Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You're welcome Pat :shaq:

2d6tg6p.jpg

15i7wv4.jpg

shyt :wow:..have to replace the avi of my awesome physique with some struggle

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sergio I also consider elite too

I dont. I did, but I dont now. Well lemme put it like this....he has been injured and inactive....lemme see how he looks against Cotto...which still doesnt mean much to me unless he dominates him because Cotto really a WW at best. Sergio is likely past his prime...he still is elite status by virtue of attrition, like most of these dudes. so I wont knock you for saying he is elite, but the MW division is a joke.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75728#ixzz2wENQ6VFA

Angel Garcia on Herrera: You Have To Beat The Champ
Posted by: Bill Emes on 3/17/2014 .
By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Angel Garcia, father/trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, says Mauricio Herrera did not do enough to win the titles on Saturday night in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Herrera put forth a very good effort and fell on the cards with a majority decision. One judge had scored it a 114-114 draw, the exact score that several experts tallied at ringside.

Angel complains that Herrera fought dirty and the referee allowed it to continue. He wasn't impressed with Danny's victory, but fully believes his son pulled in enough rounds to get the decision.

"It was a good fight. Herrera came to fight, but you have to beat the champion. You have to knock the champion down. You can't just have a good fight, you have to beat the champion. Anybody could have a good fight. But you have to beat the champ. He didn't win, we won. It wasn't 100% of Danny and Danny could do better that. He won and that was his worst day, imagine that. If he was on his A-game... I'm not satisfied with the win, but he won," Angel said.

"Basically Herrera was coming in with his head. He was fighting like a bull. He was headbuting the sh*t out of Danny. [Herrera] kept complaining about rabbit punches, but he was using his head. He never hurt the champ. The champ did what he had to do and won."

Give reasons why champions should get the benefit of the doubt for close fights when nobody thought this showcase fight was supposed to be close in the first place brehs. :snoop:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
because Danny is a better fighter with a better resume. those guys you named are all gatekeepers. none the quality of LM or Khan. only Broner, which I couldve told you several other fighters that wouldve beaten him that night. that was a status win. Broner wasnt a top 5 WW in terms of ability nor was Paulie who he lifted the belt from. When you fight the top 2 or 3 guys in your division and walk away undefeated, then you can truly say something. check my posts, I said even before AB fought Paulie that he should NOT stay there for his next fight.

I am not going to be on here crowning nobody or saying anyone is worthy unless I see them face the other champions/top 5 fighters in their divisions. So I dont give a shyt about GGG, Wilder, Mikey, or none of these clowns unless they are interested in cleaning out their divisions starting from the top of the lists.

But the thing is, Danny hasn't fought a top ANYTHING at WW(147) which is a fairly stacked division.. You talking about gatekeepers. You said the guys I named that Maidana fought were gate keepers..Last I checked, a gatekeeper was that nikka you go through to get to the top nikka...

So now Amir Khan is a gatekeeper for Floyd :usure:

Matthyssee is a gate keeper for Floyd :usure:

:usure:

A nikka who has yet to fight at 147 has earned a fight with Floyd over all them other nikkas at 147? GTFOH :camby: NO WAY

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
"Exposed" gets used to much in boxing and I feel it takes away from what Herrera did. Exposed is whats going to happen to Wilder when he steps up in comp, what happened to Danny wasn't him getting exposed imo.

Herrera saw some of the stuff Zab was successful with and added 300 clinches.
I so agree with the way too liberal use of the term "exposed". There was nothing to expose with Danny Garcia because it's not like he built his whole career on tomato cans and then got them beats the first time he stepped up and faced real competition like what happened with fighters like Jeff Lacy and Broner or what is going to happen to Deontay Wilder.
Garcia just fought a guy with an awkward style that he couldn't figure out.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Sergio is elite for his division, but I wouldn't consider him an elite boxer.

Too many holes in his style for me to give him that elite distinction.

he's elite for his division but MW is a bunch of bums like Macklin, Murray, and Rubio, slightly above average fighters like Sturm, hype jobs like Quillin and GGG, and one trick ponies like Stevenson. just terrible.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
its the level of competition. Him and Danny are going to have the same problems. They step up they either look like shyt or get their ass handed to them. They really arent that great as they think they are. they are b class- Class fighters. which is ok but they arent elite or anywhere near it.
:what:
Danny's worst performance was against a guy who would never be ranked on anybody's top 10 lists except for most awkward fighting style while he has beaten every other "step-up in comp" fighter he has faced.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the thing is, Danny hasn't fought a top ANYTHING at WW(147) which is a fairly stacked division.. You talking about gatekeepers. You said the guys I named that Maidana fought were gate keepers..Last I checked, a gatekeeper was that nikka you go through to get to the top nikka...

So now Amir Khan is a gatekeeper for Floyd :usure:

Matthyssee is a gate keeper for Floyd :usure:

:usure:

A nikka who has yet to fight at 147 has earned a fight with Floyd over all them other nikkas at 147? GTFOH :camby: NO WAY

nikka....I just told you shots are earned now due to your marketability and quality of wins. it matters a damn that he aint fought at 147...but u the nikka runnin round here talkin bout Khan got fukked out of the Mayweather deal. hypocritical ass nikka :camby:

so jmm beating Casa and Juan Diaz at 135 allowed him to leapfrog over everyone else at 147? :what: u dont understand how shyt works or you just think off emotion. even though GGG aint shyt in my book, he is still the most deserving challenger for Ward at 168 simply because he is viewed as the King of his division and Ward done beat Froch, Abraham, Kessler, and Bika.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This is pretty much it. While he staves off the decline of his physical attributes with his insane workouts, his technical skill allows him to still be much better than everyone else. Not to mention, he really doesn't have that much mileage from his fights on his body so while we know him to be 37, how old is his body really? Yes, sparring and such adds to that but he's never been in near a fight where someone says that he 'left something' in the ring. He's coasting to that September 2015 date with the zero intact
his body is old..floyd gets injured breh...for a boxer his body has mileage on it..he maintains better than most but believe his body is old..the workouts help maintain his conditioning but they take it out of you just like taking punches does

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Mikey, or none of these clowns unless they are interested in cleaning out their divisions starting from the top of the lists.
Don't throw shade at Mikey b/c he's better than your boy T-Craw. That was slick how you popped Crawford in with Swift and Rigo though :mjlol:

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@synistr
In your opinion who were the top 5 WW at Golden Boy ahead of AB after he beat Paulie? Since you say AB wasn't top 5

easy question.

Floyd
Bradley
JMM
Manny
Devon

I didnt say GBP, I said he wasnt a top 5 WW. even still you had Floyd, Devon, Thurman, Brook, and Guerrero. You have to give it to the guys that have been fighting at WW. Not to the guy who beat a guy for a title who was OUTSIDE the top 5. You cant find a post of me saying AB was a top 5 WW. I viewed him as a lightweight who won a WW title.