Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know............I wouldn't mind seeing Sakio Bika/Arthur Abraham unification

AA must have a retirement plan in place cause damn that's a quick turn around, especially considering how tough the Stieglitz fight was

AA aint tryin to fight nobody with a pulse. Bika biding his time too because he knows his days are numbered. Shouldve lost his last fight but Dirrell had to do his best Oscar imitation. Bika aint shyt. Said he aint interested in a rematch. We got too many bums for champions. Anybody that was on The Contender or any of them other shows loses credibility right there. :comeon:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

I seen a post on another site about the Deontay Wilder vs Malik Scott fight as simply "Wilder won in the 1st round after Scott turned the boxing ring into a swimming pool":dead:

real talk though. this fight dont sit well with me. Scott should be ashamed of himself. You really think Chisora or Fury would lay down like that? And I dont even like them dudes.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
some of those contender cats did pick up belts
bika
sergio mora
ishe smith
K9 :scusthov:
steve forbes
but not a significant champ among them really

Let's not forget about Alfonso Gomez fighting Cotto for the 147 Championship and Canelo Alvarez for the 154 Championship, and then Peter Manfredo getting title shots against Joe Calzaghe at 168 and JCC Jr at 160:heh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of those contender cats did pick up belts
bika
sergio mora
ishe smith
K9 :scusthov:
steve forbes
but not a significant champ among them really

yes they did. but that shows how weak some of these divisions are. Forbes was a champ before he was on the show, that should tell you how bad his marketability was. the one I respect the most out of there is K9 because I thought he was garbage and after getting KTFO by Sechew I really knew he wasnt shyt. Then he beat Ouma, Stopped Spinks. Avenged loss against Sechew. Stopped Spinks again. Those are some good wins considering I picked him to lose everyone of them. Forbes was the best fighter on that show but I cant hate on the post-show success that K9 had.:obama:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's not forget about Alfonso Gomez fighting Cotto for the 147 Championship and Canelo Alvarez for the 154 Championship, and then Peter Manfredo getting title shots against Joe Calzaghe at 168 and JCC Jr at 160:heh:

gotta respect Gomez too, these guys gave it all they had....just werent very talented at all. Gomez made some good paydays, including that Gatti stoppage. He did ok for himself and had some respectable wins in his career. Thats good considering he really didnt have much ability. Better than a guy like Panchito who actually had talent.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thats why I said that show only increased visibility but hurt credibility.

sn: remember Thunderbox? That shyt was aiight :obama:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont remember that:dwillhuh:

it was a Heavyweight Tourney put on by Cedric Kushner. that shyt was good. we need more stuff like that. I guess Prizefighter is what we have today...even though I havent seen it yet. Tony Thompson beat Sugar Mo Harris and won the tourney and 100k prize money along with #2 IBF ranking.

edit: my memory may be off, just checked it. I think what happened was Mo won the unofficial tourney then they made an official match with Thompson based on the tourney and Thompson knocked him out.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i didnt count the ones from contender that held the minor titles or got a title shot...there was too many of those to list
i remember thunderbox...they used to have live music acts with live boxing...they only fukked with heavyweight fights

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ko nation didnt last long either...another hiphop/boxing crossover attempt...ed lover was the host...hosting fights on saturday afternoons i think on HBO....it was ok..Floyd-augustus was a fight from there

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
On another note brehs, I dont care what anybody says, but Vitali Klitschko is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters I have ever seen.

He's never touched the deck in any of his career fights and was never beaten in any fight ever. The loss to Chris Byrd was due to him tearing his rotator cuff in the fight and the fight was stopped with Klitschko not being able to continue......and he was winning 88-83, 88-83, 89-82 on all 3 of the judges scorecards at the time. Unfortunately, wack ass Chris Byrd got a "TKO" victory:camby:

His fight with Lennox Lewis, Vitali was winning 58-56 on all 3 judge scorecards when the fight was stopped by the doctor. Vitali was also outlanding him 156 to 102 in total punches (79 Vitali to 50 Lennox in power punches). Lennox was turning up, but we'll never know how that fight would've ended.

Vitali's reach, chin, power, conditioning, and boxing skill would've been tough for anyone to beat period....only the elite of the elite. I dont have a list where I rank Vitali, but I put him amongst Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, and Holyfield as the best 5 Heavyweights (since 1980)