fighters do that. If you win the first one, the other fighter wins the 2nd one, then you should be OBLIGATED to due a 3rd and final match:ufdup:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
On the list of fights I never need to see Marquez/Pacquiao 5 is at the top of the list so I aint even mad at Nacho on this one.
Wouldn't mind seeing JMM/Provodnikov though.

JMM is ducking Provodnikov as well though:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
im not sure what JMM angle is...he wants a welterweight belt that is for certain and it looks like he's trying to get it through the least resistance...if bradley wins he wants a rematch..if pacquiao wins he doesnt want the 5th fight and the title shot :patrice:...that would leave him in a bit of a conundrum considering the fact the other 147 champs are signed to golden boy unless of course he fulfills his allotment of fights for arum and can go indy or sign to golden boy..either way im tired of the 147 round robin within top rank

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, when is the last time that we had a good (hell, any) boxing card here in NC? Like you said, there are local MMA shows here all the time, but boxing is pretty much done in this area. Would love to see quality boxing live in this area.

really, I cant remember. I think last year there was a decent card or two. Harrah's puts on something every once and a while. Rau'shee Warren was on a good card in Fayettenam last July. Daniel Judah fought in Greensboro in 2012. Greensboro probably puts on the most quantity but not necessarily the best quantity. I am missing some fights...there are a lot more than I mentioned but still not enough. They are scattered throughout the state. But MMA surprisingly is all over. I actually work with a guy who used to be an MMA fighter...and now he actually makes the rings for events as a side thing and makes a pretty good lick off of it.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvelous went in

as much as I love the legends..they are just out of touch. its different in 14' than it was in 84'
I said the same thing about Nique when he tried to throw shade on Lebron's 61. these old dudes are comparing their time with the current as if you can just get in and out of a time machine and transport to any era. its a relative situation. some things were tougher back then but that doesnt mean that some other things arent tougher now.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that fight was not an ugly fight...it was ugly because it showed what happens when danny can't connect on any of his wild swinging left hooks against a live body who can box..he's forced to use his head which as we saw he doesn't have much of a boxing IQ lol

this is just an observation but a lil bounce in his step wouldnt hurt Danny. he is a strong left hooker but needs to be planted to get full leverage and power. thats good against a fighter with not much movement but not very effective with those who have. Oscar should be teaching him this...he was a prime example of how to do it. check the Oba Carr KO.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
as much as I love the legends..they are just out of touch. its different in 14' than it was in 84'
I said the same thing about Nique when he tried to throw shade on Lebron's 61. these old dudes are comparing their time with the current as if you can just get in and out of a time machine and transport to any era. its a relative situation. some things were tougher back then but that doesnt mean that some other things arent tougher now.

LOL.. there's not a thing wrong with what Marvelous said.. whether it be 2014 or 1984