Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.1 million. :ehh:

hey, it did more than the Zab fight...which is a lil surprising to me being that Zab is a big name and Herrera is largely unknown. it just proves that his popularity is rising. and in large part its due to the recent dragon slaying.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
depending on who they put on the card....it could be as much as 50% more. bring Wilder back would be first suggestion. throw Peterson on there. this is why I was telling @Black_Jesus that Danny has earned his shot, not just by winning lineal title but his popularity has grown. no disrespect to Maidana but the only reason casuals even know who he is is because of Broner. he wasnt mentioned one time before that victory as a Mayweather opponent. never crossed anyone's mind. Danny should be ready for Floyd fight after one more good fight.

Make a doubleheader of Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera and Adrien Broner vs Lamont Peterson on the same card

Winner of one fight fights the other:ohlawd:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Sam Peter added to Super 8 lineup
Former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter has joined Kali Meehan, Michael Sprott and Martin Rogan in the $500,000 Prizefighter-style “Super 8″ tournament on June 4 in Auckland, New Zealand. It will be the 33-year-old “Nigerian Nightmare’s” first fight in three years.

The winner of the tournament will collect $200,000, the runner-up receives $100,000, semi-finalists earn $30,000, and opening round losers bank $15,000. Fighters can receive bonuses for KOs, best fights and fight of the night. The other four “Super 8″ boxers are TBA. If you’re a heavyweight who wants to compete, they are taking applications.

taking applications? :dahell:

i have a weird desire to see this super 8 tournament lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Garcia vs. Herrera draws strong ratings, peaking at 1.1 million viewers
Last Saturday’s Showtime Championship Boxing telecast continued the flagship series’ upward ratings trend, with the main event between unified super lightweight world champion Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera generating a peak audience of 1.1 million viewers. Garcia’s star-power continues to rise with this appearance on SHOWTIME, with Saturday’s bout attracting nearly 20% more viewers than his last appearance on a Showtime telecast (April 27, 2013 against Zab Judah). The Garcia vs. Herrera bout attracted an average audience of 972,000 viewers.

strong case for a rematch and redemption :obama:

1.1 milly turned to see herrera show garcia what boxing is all about....outstanding :obama:..yes it is worthy of a card built around it again

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:gladbron:

A rematch does even more viewers :jawalrus:
A 2nd pointless match the 1st already knocked him 5 steps from a Mayweather match when he was sitting on that throne alone, and that was in a clear win in my book......

Beating Herrera does nothing for at this point, if Swift wins impressive people will say thats what he was supposed to do in the first time.... the match can revisited later

Plus the fight was ugly as fukk anyway, Herrera aint exactly impress, I would rather a Herrera Peterson or Herrera Broner match to build that pub and make the fight bigger, thats if Swift plans to till campaign at 140 when we all know he's dying to make weight

Im not that much of a fan of rematches, just think Pacquaio how years off prime did he waste facing JMM 4 times, and Morales 3 x, 3-4 years and that doesn't include Barrera...Rematches can always happen at any time late down the line

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A 2nd pointless match the 1st already knocked him 5 steps from a Mayweather match when he was sitting on that throne alone, and that was in a clear win in my book......

Beating Herrera does nothing for at this point, if Swift wins impressive people will say thats what he was supposed to do in the first time.... the match can revisited later

Plus the fight was ugly as fukk anyway, Herrera aint exactly impress, I would rather a Herrera Peterson or Herrera Broner match to build that pub and make the fight bigger, thats if Swift plans to till campaign at 140 when we all know he's dying to make weight

Im not that much of a fan of rematches, just think Pacquaio how years off prime did he waste facing JMM 4 times, and Morales 3 x, 3-4 years and that doesn't include Barrera...Rematches can always happen at any time late down the line

this is where we disagree, especially in this case. the Garcia's have said they dont chase fights, they are only interested in building their own legacy. this helps with that. he can be the one guy in recent times who doesnt duck any challenges. even Paul Williams, who I am a huge fan of...I lost respect for after he ducked Lara. he could no longer stake his claim as being most avoided when he was actually avoiding fights. its easier said than done inside and out of the ring but Danny has a chance to do something good here. depending on what bread is laid out will determine it. if he is guaranteed a nice chunk and he thinks he can clearly whup Herrera then I think you may see that rematch.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikkas want a rematch :scusthov:

shyt was hard to watch the first time. :camby:

I'd only wanna see a rematch so Swift could get that W without a shadow of doubt

It was an ugly ass fight tho I still haven't rewatched it... jab jab grab punch

Herrera landed 82 power punches I'd bet more then half was in the clinch:russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
that fight was not an ugly fight...it was ugly because it showed what happens when danny can't connect on any of his wild swinging left hooks against a live body who can box..he's forced to use his head which as we saw he doesn't have much of a boxing IQ lol

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
god no..i have about 5-6 herrera fights in my collection..ruiz 4..all the ones where he catches work fromm tua, roy, toney, and haye :jawalrus:..dont try to compare ruiz with this fight...you're reaching krack lol

It ain't that far of a reach breh :mjpls:

I don't mind clinching if you are going to work inside but jab, jab, clinch pitty pat right to the body x200 until the ref steps in is :why:

I'm not only blaming Herrera though because Danny let it happen, it's on both of them but I have no desire to see it again. :manny: