Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL.. there's not a thing wrong with what Marvelous said.. whether it be 2014 or 1984

it is something wrong with it. Promoting is much different now than then. Don King and Bob Arum never had a problem working together. Mayweather and GBP want nothing to do with Arum. They are on competing networks...and the only time I remember them coming together was for Lewis-Tyson.
Pac just got knocked out and looked mortal against a punching bag so his marketability took a serious hit.
as Slim Charles said...."game aint changed, just got more fierce" :obama:

GBP main aim is to put these other big promoters out of business. King is almost done so Arum is next up and his cash cow's days are numbered. Is this good for boxing and the consumer? Absolutely not. I am just telling you that sitting back where we sit its easy to say such in such should fight but in real life shyt dont work like that doggy.

:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
it is something wrong with it. Promoting is much different now than then. Don King and Bob Arum never had a problem working together. Mayweather and GBP want nothing to do with Arum. They are on competing networks...and the only time I remember them coming together was for Lewis-Tyson.
Pac just got knocked out and looked mortal against a punching bag so his marketability took a serious hit.
as Slim Charles said...."game aint changed, just got more fierce" :obama:

GBP main aim is to put these other big promoters out of business. King is almost done so Arum is next up and his cash cow's days are numbered. Is this good for boxing and the consumer? Absolutely not. I am just telling you that sitting back where we sit its easy to say such in such should fight but in real life shyt dont work like that doggy.

:manny:

Floyd can make any fight happened right now... ANY FIGHT.. this bullshyt about so and so wants to put whoever out of business doesn't change that Floyd can and has the power to make any fight happen on any network.. They are being a bunch of pussies and Marvelous is calling them on it

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd can make any fight happened right now... ANY FIGHT.. this bullshyt about so and so wants to put whoever out of business doesn't change that Floyd can and has the power to make any fight happen on any network.. They are being a bunch of pussies and Marvelous is calling them on it

yes, he can make any match...but what is the incentive to do so?

money? :ehh: the window for that fight being the biggest payday has passed.
P4P status? :comeon: your boy already got slept by a guy that got outboxed by Bradley :mjlol:

Floyd beat Canelo so I dont think he is afraid of a guy who got KOed by a guy he already beat.

I offer this suggestion..even though its just hyperbole like the shyt you talk. :beli: let Manny beat Canelo MORE impressively, then if he does that make a Mayweather fight...since people always want to compare the wins against Hatton and Oscar. :snoop:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Being that Floyd has an exclusive contract with Showtime, no he can't fight on any network.

Secondly, Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank runs out at the end of this year. Why doesn't he either sign with Golden Boy or actually put MP promotions to use and promote himself so that he CAN fight Floyd free of any restrictions from Arum/TR or HBO

Pacquiao doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO, so I expect no excuses at the end of this year. If he resigns with TR instead of using his own promotional company that he has or at LEAST signing with GBP, we know he doesn't want the fight.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
yes, he can make any match...but what is the incentive to do so?

money? :ehh: the window for that fight being the biggest payday has passed.
P4P status? :comeon: your boy already got slept by a guy that got outboxed by Bradley :mjlol:

Floyd beat Canelo so I dont think he is afraid of a guy who got KOed by a guy he already beat.

I offer this suggestion..even though its just hyperbole like the shyt you talk. :beli: let Manny beat Canelo MORE impressively, then if he does that make a Mayweather fight...since people always want to compare the wins against Hatton and Oscar. :snoop:

Pac got slepped by someone he beat 3 times already who still ducking him... Same guy who got beat by Bradley who Pacquiao beat (according to the people that saction the belt and anyone with eyeballs)
That fight is still the biggest payday fool... knowing you. You probably think Floyd/Garcia would do bigger numbers :bryan:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being that Floyd has an exclusive contract with Showtime, no he can't fight on any network.

Secondly, Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank runs out at the end of this year. Why doesn't he either sign with Golden Boy or actually put MP promotions to use and promote himself so that he CAN fight Floyd free of any restrictions from Arum/TR or HBO

Pacquiao doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO, so I expect no excuses at the end of this year. If he resigns with TR instead of using his own promotional company that he has or at LEAST signing with GBP, we know he doesn't want the fight.

True, Pac doesnt have contract with HBO but....that wont stop the fight from NOT happening. Arum is not going to sour his relationship by cutting HBO out of the deal on a fight of this magnitude. It couldve happened on Showtime before the Cold War like Pac-Mosley. When that fight took place...GBP was still working with HBO.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

I suspect Manny on is the leash BIG TIME with Arum for money. I'd be amazed if he doesn't re-sign.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Why do yall keep saying Pac has to leave his team for the fight to happen... If Floyd actually attempted to make a real offer besides a zero ppv flat rate deal he made back in 2011..There shouldn't be any issue for the fight to be on showtime...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
True, Pac doesnt have contract with HBO but....that wont stop the fight from NOT happening. Arum is not going to sour his relationship by cutting HBO out of the deal on a fight of this magnitude. It couldve happened on Showtime before the Cold War like Pac-Mosley. When that fight took place...GBP was still working with HBO.

Yea I remember yhat... I t was during when Floyd said he was taking the rest of 2010 and 2011 off

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

Agree, but that's what we all said 2 years ago when his contract was running out. He was calling Floyd out then he resigned with Arum. I expect Pac to do the same. He will resign with TR and say Floyd doesn't want the fight. Then ppl will believe him. HBO can't be cut out the deal if he's with TR cuz loyalty goes far with TR and HBO. I ll put Coli cash on it now tat he will resign with TR, especially Arum has no real cash cows now and his stock is low

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Why do yall keep saying Pac has to leave his team for the fight to happen... If Floyd actually attempted to make a real offer besides a zero ppv flat rate deal he made back in 2011..There shouldn't be any issue for the fight to be on showtime...

wake me up when Apple and Microsoft make a computer together, or when BMW and Mercedes build a car together using resources and staff from one company.

Thing is HBO gonna want some of the PPV cash and Arum knows that. That's the only way Arum gonna be able to make profit and scheme as usual

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

because GBP told HBO to go fukk themselves....giving Arum full reign over there. he is not going to do business with Showtime now unless HBO refuses to buy one of his fights and being that they dont have GBP anymore...why would they do that? :what:

I want you to really read this next line VERY closely and think with your brain and not with your heart on it. Please. Why would Floyd or any other boxer for that matter make a deal giving up PPV concessions when they havent been doing that in the past few years? Why would he take away from his cut to give more to a fighter who is less profitable now. He could easily fight someone else and keep all proceeds and that would be close to what he would make by shelling off a portion to Pac (remember, Pac has to be happy with the deal...he aint gonna take that lil side money that Floyd gives to Canelo and soon to be Maidana). Floyd doesnt owe Manny any favors.

Like I tell people all the time...the easiest way to securing a fight is to KEEP WINNING. that was Manny's only leverage and he now longer has that....maybe even less if Bradley steps it up on him. :mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Floyd Mayweather is not willing to co-promote with Bob Arum. That's the issue.

Manny Pacquiao has "MP Promotions" which is supposed to be his own promotional company. He can work for himself in conjunction with TR like Mayweather Promotions does with GB. OR, he can do like Cotto and fight whomever, whenever he wants because he's not signed to any company as a fighter.

As of 01/01/2015 at 12:00am, Manny Pacquiao will no longer be a fighter on TR unless he resigns sometime this year. If he resigns with TR, then he has effectively ended any chance of us ever seeing Floyd vs Manny.

Floyd does NOT have to choose to work with someone he cant stand (Arum) and that's not fair to ask that of him. Manny can fight under his own banner like Floyd does and the fight can come to fruition.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Agree, but that's what we all said 2 years ago when his contract was running out. He was calling Floyd out then he resigned with Arum. I expect Pac to do the same. He will resign with TR and say Floyd doesn't want the fight. Then ppl will believe him. HBO can't be cut out the deal if he's with TR cuz loyalty goes far with TR and HBO. I ll put Coli cash on it now tat he will resign with TR, especially Arum has no real cash cows now and his stock is low

Exactly.

It would be different if Pacquiao was locked under contract for 5-6 years. Nope. His contract ends on New Years Day at 12:00am. He resigns with TR instead of working for himself using his MP Promotions, then no Pac fan can EVER accuse Floyd of ducking him anymore. Especially when you have a way to get around it (using your own company) and fight who you please and whenever just like Cotto does, but instead you rather resign with a guy who Floyd has said he will never in life do business again with and then act like you're suprised why Floyd wont fight you.

It's not you. It's Arum. Floyd is NOT willing to break bread with Arum and he doesnt have too:ufdup:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
wake me up when Apple and Microsoft make a computer together, or when BMW and Mercedes build a car together using resources and staff from one company.

Thing is HBO gonna want some of the PPV cash and Arum knows that. That's the only way Arum gonna be able to make profit and scheme as usual
Floyd Promotions and GB promotions co promote for every fight.. Are you telling me Floyd and TR couldn't do the same thing??
Arum gets his 27% from his fighters purse to cover fees..WTF are you yalking about he wants a ppv cut??