Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
ok, I aint even gonna waste my time with your illogical ass today. without Googling real quick, Mosley. but JMM leapfrogged every top 10 fighter at 140 and 147. I dont have a problem with it, but for you to say he was deserving but Danny isnt.....

like I said....got no more time to waste on that logic. :camby:
:ohhh: thats my bad I thought you were referring to when JMM fought Pac the 3rd time.. BUT you were referring to when after Floyd deserted boxing for two years he returned titleless picking on a 135 pounder as a tuneup fight...umm yea

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm jus glad y'all got off that robbery/rout shyt N see it was a close fight whoever you had winning

@Skip b Angel thinks Swift made the weight easy...I thought he could keep making the weight for the rest of the year...but you right it was time to move up

As far as picking Herrera i still think they picked him cuz of his lack of ko power N thought Swift would be better off fighting something other then a come forward fighter..

Angel was not fukking happy at all which I really like...hopefully they learn from the experience N better them flaws in the gym:smugbiden:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[/URL]
[/URL]

The random shot at HBO:ohlawd::russ::dead:

:manny:

and I was just saying Showtime needs to be commended. this is what boxing SHOULD be about. Showtime has been doing this for YEARS. HBO rarely puts on competitive fights...only lopsided shyts most of the time. matter of fact, had Dawson not opened his mouth about 168 he wouldve had plausible deniability on HBO but once he got caught on tape tape they was like :ufdup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm jus glad y'all got off that robbery/rout shyt N see it was a close fight whoever you had winning

@Skip b Angel thinks Swift made the weight easy...I thought he could keep making the weight for the rest of the year...but you right it was time to move up

As far as picking Herrera i still think they picked him cuz of his lack of ko power N thought Swift would be better off fighting something other then a come forward fighter..

Angel was not fukking happy at all which I really like...hopefully they learn from the experience N better them flaws in the gym:smugbiden:

hopefully Herrera gets some more good paydays and he can thank Team Swift for an optional shot at the linear title. you just dont see that happen much. I mean I know why they picked him but I dont think they thought this was an easy fight coming in. not to take a shot at AB, but had he used this same approach...there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve beaten MM or at least made it a very close fight.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
[/URL]
[/URL]

The random shot at HBO:ohlawd::russ::dead:

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

:manny:

Who watches a fight and scores it while thinking about it as champion vs challenger? The champion doesn't get any advantage on the scorecards just because he's the champ. I've never watched a fight and scored it with that in mind? Who does that? And Herrera could've won the belt with just the jab if the fight was anywhere but Puerto Rico or Philly.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: thats my bad I thought you were referring to when JMM fought Pac the 3rd time.. BUT you were referring to when after Floyd deserted boxing for two years he returned titleless picking on a 135 pounder as a tuneup fight...umm yea

I aint gonna argue with you there. I criticized Floyd for that but you still dont agree that Swift is at least just as deserving as JMM? if you dont then we aint speaking the same language obviously. :manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@ChocolateGiddyUp where was Dannys ring generalship,where were those 212 power punches he landed? Your boy got a gift,it is what it is but if you Danny winning break down the rounds he won and why.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who watches a fight and scores it while thinking about it as champion vs challenger? The champion doesn't get any advantage on the scorecards just because he's the champ. I've never watched a fight and scored it with that in mind? Who does that? And Herrera could've won the belt with just the jab if the fight was anywhere but Puerto Rico or Philly.

right. thats some ole bullshyt somebody made up back in the day and they pull that out their asses anytime a fight is close. you win fights on a round to round basis. simple as that. even if we apply the logic that the champion deserves the benefit of the doubt in close rounds...(which I can agree with) you can NOT apply that logic to robberies. you cant just bend somebody over and say take this because you were the challenger. if thats the case, tell DLH to give Sweet Pea his belt back. tell Taylor to do the same to B-Hop.

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing new here, but I really like Danny at 140, don't like him nearly as much at 147.

and I think that is a path they should widely consider. very rarely do I believe a fighter just cant make weight. again, not to pick on AB but he cant make 135 because of his lifestyle. if it was me, I would likely be the same way. eatin good, fukkin bad broads, etc....the life of a boxer is hard.

its about discipline. extreme discipline. Mickey Ward says the reason fighters cant make weight is because they dont want to put the work in. He made 140 for damn near 20 years. I aint just pullin Mickey out my ass. B-Hop did it. even came down to 156 for Oscar. B-Hop wouldve never moved up had it not been for opportunity. He was already damn near 40 when he did move up.

that being said....if a Floyd fight presents itself, take it. if you lose...stay at 140 where you are still champ.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Angel is simply being a father, even Floyd Sr with the greatest boxer in the last 35-50 years is not oblivious to this, it's what pappy's do, he's thinking why go to WW and face the big boys and possibly lose, when he can stay at 140 and milk shyt for the same money, but time and time again Swift has stated he needs to move up, not just once, multiple times, he had to reschedule for Judah cause of weight issues and a alleged injury. At 140 his performances will look worse and worse, and being that he is surrounded by dead bodies there, there is nobody that will motivate him to train his hardest and put in that work...............

Was Morales, Khan, and Judah all not boxers, Herrera was chose to spoil his home coming and nothing more, all the talk beforehand that it was a Mexican vs PR and those 2 always war,and being that was PR soaking up all that love eating up all that good food, Garcia may have been tricked slightly he was facing a come forward fighter who would lay down for him.............................This fight still was a waste of a fight, and what did I say that's when fighters take these they almost always fukk around and lose; partaking in these pointless matches

Yall nikkas stilil doubting skip the profit huh:mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Angel is simply being a father, even Floyd Sr with the greatest boxer in the last 35-50 years is not oblivious to this, it's what pappy's do, he's thinking why go to WW and face the big boys and possibly lose, when he can stay at 140 and milk shyt for the same money, but time and time again Swift has stated he needs to move up, not just once, multiple times, he had to reschedule for Judah cause of weight issues and a alleged injury. At 140 his performances will look worse and worse, and being that he is surrounded by dead bodies there, there is nobody that will motivate him to train his hardest and put in that work...............

Was Morales, Khan, and Judah all not boxers, Herrera was chose to spoil his home coming and nothing more, all the talk beforehand that it was a Mexican vs PR and those 2 always war,and being that was PR soaking up all that love eating up all that good food, Garcia may have been tricked slightly he was facing a come forward fighter who would lay down for him.............................This fight still was a waste of a fight, and what did I say that's when fighters take these they almost always fukk around and lose; partaking in these pointless matches

Yall nikkas stilil doubting skip the profit huh:mjpls:

:mjpls:

But all bs aside, you were right about that fight 100%:salute:

Who would you match him with at 147 as a debut fight?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I aint gonna argue with you there. I criticized Floyd for that but you still dont agree that Swift is at least just as deserving as JMM? if you dont then we aint speaking the same language obviously. :manny:

Like I said.. The circumstances were different back then.. Floyd didn't have a title when Marquez fought him.. and I do agree that Danny is just as deserving if not more than JMM at the time.. I really dont know how we got to this point in the back and forth but my only disagreement was you saying Danny is more deserving over Maidana right now cause its like you're boosting his win over LM and glass jaw while trying to slight Maidana win over AB who was a legit non paper 147 champ... In my opinion Danny has to fight at leat 1 legit fight at 147 to earn a fight at the top against p4p #1 WW champ Floyd.. not yet

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:mjpls:

But all bs aside, you were right about that fight 100%:salute:

Who would you match him with at 147 as a debut fight?
Keith Thurman, a fellow Rican with no Defense, and a questionable chin to boot, close second would be a Malinaggi to show that this fight and style was a fluke...........I prefer Thurman as a I aint went no where fight..............Whatever Swift decides he needs to stay far away from Guerrero with Swift frindly clinch game, now if team GB picks that fight, i'd be 100% sure they want him to fail....

To those that deny Swift was drained

March 3rd Looking about 160-165 ish, looking strong, ready and healthy

March 12, four days befreo the fight, looking weak frail, beaten and drained