Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Winky Wright's fight with Tito Trinidad was brought up as an example of winning a fight with your jab. Yes, Winky Wright DOMINATED with his jab landing 185 of them. However, he still landed more power punches than Tito as well. Winky landed 77 power punches.....Tito landed ONLY 58 punches total over 12 rounds. Not jabs. Not power punches. He landed only 58 total punches period.

Winky landed 77 power punches alone:manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Winky Wright's fight with Tito Trinidad was brought up as an example of winning a fight with your jab. Yes, Winky Wright DOMINATED with his jab landing 185 of them. However, he still landed more power punches than Tito as well. Winky landed 77 power punches.....Tito landed ONLY 58 punches total over 12 rounds. Not jabs. Not power punches. He landed only 58 total punches period.

Winky landed 77 power punches alone:manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
But what if the power punches are grazing shots at best? And the jab's are nose breaking jabs? Do you consider a Floyd check hook more of a power punch than his jab to the sternum? Etc. Etc.

How many of those jabs were "nose breaking" jabs :beli:

Herrera landed more "grazing shots" with his power punches than Danny did imo

Floyd's check hook is a power shot breh, anything that isn't a jab is considered a power punch. Although there are some fighters that use their jabs as power punches (Andre Ward :smugbiden:) Most of the jabs Herrera was landing weren't power jabs.

I scored the fight for Danny by one round I believe. For what it's worth I scored Broner/Paulie pretty much the same, so it's not like I have some sort of bias towards Danny.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
How many of those jabs were "nose breaking" jabs :beli:

Herrera landed more "grazing shots" with his power punches than Danny did imo

Floyd's check hook is a power shot breh, anything that isn't a jab is considered a power punch. Although there are some fighters that use their jabs as power punches (Andre Ward :smugbiden:) Most of the jabs Herrera was landing weren't power jabs.

I scored the fight for Danny by one round I believe. For what it's worth I scored Broner/Paulie pretty much the same, so it's not like I have some sort of bias towards Danny.
I'm not throwing shade on DSG or propping up Herrera--it's the judges and the TV crews that need to be repeatedly shytted on. Por ejemplo if we get Mikey Garcia or DSG knocking someone down with a jab(Zab and JuanMa) that punch is left effective than a partially blocked cross hook or uppercut? Or in the clinch when one fighter is digging body shots--those are 'power punches' but often not counted. I'm aware about anything that isn't a jab is a power punch but ask any Floyd opponent if those jabs to the abdomen and sternum don't feel like power punches. Just as over the weeked DSG's midsection was bright red from the end of round one.
For the record Swift was supposed to win and he did I scored the fight for herrera 8-4 but it is what it is, styles make fights judges be judging on some bullshyt more than half the time

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Close decision in a packed house stay busy fight > getting dropped N concussed , lucky to be alive lucky to get the W in front of 500 people at the Home Depot center stay busy fight :mjlol:
:rudy: you better than that breh. I ain't throwing shade on DSG, just the boxing system. Top 3 p4p and undefeated though :blessed:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I'm not throwing shade on DSG or propping up Herrera--it's the judges and the TV crews that need to be repeatedly shytted on. Por ejemplo if we get Mikey Garcia or DSG knocking someone down with a jab(Zab and JuanMa) that punch is left effective than a partially blocked cross hook or uppercut? Or in the clinch when one fighter is digging body shots--those are 'power punches' but often not counted. I'm aware about anything that isn't a jab is a power punch but ask any Floyd opponent if those jabs to the abdomen and sternum don't feel like power punches. Just as over the weeked DSG's midsection was bright red from the end of round one.
For the record Swift was supposed to win and he did I scored the fight for herrera 8-4 but it is what it is, styles make fights judges be judging on some bullshyt more than half the time

I'm with you on some of those judges cards being ridiculous, I thought it was a close fight that could have went either way depending on what you prefer to score on. :yeshrug: Based on that I can't get jiggy with that "robbery" stuff.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm with you on some of those judges cards being ridiculous, I thought it was a close fight that could have went either way depending on what you prefer to score on. :yeshrug: Based on that I can't get jiggy with that "robbery" stuff.
Judge's score's are what they are. Remember 2 judges had swift up by 4 rounds after the 8th--again I ain't throwin shade it's just interesting.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Junior middleweight titleholder Carlos Molina remains in the Clark County Detention Center in Nevada with an extradition hearing scheduled for April 8, according to the detention center’s online records and the Associated Press.

Wisconsin online court records note that Molina allegedly failed to register as a sex offender, a felony that dates back to July 2006, with the warrant filed in January 2007. A misdemeanor disorderly conduct accusation dates back to May 2005, with the warrant issued in September 2005.

In 2002, Molina pleaded no contest to a charge of second-degree sexual assault of a child. When Molina was 18, he had sex with a 13-year-old girl, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

More from that Review-Journal article:

“The girl told police she was at her home with a friend when her friend invited her boyfriend, a man identified in the [police] report as Jaime, to the victim’s home. Molina, who didn’t know either of the girls, accompanied Jaime, the report said. Molina later began kissing the victim, who told police she initially wanted nothing to do with Molina. But the victim’s friend ‘wanted her to go along with kissing Carlos so that Carlos would not leave,’ the report said. The victim and Molina later had sex.”

Molina lost his status as a permanent resident and was deported in 2006, the article said. He returned to the United States illegally. Every single one of his boxing matches since then has taken place in America.

@patscorpio yo mans out chea having offensive sex with unwilling prepubescent teens
fSfoUbD.png

Wasn't you dying to put your money in dis mans pocket
fSfoUbD.png

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I gotta leave for work but I gotta question that I can't find the answer to.......

Is Banner Promotions a part of Top Rank? Is there any reason why they seem to be HBO exclusive?