Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt breh, it's no shameat all in being in a close contested match vs awkward fighters it happens......Swift pulled off and closed that distance late, letting them hands go like he aint want to lose, he gets respect for that........

Mayweather was touched up, bloodied and tested like a Muthafukker vs the awkward Augustus in his younger days, these things happen

Lol @ mentioning Mayweather/Augustus to illustate your point when that fight wasn't even close.

Mayweather won every single round & beat the shyt out of Augustus so bad they had to jump in & stop it in the 9th.

Now Roger & Mayweather til this day will tell you Augustus was the toughest fight of his career. It was really their approach that made it perhaps tougher than expected. Mayweather just dismissed Mayweather Sr from his camp. Roger encouraged him to be more offensive against a guy with a poor record. I'm not gonna give a history lesson here, but just no, your not gonna compare this fight to a fight in which Mayweather dominated & stopped his opponent, in a fight in which he chose to fight more offensively.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
byrd made 175 but he had too many years and fights at heavy..his body at that point was a true heavyweight..he should have gone down to cruiser instead...he looked like an absolute crackhead and fought like one...he basically had his career ended that night against shaun george

well, I knew it was a mistake stylistically because by going down even at CW he gives up the advantage he had at HW which was speed. I am saying it was easier for Byrd to make that weight because he had a good diet and regimen and he never wouldve moved up to HW anyway if he wasnt gonna make the millions he did. Micheal Moorer, Michael Spinks, etc..did the same thing.

most fighters can make weight...they just dont live a life conducive to making the weights easy. Hagler, B-Hop, etc...those guys were spartans.

but....when I saw Byrd in those trunks? and those legs? :mjlol:

:dead:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Lol @ mentioning Mayweather/Augustus to illustate your point when that fight wasn't even close.

Mayweather won every single round & beat the shyt out of Augustus so bad they had to jump in & stop it in the 9th.

Now Roger & Mayweather til this day will tell you Augustus was the toughest fight of his career. It was really their approach that made it perhaps tougher than expected. Mayweather just dismissed Mayweather Sr from his camp. Roger encouraged him to be more offensive against a guy with a poor record. I'm not gonna give a history lesson here, but just no, your not gonna compare this fight to a fight in which Mayweather dominated & stopped his opponent, in a fight in which he chose to fight more offensively.
Breh, your paragraph doesnt change the fact that stil was Floyd toughest match vs a awkward fighter, Danny is no Floyd but, counterpunchers are susceptible to awkward non textbook fighters, arkward fighters are simply head-scratchers when your offense is predicated on timing, and pin point countering.....

It happens, fortunately Swift survived his test he'll go up levels from this rather then down

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
well, I knew it was a mistake stylistically because by going down even at CW he gives up the advantage he had at HW which was speed. I am saying it was easier for Byrd to make that weight because he had a good diet and regimen and he never wouldve moved up to HW anyway if he wasnt gonna make the millions he did. Micheal Moorer, Michael Spinks, etc..did the same thing.

most fighters can make weight...they just dont live a life conducive to making the weights easy. Hagler, B-Hop, etc...those guys were spartans.

but....when I saw Byrd in those trunks? and those legs? :mjlol:

:dead:

i remember USS had nikkas in the studio on FNF cracking up when he mentioned that chris looked like he was smoking rocks. I have no idea why chris thought he can go down to 175 after battling the likes of both klitschkos, ike, tua, holyfield, etc etc..was he trying to go after roy or tarver or something?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Floyd didnt need a belt...he was champion emeritus. he was still the top WW fighter in the world because he was lineal champ who was undefeated.
its simple how we got here....Swift beat Khan...doesnt matter about his glass jaw....he was still the champ and top 3 JWW at the time. Khan did beat Maidana.

when you say legit you are really putting too much emphasis on the Broner win. if you say Khan was glass jaw then I can say MM beat a LW. but I wont stoop to that level. :rudy:
before the AB-MM fight....Swift was a top candidate. had Broner won, he'd be in the same position. you are penalizing him and everyone else who wasnt lucky enough to catch Broner that night and expose him for not being a WW...which muthafukkas shouldve known prior to that. :snoop:

I dont have a problem with MM getting a shot. I have a problem with saying he is the most credible opponent out there....or more credible than Danny.
Josesito was fresh from 140, 2 fights removed. because he upset Ortiz he got a shot at the 154 lb title. I am happy for him and glad he got that payday....but he leapfrogged a bunch of fighters in 2 weight classes all because he beat a guy who was barely ranked in the top 10 at WW. that all I am sayin.

It's the truth. Khan has a glass jaw, but Maidana beat a LW in only his 2nd ever fight at 147........and weighed in at only 144 for that fight

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Paulie better cut that shyt out before Swift be posted up with Jessica like

v6k.gif

All that shyt you talk and you are on some :to: thats my sidepiece type shyt:banderas:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, your paragraph doesnt change the fact that stil was Floyd toughest match vs a awkward fighter, Danny is no Floyd but, counterpunchers are susceptible to awkward non textbook fighters, arkward fighters are simply head-scratchers when your offense is predicated on timing, and pin point countering.....

It happens, fortunately Swift survived his test he'll go up levels from this rather then down

I understand, but you just used a poor example man & I'm pointing it out.

Your talking about a Mayweather tuneup fight in which he was encouraged by Roger to be more offensive. He just fired Mayweather Sr, who was in his corner for his previous fight with Vargas. Sr would never allow Mayweather to fight like that. All Augustus did was give Mayweather a bloody nose. Aside from that, it was a fun, entertaining blow out. It wasn't even close.

There are better comparisons to use, but you brought up a Mayweather fight. There's more to boxing than Mayweather & there's better comparisons for the point your trying to illustrate.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You just used a poor example man & I'm pointing it out.

Your talking about a Mayweather tuneup fight in which he was encouraged by Roger to be more offensive. He just fired Mayweather Sr, who was in his corner for his previous fight with Vargas. Sr would never allow Mayweather to fight like that. All Augustus did was give Mayweather a bloody nose. Aside from that, it was a fun, entertaining blow out. It wasn't even close.
Augustus is a tough fighter who was shafted a million times, that fight didnt have shyt to do with Roger or Sr, as Roger trained him exclusively as a pro, and young Floyd was a head hunter to the fullest

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Paulie better cut that shyt out before Swift be posted up with Jessica like

v6k.gif

All that shyt you talk and you are on some :to: thats my sidepiece type shyt:banderas:

Paulie hates on certain fighters for what reasons....I dont know.

It may be he's jealous he's never reached the levels these younger fighters have reached in his career (as far as paydays and fame). I dont know:manny:

I told yall that Paulie was just a hater when he said that everyone Broner had beaten was a laundromat worker, but he forgot he had lost to Broner as well:snoop: You can call Broner a bum all you want, but that bum beat you........so what does that make you?:heh:

He was in rare form that night and tried to get back to it on Saturday about Swift. Good thing is Swift didnt lose on the cards, or Malignaggi probably would have went full hater on him:dead:

"Too bad the judges are missing a good fight"

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Paulie hates on certain fighters for what reasons....I dont know.

It may be he's jealous he's never reached the levels these younger fighters have reached in his career (as far as paydays and fame). I dont know:manny:

I told yall that Paulie was just a hater when he said that everyone Broner had beaten was a laundromat worker, but he forgot he had lost to Broner as well:snoop: You can call Broner a bum all you want, but that bum beat you........so what does that make you?:heh:

He was in rare form that night and tried to get back to it on Saturday about Swift. Good thing is Swift didnt lose on the cards, or Malignaggi probably would have went full hater on him:dead:

"Too bad the judges are missing a good fight"
They setting up Paulie Swift, that fight was rumored before this Herrara match...........

Lets Hope Paulie can do away with that 160 pound sparring partner holding a WW belt

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He never got the fame, praise, or the respect though.

lord knows he tried...i couldn't stand paulie back in the day...that guido shyt he was on...i hated it...when cotto beat him down and broke all types of bones in his face i watched with a :smugfavre: look on my face...but when he toned it down i became more indifferent to him and tolerated him..esp when he went to senchenko's backyard and actually stopped him for the welterweight title...had to respect that