Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:merchant:
1921952_770070063006105_307918108_n_zps520666dd.jpg

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
But what if the power punches are grazing shots at best? And the jab's are nose breaking jabs? Do you consider a Floyd check hook more of a power punch than his jab to the sternum? Etc. Etc.
fukk all the jab/power punches shyt. look at garcias face after the fight. no matter what the numbers were, it's pretty obvious herrera's jabs had much more of an impact than garcia's "power punches"...and to me, that's what matters most. garcia took much more of a beating in that fight than herrera did. getting on my max kellerman and asking...physically speaking, who would you rather have been when the final bell rang?...I think we all know the answer to that. there's a reason danny and his team are coppin pleas. they see that 90% of the boxing world thinks he lost the fight, including other fighters and analysts. dude got a gift....it is what it is. hopefully he can learn from this and come back stronger.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

that fight was a war

now here's a little history on the punch stats and why herrera won that fight

Total punch stats landed/thrown:

Provodnikov: 336/886

Herrera: 300/898

Jabs landed/thrown:

Provodnikov: 97/398

Herrera: 116/370

Power Punches landed/thrown:

Provodnikov: 229/488

Herrera: 184/528

but but but i thought whoever landed the most power punches wins the fight :ohhh:

Now you would think landing more punches in general, much less more damaging shots would get you a win. Well, in a subjective sport like boxing, with any number of reasons for picking judges, that is not often the case. In the end, judge Adalaide Byrd had it 115-113 and judges Duane Ford and Richard Houck both had it 116-112, all for Herrera. To be fair, it was a competitive fight. Herrera was a solid ring general who took away the jab of Provodnikov while landing a few more of his own.

ring generalship which is what herrera did to garcia..the only difference from that fight was herrera landed more overall besides the jab...not a close fight by any means..a clear 8 to 4 or 9 to 3...depending on what struggle rounds you want to give danny..but in no way did danny win 6 rounds or more than that in this fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I gotta leave for work but I gotta question that I can't find the answer to.......

Is Banner Promotions a part of Top Rank? Is there any reason why they seem to be HBO exclusive?

maybe one of them has a good relationship with someone at hbo :manny: but i dont think its exclusive.....some of their fighters on their roster have def fought on showtime plenty of times like art hov..and i know the president of it ive seen many times at ringside for fights on showtime

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It'd be nice to see Mares vs JuanMa sometime in the near future. He prolly needs to ice somebody early in order to get his confidence back for a Gonzales rematch. It's risky though. Abner can't afford to lose to 2 past prime chinny punchers in a row. :pachaha:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta leave for work but I gotta question that I can't find the answer to.......

Is Banner Promotions a part of Top Rank? Is there any reason why they seem to be HBO exclusive?

No. Not officially or contractually. They used to work with DKP on occasion. They just have a close working relationship. They are like underlings. They are "exclusive" to HBO because of their relationship with TR. They are like sub-promoters of TR so they have to play their position. You wont see them on Showtime or working with GBP unless their relationship with TR dissolves. Also Pelullo is very influential to the NABF which is the head federation for the WBC.

This is a great question because people dont really understand the inner workings and alliances of large promotional firms. They dont get all the fighters, they have to basically work in conjunction with the smaller promoters. Banner are the ones who found Prov. The first star I remember them having was Freitas. Its like having your own record label imprint under a large record label like Sony or EMI, etc...

sn: I have been wanting to get my promoters license for years now, never had the time or funds to do it yet but I am going to gun for that late this year.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Stay in PR and get outboxed out pointed and your nose broke all while retaining your title brehs

Timothy Bradley robbed Manny Pacquiao blind, and some people think he robbed Provodnikov as well breh

#BradleyBunch doesnt have much room to be talking about a robbery:manny:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Timothy Bradley robbed Manny Pacquiao and, to many people, Ruslan Provodnikov as well breh

#BradleyBunch doesnt have much room to be talking about a robbery:manny:

Garcia/Herrera was a much closer/competitive fight than Manny/Bradley. At least Danny kept the punch stats close. Manny done landed 100 more punches and still got robbed..:heh:

I wouldn't call the Prov fight a robbery but he did get fukked out of a knockdown on some Martinez/Murray type shyt.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Garcia/Herrera was a much closer/competitive fight than Manny/Bradley. At least Danny kept the punch stats close. Manny done landed 100 more punches and still got robbed..:heh:

I wouldn't call the Prov fight a robbery but he did get fukked out of a knockdown on some Martinez/Murray type shyt.

Jabs Landed: Pacquiao 63....Bradley 51

Power Punches Landed: Pacquiao 190.....Bradley 108

Total Punches landed: Pacquiao 253.....159

CompuBox Stats: Bradley W 12 Pacquaio
CompuBox PunchStat Report
Tim Bradley W 12 (spl) Manny Pacquiao
06/09/2012 Las Vegas

Really CJ Ross (115-113) and Duane Ford (115-113)? Manny outlanded Bradley 253-159 in total punches and had a 190-108 edge in power shots landed. Manny outlanded Bradley in 10 of 12 rounds.

Taking a deeper look at the stats and the judges scorecards, Pacquiao had a 22-8 edge in total punches landed in round 5 and Ross and Ford gave that round to Bradley. Pacquaio had a 27-11 edge in total punches landed in round 7 and ALL 3 judges gave that round to Bradley.

An interesting CompuBox stat that may have helped to alter the cards of Ford and Ross (and even Roth’s). Of Manny’s 253 landed punches, 122 (48%) occurred in the final minute of each round. This should not have had an effect on the judges scoring since the entire round is scored, however, perhaps Manny created the perception that he was losing rounds by starting slow. Of his 253 landed punches, only 42 (17%) occurred in the first minute of each round.

:manny:

That's a clear robbery

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Jabs Landed: Pacquiao 63....Bradley 51

Power Punches Landed: Pacquiao 190.....Bradley 108

Total Punches landed: Pacquiao 253.....159

:manny:

That's a clear robbery

But, but but Bradley was on roller skates out boxing Manny and making him look stupid breh. You not judging the ring generalship of Timmy. I think you might have to watch this fight on mute and look at it in slow motion. I'm sure you'll have Bradley winning once you do. :russ:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
But, but but Bradley was on roller skates out boxing Manny and making him look stupid breh. You not judging the ring generalship of Timmy. I think you might have to watch this fight on mute and look at it in slow motion. I'm sure you'll have Bradley winning once you do. :russ:

*sees Bradley only landed 19% of his punches in the fight compared to Manny landing 34% of his total punches*:lupe:

I never had Bradley winning the fight period, and I JUST looked at the compubox numbers today for the 1st time. I have no dog in this fight, but facts are facts:yeshrug: