Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the boxing was good...the presentation was horrible :snoop:
they made that shyt too cliche..i mean i understood the purpose of it which was to attract the young hip hiphop crowd to boxing but yeah the presentation was kinda low budget looking..and if you're going to hold boxing in the afternoon you gotta have at least one notable fight like a title fight on it at some point..i dont think there ever was :patrice:..some eliminators and minor titles yeah

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
On another note brehs, I dont care what anybody says, but Vitali Klitschko is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters I have ever seen.

He's never touched the deck in any of his career fights and was never beaten in any fight ever. The loss to Chris Byrd was due to him tearing his rotator cuff in the fight and the fight was stopped with Klitschko not being able to continue......and he was winning 88-83, 88-83, 89-82 on all 3 of the judges scorecards at the time. Unfortunately, wack ass Chris Byrd got a "TKO" victory:camby:

His fight with Lennox Lewis, Vitali was winning 58-56 on all 3 judge scorecards when the fight was stopped by the doctor. Vitali was also outlanding him 156 to 102 in total punches (79 Vitali to 50 Lennox in power punches). Lennox was turning up, but we'll never know how that fight would've ended.

Vitali's reach, chin, power, conditioning, and boxing skill would've been tough for anyone to beat period....only the elite of the elite. I dont have a list where I rank Vitali, but I put him amongst Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, and Holyfield as the best 5 Heavyweights (since 1980)
i thought i was the only one who felt this way... great post.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
On another note brehs, I dont care what anybody says, but Vitali Klitschko is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters I have ever seen.

He's never touched the deck in any of his career fights and was never beaten in any fight ever. The loss to Chris Byrd was due to him tearing his rotator cuff in the fight and the fight was stopped with Klitschko not being able to continue......and he was winning 88-83, 88-83, 89-82 on all 3 of the judges scorecards at the time. Unfortunately, wack ass Chris Byrd got a "TKO" victory:camby:

His fight with Lennox Lewis, Vitali was winning 58-56 on all 3 judge scorecards when the fight was stopped by the doctor. Vitali was also outlanding him 156 to 102 in total punches (79 Vitali to 50 Lennox in power punches). Lennox was turning up, but we'll never know how that fight would've ended.

Vitali's reach, chin, power, conditioning, and boxing skill would've been tough for anyone to beat period....only the elite of the elite. I dont have a list where I rank Vitali, but I put him amongst Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, and Holyfield as the best 5 Heavyweights (since 1980)
i also remember reading somewhere on how many rounds he has won against his opponents and the numbers are staggering... isnt he like 6'8?:wtf:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i also remember reading somewhere on how many rounds he was won against his opponents and the numbers are staggering... isnt he like 6'8?:wtf:

Yep.

The closest fight he ever won was 118-110, 118-110, and 119-111 against Dereck Chisora.

He's never lost a fight on the scorecards ever (not even was he losing to Lewis and Byrd) and he's never touched the canvas..............ever in 47 fights.

Monster.

I was waiting for him to officially hang it up, and it seems like now he'll never return to boxing, so I'm giving him his credit. His brother is not even on his level at all.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
wlad was more athletic than vitali and in the early days was more exciting to watch than vitali but lacked the durability and the chin...manny fixed him but then he's not too exciting to watch and hasn't been for years

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yep.

The closest fight he ever won was 118-110, 118-110, and 119-111 against Dereck Chisora.

He's never lost a fight on the scorecards ever (not even was he losing to Lewis and Byrd) and he's never touched the canvas..............ever in 47 fights.

Monster.

I was waiting for him to officially hang it up, and it seems like now he'll never return to boxing, so I'm giving him his credit. His brother is not even on his level at all.
ya i do see wlad losing to vitali... i do also see wlad as a monster but beatable, well pre manny.... his style of having his hands down and jabbing you... pretty much depending on his reflexes... that jab and over hand right by a big ass man like that:damn:... i honestly think fighters were scared of him once they got in the ring with him.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
wlad was more athletic than vitali and in the early days was more exciting to watch than vitali but lacked the durability and the chin...manny fixed him but then he's not too exciting to watch and hasn't been for years

Ya wlad was way more exciting and had more of the tools than vitali... manny made him boring.. manny does that to all his heavywieghts for the most part... look at this fight when wlad was pre manny:whew:... he would mix them up... once mercer felt the power:sadcam:

On a side note:
At 2:49 of the video what was the scuffle about and who was in it?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Let's not forget about Alfonso Gomez fighting Cotto for the 147 Championship and Canelo Alvarez for the 154 Championship, and then Peter Manfredo getting title shots against Joe Calzaghe at 168 and JCC Jr at 160:heh:
There were some serious shenanigans in the way that Calzaghe/Manfredo fight was stopped. Joe was throwing some bullshyt pitty pat nonsense (most of which didn't even land) and the ref jumped in to stop the bout like he was saving Manfredo from dying in the ring or something.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I did that one a while ago.
C9eMVHZ.png
You Know what,i remember that. I send that (whole) picture to my brother every time i use danny garcia to kick his ass on EA FIGHT NIGHT.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Jabs Landed: Pacquiao 63....Bradley 51

Power Punches Landed: Pacquiao 190.....Bradley 108

Total Punches landed: Pacquiao 253.....159

:manny:

That's a clear robbery
Because compubox is always correct right breh?Because compubox shows defense and ring generalship. There's multiple things in scoring a fight breh.

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
There were some serious shenanigans in the way that Calzaghe/Manfredo fight was stopped. Joe was throwing some bullshyt pitty pat nonsense (most of which didn't even land) and the ref jumped in to stop the bout like he was saving Manfredo from dying in the ring or something.

I still get upset thinking about that one. I think the refs name is terry oconnor. Not too long ago he stopped another fight like that.... cant remember which one tho.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sn: I have been wanting to get my promoters license for years now, never had the time or funds to do it yet but I am going to gun for that late this year.

You ever hear of Fight Promoter University, which is a 3 day seminar in Irvine, CA where they try to teach all aspects of the business & bring in guys to talk about the game like Jim Lampley, Richard Schaffer, etc?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Because compubox is always correct right breh?Because compubox shows defense and ring generalship. There's multiple things in scoring a fight breh.
Let me add to this. I never slammed anyone who said pac won or Bradley got a gift. I thought it was a close fight that he won, but if someone was to call it a robbery it'd be :yeshrug: to me