Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hi-res-148244383_crop_north.jpg

I did that one a while ago.
C9eMVHZ.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
*sees Bradley only landed 19% of his punches in the fight compared to Manny landing 34% of his total punches*:lupe:

I never had Bradley winning the fight period, and I JUST looked at the compubox numbers today for the 1st time. I have no dog in this fight, but facts are facts:yeshrug:

I feel you breh, it's just that nikkas love going against the grain. :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
is he going to fight again anytime soon though :ld:

I think the better question is, is there anybody that is ready to step up to the challenge and fight him?

He's called out GGG, he's called out JCC Jr (who's now at 168 and they both fight on HBO), but neither of em want that work:manny:

He's gonna have to move up to 175 eventually and beat up on those unskilled cats (unskilled except Hopkins), because everyone at 160 and 168 is scared of him:dead:

People ask why does he keep calling out GGG, because GGG and JCC Jr fights with Andre Ward are PPVs and makes him more money than him fighting anyone at 175......including Bernard Hopkins. He wants that large payday and he's waiting around for it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
But, but but Bradley was on roller skates out boxing Manny and making him look stupid breh. You not judging the ring generalship of Timmy. I think you might have to watch this fight on mute and look at it in slow motion. I'm sure you'll have Bradley winning once you do. :russ:

this is the one thing about this fight that ppl say that pisses me off....
"i watched it on mute twice...without hearing the crowd or jim lampley...bradley def won it based on that...try doing that" :rudy:...im not deaf so why wouldn’t i want to hear whats going on? :mindblown:...ok so based off that logic let me go watch rios-abril again with the sound off...and based on that id agree that rios won the fight and not by sight where it looked like abril shut em out on the cards..stupid ass nikkas man

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I think the better question is, is there anybody that is ready to step up to the challenge and fight him?

He's called out GGG, he's called out JCC Jr (who's now at 168 and they both fight on HBO), but neither of em want that work:manny:

He's gonna have to move up to 175 eventually and beat up on those unskilled cats (unskilled except Hopkins), because everyone at 160 and 168 is scared of him:dead:

People ask why does he keep calling out GGG, because GGG and JCC Jr fights with Andre Ward are PPVs and makes him more money than him fighting anyone at 175......including Bernard Hopkins. He wants that large payday and he's waiting around for it.
He should go up to 175 right now

hes cleaned up his division

also no one wants to fight in oakland, stevenson is filling up 15k arenas in canada

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
No. Not officially or contractually. They used to work with DKP on occasion. They just have a close working relationship. They are like underlings. They are "exclusive" to HBO because of their relationship with TR. They are like sub-promoters of TR so they have to play their position. You wont see them on Showtime or working with GBP unless their relationship with TR dissolves. Also Pelullo is very influential to the NABF which is the head federation for the WBC.

This is a great question because people dont really understand the inner workings and alliances of large promotional firms. They dont get all the fighters, they have to basically work in conjunction with the smaller promoters. Banner are the ones who found Prov. The first star I remember them having was Freitas. Its like having your own record label imprint under a large record label like Sony or EMI, etc...

sn: I have been wanting to get my promoters license for years now, never had the time or funds to do it yet but I am going to gun for that late this year.
I don't know if the record label example is the same, since that's bound by contracts, but I get what you're saying. OFF the books, they're actually under Top Rank and do what they tell them to do. On the books, they're an independent promotional company that just so happens to do most to all of their business with Top Rank and HBO :mjpls:

The game is all fukked up B :wow:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
this is the one thing about this fight that ppl say that pisses me off....
"i watched it on mute twice...without hearing the crowd or jim lampley...bradley def won it based on that...try doing that" :rudy:...im not deaf so why wouldn’t i want to hear whats going on? :mindblown:...ok so based off that logic let me go watch rios-abril again with the sound off...and based on that id agree that rios won the fight and not by sight where it looked like abril shut em out on the cards..stupid ass nikkas man

Exactly
I swear the shyt people say in order to justify their bad scoring. :snoop:

For example Paulie throws a bunch of jabs at Broner that don't land and the 1 or 2 that do have no effect, yet some nikkas still think that was a close fight or gift decision.

Herrera throws a bunch of jabs that actually land and do physical/visual damage, yet now the focus is power shots now. nikkas weren't trying to hear that power punching shyt when Broner was snapping Paulies head back every damn round. Garcia's power shots never had that type of effect, but it's supposed to count for more for some reason.

Canelo/Trout is another one, but at least with Canelo's power shots he got a knockdown and hurt Trout like 2-3 times. Power shots don't mean much if they not hurting your opponent or making them back up or snap they head back.

It's like the scoring criteria changes for each fight. :heh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if the record label example is the same, since that's bound by contracts, but I get what you're saying. OFF the books, they're actually under Top Rank and do what they tell them to do. On the books, they're an independent promotional company that just so happens to do most to all of their business with Top Rank and HBO :mjpls:

The game is all fukked up B :wow:

right...thats the difference....the contracts. I wont say they DONT have a contract with TR but I dont suspect they do. Ruslan is Banner's fighter. Alvarado is TR's fighter. People get confused about it. Really, if Pelullo wanted to work with GBP, I dont think there is anything stopping him contractually. As you say, the game is fukked up because if he tried that...GBP will tell him they arent fukking with him as long as he is working with Bob and TR will tell him to go fukk himself if he does biz with GBP. HBO has given BP their opportunity and they dont have enough star power on their roster to say we gonna go fukk with Showtime. :mjpls:

So contractually I dont think there is anything stopping a Swift vs Prov fight from happening.
In the cold war, one has to choose his side. Pelullo chose TR because he had already been working with them before GBP came into existence. When you have an alliance that long, you cant just switch sides.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Exactly
I swear the shyt people say in order to justify their bad scoring. :snoop:

For example Paulie throws a bunch of jabs at Broner that don't land and the 1 or 2 that do have no effect, yet some nikkas still think that was a close fight or gift decision.

Herrera throws a bunch of jabs that actually land and do physical/visual damage, yet now the focus is power shots now. nikkas weren't trying to hear that power punching shyt when Broner was snapping Paulies head back every damn round. Garcia's power shots never had that type of effect, but it's supposed to count for more for some reason.

Canelo/Trout is another one, but at least with Canelo's power shots he got a knockdown and hurt Trout like 2-3 times. Power shots don't mean much if they not hurting your opponent or making them back up or snap they head back.

It's like the scoring criteria changes for each fight. :heh:

:ohlawd:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

also no one wants to fight in oakland, stevenson is filling up 15k arenas in canada

5 of Ward's last 10 fights have been in Oakland (and that's mainly because of the Super Six)

His last 5 fights have been in:

Oakland vs Sakio Bika
Carson, California vs Arthur Abraham
Atlantic City vs Carl Froch
Oakland vs Chad Dawson
Ontario, California vs Edwin Rodriguez

So he doesnt ALWAYS fight in Oakland. Besides, a fight with JCC Jr or GGG can be done in Staples Center....which is where I believe Ward is gonna have to start fighting soon.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Andre Ward Options:

-Froch-Groves winner (Much BETTER if Groves wins, since Froch refuses to take a rematch in Oaktown)
-GGG/Chavez Jr winner (No guarantee he'd get the winner since both turned him down, one wants to jump to 175, the other wants Martinez/Cotto winner)
-Sakio Bika 2 for unification (Golden Boy/Showtime.........maybe, he's not on their website...Was completely shut-out last time)
-Arthur Abraham 2 for unification (Abraham clearly beaten the first time though he put on a spirited effort)
-Robert Stieglitz (Was KO'd the last two times he fought in the U.S., strictly a stay busy against a top 10 168 coming off a close loss in his rubber-match with AA)
-Andre Dirrell (Refused the fight during the Super 6, now signed with 50, not sure if anything has changed)
-Anthony Dirrell (Coming off somewhat controversial draw to Sakio Bika)
-Mikkel Kessler 2 (I'm sure Kessler wants to avenge this loss, but he was soundly dominated the first time around)
-James DeGale (I like this option, DeGale was supposed to have to fight Badou Jack for a final eliminator, now he's in limbo)
-Brian Vera (REALLY grasping at straws here.......)
-J'Leon Love (^^read above)

That's 168, unless he takes someone no one has ever heard of :ld:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Andre Ward Options:

-Froch-Groves winner (Much BETTER if Groves wins, since Froch refuses to take a rematch in Oaktown)
-GGG/Chavez Jr winner (No guarantee he'd get the winner since both turned him down, one wants to jump to 175, the other wants Martinez/Cotto winner)
-Sakio Bika 2 for unification (Golden Boy/Showtime.........maybe, he's not on their website...Was completely shut-out last time)
-Arthur Abraham 2 for unification (Abraham clearly beaten the first time though he put on a spirited effort)
-Robert Stieglitz (Was KO'd the last two times he fought in the U.S., strictly a stay busy against a top 10 168 coming off a close loss in his rubber-match with AA)
-Andre Dirrell (Refused the fight during the Super 6, now signed with 50, not sure if anything has changed)
-Mikkel Kessler 2 (I'm sure Kessler wants to avenge this loss, but he was soundly dominated the first time around)
-James DeGale (I like this option, DeGale was supposed to have to fight Badou Jack for a final eliminator, now he's in limbo)

Got dayum
Those are some slim pickings right there.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Andre Ward Options:

:whew: