Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
wait....so all the Floyd vs Danny talk should cease because Danny is not a competitive fight for Floyd? Who the hell ever thought he was in the first place? :what:
Canelo wasnt competitive :comeon:
neither was Guerrero, Mosley, and Maidana wont be either.
its not about being competitive at this moment, its about credible and noteworthy opponents for Floyd. Danny is just that. He earned his shot just as much as anyone. Actually more when you consider Maidana was lucky enough to get to Broner. Guerrero fought a competitive fight with Berto. and Canelo struggled with Trout. The wins over Khan and Matthysse were better....not to mention the Zab fight was a decent win and Morales although past it.....was impressive KO....Danny did what he was supposed to do.

I'd like to know who else is deserving at this time. Better yet....who (within reason) would be competitive with Floyd?
Danny hasn't earned a shot with Floyd yet... maybe if it was a situation like with Pac/Bradley over at TR where Bradley was really Pac's only option because of the cold war.. How can you justify Danny getting a shot over Maidana? Are you high?. Maidana just beat Soto Karass..Martinez...Josisito..and AB... Danny was in danger at some point in his last 4 fights.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Rances Barthelemy and now Robert Guerrero signing with Al Haymon............ the most powerful man in boxing indeed :ehh:

If he starts signing Top Rank fighters he should get the Nobel Peace Prize :mjpls:

@mr. smoke weed #BradleyBunch is perfect since he married a chick with kids and then had 1-2 with her :heh:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mauricio-herrera-open-facing-lucas-matthysse-next--75715
By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Following his close points to loss to WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, junior welterweight contender Mauricio Herrera said he was open to idea of facing another tough top contender in his very next fight - and specifically named Lucas Matthysse (34-3, 32KOs).

Matthysse has a tentative return date of April 26th, which makes a Herrera fight a tough match to make with the short time span. But a summer showdown could be possible.

Herrera (20-4, 7KOs) recently signed a contract with Golden Boy Promotions, making the Matthysse fight a realistic possibility. Although he doesn't have a big a knockout ration, Herrera loves to brawl. Herrera's chin is made of iron and tested against the best of his division, including Ruslan Provodnikov, Mike Alvarado and Garcia.

Matthysse, like Herrera, lost a twelve round decision in his last fight to Garcia.
:ohhh: I like the sound of this, in the summer, have a final eliminator with Matthysse-Herrera for a rematch with Danny if he's still around, if not, then just for the vacant title

In the mean time, they need to go ahead and announce Matthysse's next victim already, 4/26 is right around the corner

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, father time is undeafeted so its just a matter of time. i wouldnt be surprised if floyd gets ruffed in the Miadana fight.

I am gonna tell you like this. I cant remember a fighter as intelligent as Floyd with a top notch team to boot. I really dont think father time will get him. If it does, it will have to be before that contract is up because I think he retires after that....never to return. Floyd has all the allies to beat father time or at least hold him off. That is training, conditioning, focus, clean living, discipline, and the right opponents.

real talk....Floyd is in the vein of Ray Leonard. he wont be challenged ever again unless he faces someone who has the athletic attributes combined with boxing skill. SRL had Hearns, Benitez, Duran, etc.... the closest thing that Floyd ever had to a fighter with those attributes was Zab...who was a good but not great boxer with extremely limited focus.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the problem is what we in the know have been saying for years now. there is a shortage of true elite fighters. the skill level just isnt there like it was years ago. likewise with the NBA. but as with all sports and entertainment there is a constant need to promote the next stars to perpetuate the business.

dont get overexcited about P4P lists. to me, the only TRUE elite fighters right now are Floyd and Andre. I dont consider Bradley a true elite. When I say elite, I am saying fighters with HOF potential. Bradley can get there though. The Klits are elite HW's. Elite fighters should not struggle with fighters who not championship or contender caliber.

we have some very good fighters out there like Swift, my boy Crawford, Rigo (who I think will be an elite HOF fighter possibly), but the truth is, its too early to say that any of them are elite just because they are perceived as the best in their divisions. Manny and JMM are no longer elite other than their marketability. Canelo and Froch are certainly not elite fighters. You gotta do more than beat up on Angulo and Josesito and you shouldnt be struggling with Groves either.

careers today span over large periods of time with much fewer fights on resumes. its all about cashing out as early as you can even if it means jumping weight.

Sergio I also consider elite too

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
How yall are reacting now is exactly why fighters dont risk fighting people like Herrera anymore. The exact reason why Keith Thurman is avoided.

People are so quick to write you off after a bad night in the office.....word to Paul Williams vs Carlos Quintana 1

That's the thing though. You can't afford to slip up if you're supposed to be truly elite at your division. Herrera is world class, but it's not like he was some undefeated young gun with blazing speed or power.

Danny was supposed to beat dude clearly. Not be in some sorta life or death close fight that could have gone either way or be a draw.

He's still that dude, it's just that I ain't trying to hear all this future HOF he would have beaten prime Tszyu, Hatton, Pryor, etc.. talk for a while.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Rances Barthelemy and now Robert Guerrero signing with Al Haymon............ the most powerful man in boxing indeed :ehh:

If he starts signing Top Rank fighters he should get the Nobel Peace Prize :mjpls:

@mr. smoke weed #BradleyBunch is perfect since he married a chick with kids and then had 1-2 with her :heh:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mauricio-herrera-open-facing-lucas-matthysse-next--75715

:ohhh: I like the sound of this, in the summer, have a final eliminator with Matthysse-Herrera for a rematch with Danny if he's still around, if not, then just for the vacant title

In the mean time, they need to go ahead and announce Matthysse's next victim already, 4/26 is right around the corner

Danny doesn't want Lucas again, I pray for that rematch.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I am gonna tell you like this. I cant remember a fighter as intelligent as Floyd with a top notch team to boot. I really dont think father time will get him. If it does, it will have to be before that contract is up because I think he retires after that....never to return. Floyd has all the allies to beat father time or at least hold him off. That is training, conditioning, focus, clean living, discipline, and the right opponents.

real talk....Floyd is in the vein of Ray Leonard. he wont be challenged ever again unless he faces someone who has the athletic attributes combined with boxing skill. SRL had Hearns, Benitez, Duran, etc.... the closest thing that Floyd ever had to a fighter with those attributes was Zab...who was a good but not great boxer with extremely limited focus.

This is pretty much it. While he staves off the decline of his physical attributes with his insane workouts, his technical skill allows him to still be much better than everyone else. Not to mention, he really doesn't have that much mileage from his fights on his body so while we know him to be 37, how old is his body really? Yes, sparring and such adds to that but he's never been in near a fight where someone says that he 'left something' in the ring. He's coasting to that September 2015 date with the zero intact

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Danny hasn't earned a shot with Floyd yet... maybe if it was a situation like with Pac/Bradley over at TR where Bradley was really Pac's only option because of the cold war.. How can you justify Danny getting a shot over Maidana? Are you high?. Maidana just beat Soto Karass..Martinez...Josisito..and AB... Danny was in danger at some point in his last 4 fights.

because Danny is a better fighter with a better resume. those guys you named are all gatekeepers. none the quality of LM or Khan. only Broner, which I couldve told you several other fighters that wouldve beaten him that night. that was a status win. Broner wasnt a top 5 WW in terms of ability nor was Paulie who he lifted the belt from. When you fight the top 2 or 3 guys in your division and walk away undefeated, then you can truly say something. check my posts, I said even before AB fought Paulie that he should NOT stay there for his next fight.

I am not going to be on here crowning nobody or saying anyone is worthy unless I see them face the other champions/top 5 fighters in their divisions. So I dont give a shyt about GGG, Wilder, Mikey, or none of these clowns unless they are interested in cleaning out their divisions starting from the top of the lists.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75728#ixzz2wENQ6VFA

Angel Garcia on Herrera: You Have To Beat The Champ
Posted by: Bill Emes on 3/17/2014 .
By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Angel Garcia, father/trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, says Mauricio Herrera did not do enough to win the titles on Saturday night in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Herrera put forth a very good effort and fell on the cards with a majority decision. One judge had scored it a 114-114 draw, the exact score that several experts tallied at ringside.

Angel complains that Herrera fought dirty and the referee allowed it to continue. He wasn't impressed with Danny's victory, but fully believes his son pulled in enough rounds to get the decision.

"It was a good fight. Herrera came to fight, but you have to beat the champion. You have to knock the champion down. You can't just have a good fight, you have to beat the champion. Anybody could have a good fight. But you have to beat the champ. He didn't win, we won. It wasn't 100% of Danny and Danny could do better that. He won and that was his worst day, imagine that. If he was on his A-game... I'm not satisfied with the win, but he won," Angel said.

"Basically Herrera was coming in with his head. He was fighting like a bull. He was headbuting the sh*t out of Danny. [Herrera] kept complaining about rabbit punches, but he was using his head. He never hurt the champ. The champ did what he had to do and won."

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
all i know is i lost an avi bet because of that fight and @yawn is going to hit me with a swiftset one to replace my own for a week :beli:

You're welcome Pat :shaq:

2d6tg6p.jpg

15i7wv4.jpg