Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
easy question.

Floyd
Bradley
JMM
Manny
Devon

I didnt say GBP, I said he wasnt a top 5 WW. even still you had Floyd, Devon, Thurman, Brook, and Guerrero. You have to give it to the guys that have been fighting at WW. Not to the guy who beat a guy for a title who was OUTSIDE the top 5. You cant find a post of me saying AB was a top 5 WW. I viewed him as a lightweight who won a WW title.

Paulie was ranked #4 at WW by RING Magazine when AB fought him.

He WAS a 135lber who won a 147 title in his first bout. I viewed him the same way. And then he weighed in at only 144 against Maidana:dead:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
right now crawford is a player at 135 now that he has a belt with potential of being elite.. he needs to start knocking off some cats...vazquez is the man at 135 to beat right now and its a fight that can easily be made...they need to make that happen....IM TIRED OF MIGUEL VAZQUEZ!!!!! :damn:..and i don't think he needs to be champion anymore :birdman:..i don't think he's better than mikey yet..he needs scalps and time

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so hard for me to put this guy in any top 5 of anything.
I dunno. Crawford seems like the truth, but I can't say he's better than Mikey Garcia yet, even though head to head I think he poses problems or could win.

I need to see Crawford beat a few more good names first. Burns was a start, but it's not like he looked spectacular in that fight either and Beltran softened dude up for him anyways.

The way everybody's shytting on D. Garcia for winning a close fight, already tells me Crawford will be shytted on as well if he struggles in the near future and he don't even have half the scalps that Danny had. Dude is getting propped up and we haven't even seen him in adversity yet.

I agree with you...but what makes Mikey better than him? neither of them have fought any killers yet. Mikey just got his start at the top fighters sooner. his best win is Salido, who I have a lot of respect for, but he is no killer. the rest of them dudes Mikey beat are circumstantial fighters.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I agree with you...but what makes Mikey better than him? neither of them have fought any killers yet. Mikey just got his start at the top fighters sooner. his best win is Salido, who I have a lot of respect for, but he is no killer. the rest of them dudes Mikey beat are circumstantial fighters.

Tell JuanMa that Salido ain't a killer breh. :russ:

Garcia has beaten better names and looked better doing it. That's why I feel he's the better fighter right now. This could change in the future though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie was ranked #4 at WW by RING Magazine when AB fought him.

He WAS a 135lber who won a 147 title in his first bout. I viewed him the same way. And then he weighed in at only 144 against Maidana:dead:

:pacspit: @ The Ring

they are likely the only rankings Paulie was top 5 in. even after Manny got starched he still was considered a better WW than Paulie because he got KOed by a guy who is elite and many thought had beat him at least twice previously. Paulie just did walk away with his belt against Cano....who is NOT a top 10 WW.

now you could say Paulie was the 5th best WW by a month based on the fact that Floyd had just beat Guerrero but I still say Devon shouldve been 5th on that list.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
sorry breh...but keep them Mexicans away from slick black fighters with speed.
w6i7HUn.png

advisors and promoters will tell you this.
Dog I'm white I have no ethnic cheering rules for these two. Don't hit me with the oh he can't fight a slick style--b/c when has Mikey ever faced one?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
nikka....I just told you shots are earned now due to your marketability and quality of wins. it matters a damn that he aint fought at 147...but u the nikka runnin round here talkin bout Khan got fukked out of the Mayweather deal. hypocritical ass nikka :camby:
Khan was done dirty and made to seem like he just made everything up, regardless if he earned a shot, which I've already said several times that he didn't earn that over Maidana..

Yall can talk all that shyt you want about AB, but he was a legit champ at 147 who beat another legit champ at 147..Paulie... Maidana whooped AB ass, and it was one sided, unlike Garcia/Lucas which was even up until Lucas eye closed..

so jmm beating Casa and Juan Diaz at 135 allowed him to leapfrog over everyone else at 147? :what: u dont understand how shyt works or you just think off emotion.
You know damn well JMM/Pac a rivalry and who the fukk else did Pac have to fight at Top Rank at 147?? Who did JMM leap over?? Can you name them without looking it up on google?? The shyt is not comparable to GB situation over there where its already plenty of nsmes and noteble guys currently at 147, but you seem to thing Danny deserves to leap frog over them nikkas:pachaha:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell JuanMa that Salido ain't a killer breh. :russ:

Garcia has beaten better names and looked better doing it. That's why I feel he's the better fighter right now. This could change in the future though.

breh....JuanMa aint shyt. a superior hype job. if you didnt hear so much about JuanMa coming into the pros then you wouldnt think so much of the Salido win. plus Mikey killed a guy who had already been killed. Mikey may be better but I of course I cant say that. :lolbron: I only ask what gives him such and advantage when both are early in their careers? Again, I just dont think its a fight that will happen...so we have to base judgement on how they fare in other fights...even though I would love for them to fight...RIGHT NOW!

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dog I'm white I have no ethnic cheering rules for these two. Don't hit me with the oh he can't fight a slick style--b/c when has Mikey ever faced one?

my point exactly.

this is not a racial thing but race plays a huge part in this business. IF SRL wouldve had all these Mexicans like Canelo and Castillo and such he'd ktfo their ass.
Floyd said live that he fought JMM before Shane because JMM has a country behind him and Shane was not a PPV attraction. Is Floyd racist against other blacks? :rudy:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
my point exactly.

this is not a racial thing but race plays a huge part in this business. IF SRL wouldve had all these Mexicans like Canelo and Castillo and such he'd ktfo their ass.
Floyd said live that he fought JMM before Shane because JMM has a country behind him and Shane was not a PPV attraction. Is Floyd racist against other blacks? :rudy:
:mindblown: wtf does this have to do with Mikey and T Craw? T Craw has less win's less KO's lowerKO% only thing to go on would be the eye test and that's completely subjective.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know damn well JMM/Pac a rivalry and who the fukk else did Pac have to fight at Top Rank at 147?? Who did JMM leap over?? Can you name them without looking it up on google?? The shyt is not comparable to GB situation over there where its already plenty of nsmes and noteble guys currently at 147, but you seem to thing Danny deserves to leap frog over them nikkas:pachaha:

ok, I aint even gonna waste my time with your illogical ass today. without Googling real quick, Mosley. but JMM leapfrogged every top 10 fighter at 140 and 147. I dont have a problem with it, but for you to say he was deserving but Danny isnt.....

like I said....got no more time to waste on that logic. :camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: wtf does this have to do with Mikey and T Craw? T Craw has less win's less KO's lowerKO% only thing to go on would be the eye test and that's completely subjective.

it is subjective. it has something to do with it because you said you have no ethnic cheering rules when I am telling you for a fact that matchmakers do not want to match guys like that. not top level guys. this is why I give JMM credit...he has fought some and done well. but JMM isnt your typical Mexican. granted, neither is Mikey. but comparing records dont mean shyt to me unless its substantial. people made such a huge deal out of Canelo's record but he checked out against Floyd. Mexicans are great great fighters...but historically they always have issues with athletic black fighters with boxing skill and instinctive defensive ability.

I am not saying this is JMM vs Gainer. I am saying when the levels are close together, historically its a problem. dont take my word for it. what I am saying is, Mikey is not levels above Crawford. they are the same level, just that one fighter got his breaks earlier. I can be proven wrong if Mikey fights and beats Gamboa or Crawford.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I dunno. Crawford seems like the truth, but I can't say he's better than Mikey Garcia yet, even though head to head I think he poses problems or could win.

I need to see Crawford beat a few more good names first. Burns was a start, but it's not like he looked spectacular in that fight either and Beltran softened dude up for him anyways.

The way everybody's shytting on D. Garcia for winning a close fight, already tells me Crawford will be shytted on as well if he struggles in the near future and he don't even have half the scalps that Danny had. Dude is getting propped up and we haven't even seen him in adversity yet.

Danny is a whole nother beast breh..he's got Mexican haters cuz of what he did to Morales, all the people who wanted Matthysse to ko him, all the Khan fans, Zab fans, People who hate Angel, people who hate PR...Boxing fans fukking hate being wrong N they'll wait in the bushes N pop out whenever there's a chance to redeem they self

Muhfukkers in here didn't give danny a damn rd til the 8th then they act surprised when the official scores dnt line up with theirs:russ:

Crawford is quiet his hate will be low key unless he goes on a mexico fighter killing spree:shaq:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How yall are reacting now is exactly why fighters dont risk fighting people like Herrera anymore. The exact reason why Keith Thurman is avoided. High risk-low reward fighters.

People are so quick to write you off after a bad night in the office.....word to Paul Williams vs Carlos Quintana 1.

Matter of fact, people are playing the waiting game on every Deontay Wilder fight right now....hoping he'd lose, so they can say "See. I told you he wasnt that good".

We killing the sport brehs. We're the reason why fighters duck other tougher fighters, because a loss or looking shaky turns the general public off on the fighter.

If 80s boxers dealt with this, we would have NEVER seen SRL vs Duran vs Heans vs Hagler:yeshrug:

first....lets get it straight. fighters dont duck other fighters. its the promoters and matchmakers that do the ducking for them. even the networks. they reject good fighters all the time in exchange for some bum with a lot of ko's against guys in their hometown convention centers and shyt. or some guy with a big name who is past their prime.

but I agree with everything you said. Swift should be commended for taking on Herrera. this is something you rarely see today....that's why I have become a fan of Swift because his team aint out whoring for a Mayweather fight. he is just putting on his hard hat and going to work every day. thats the type of fighter I like to watch. one that wants to be the best, not one who wants a check but not willing to risk anything for it. give Showtime some credit too. I knew this fight wasnt gonna be easy.

lost mad respect for Khan when he didnt want to risk a payday by fighting Devon.

lastly, SRL paved the way for Floyd and Oscar and such by facing those guys. Oscar did the same thing, I always have to give him credit for that. He fought some fukkin killers...and held his own when he didnt have to.

u nikkas had your eulogies written before Swift fought LM (the next Manny Pacquiao) but after he beat him, somehow he doesnt deserve to be in the ring with Floyd? :snoop: