Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I can respect this opinion...:salute:
No doubt breh, it's no shameat all in being in a close contested match vs awkward fighters it happens......Swift pulled off and closed that distance late, letting them hands go like he aint want to lose, he gets respect for that........

Mayweather was touched up, bloodied and tested like a Muthafukker vs the awkward Augustus in his younger days, these things happen

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I know I'm not the biggest fan of Garcia, but come on now yall:comeon:

If I would've said last week that Danny Garcia couldnt beat Jesus Soto-Karass and a fight with Josesito Lopez or Cano would be a toss up, yall would've laughed at me:ufdup:

Now all of a sudden, that's what we're going with in The Ring? Yall dont think it's a little bit reactionary?:usure:

Sure, Garcia should have an L. Yes, he struggled mightily in that fight. However, it's just one fight. He can rebound back and clean up his technique in order to improve.

Again, Floyd struggled with the awkardness of Emmanuel Augustus (before KOing him in the 9th), did anyone write him off as he would be food for the elite at 135?

I think we're being too hard on young boxers when they lose or struggle. No one is going to go undefeated like Floyd and I think people are holding boxers to "Floyd Standards", when Floyd is an anomaly:manny:

Give em room to grow and improve. You're not gonna dominate every night. Like I said yesterday, if Mike Tyson fought today, he would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Buster Douglas.

Lennox Lewis would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Oliver McCall and then Hashim Rahman.

Wldamir Klitschko would've been threw in the bushes after he lost and was "exposed" by Ross Purity, Corrie Sanders, and Lamont Brewer
Thats the thing, you have to win these types of fights convincingly otherwise you are not going to be considered elite. These types of match ups make fighters. Just like Emanuel Agustas was to floyd. Tuff rugged fighters/styles either make you or break you. Im on the DSG bandwagon but as a boxing fan I cant ignore the holes in dudes game. really that simple...

I loved Berto too,but when he faced Callazo I knew it was only going to get tuffer for him. Bam bam to with Abril .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't see why cats keep saying Garcia/Herrera was an ugly fight. It had a nice ebb an flow too it. Yeah it got rough at times, but that shyt was far from being an ugly fight.

Ugly fights are...

Ruiz/Kirk Johnson
Porter/Alexander
Wladimir/Povetkin.
Abril/Bogere
Froch/Dirrell

No way in hell does Garcia/Herrera belong with those fights. You had way too many clean punches/exchanges for that fight to be classified as ugly

word

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait....so all the Floyd vs Danny talk should cease because Danny is not a competitive fight for Floyd? Who the hell ever thought he was in the first place? :what:
Canelo wasnt competitive :comeon:
neither was Guerrero, Mosley, and Maidana wont be either.
its not about being competitive at this moment, its about credible and noteworthy opponents for Floyd. Danny is just that. He earned his shot just as much as anyone. Actually more when you consider Maidana was lucky enough to get to Broner. Guerrero fought a competitive fight with Berto. and Canelo struggled with Trout. The wins over Khan and Matthysse were better....not to mention the Zab fight was a decent win and Morales although past it.....was impressive KO....Danny did what he was supposed to do.

I'd like to know who else is deserving at this time. Better yet....who (within reason) would be competitive with Floyd?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
im not and never was talking about karass. :dahell:

im talking about how you said danny would struggle when he steps up in competition. when hes already faced the top guy at 140.

you are talking about stepping up in weight not competition.
Comp at 140 is different then 147. Dudes are bigger and stronger. They are walking around at 160-165. A fighter like Herrera at 147 will put danny on his ass.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
wait....so all the Floyd vs Danny talk should cease because Danny is not a competitive fight for Floyd? Who the hell ever thought he was in the first place? :what:
its not about being competitive at this moment, its about credible and noteworthy opponents for Floyd. Danny is just that. He earned his shot just as much as anyone. Actually more when you consider Maidana was lucky enough to get to Broner. Guerrero fought a competitive fight with Berto. and Canelo struggled with Trout. The wins over Khan and Matthysse were better....not to mention the Zab fight was a decent win and Morales although past it.....was impressive KO....Danny did what he was supposed to do.

I'd like to know who else is deserving at this time. Better yet....who (within reason) would be competitive with Floyd?
I agree, father time is undeafeted so its just a matter of time. i wouldnt be surprised if floyd gets ruffed in the Miadana fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Exactly.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
How yall are reacting now is exactly why fighters dont risk fighting people like Herrera anymore. The exact reason why Keith Thurman is avoided. High risk-low reward fighters.

People are so quick to write you off after a bad night in the office.....word to Paul Williams vs Carlos Quintana 1.

Matter of fact, people are playing the waiting game on every Deontay Wilder fight right now....hoping he'd lose, so they can say "See. I told you he wasnt that good".

We killing the sport brehs. We're the reason why fighters duck other tougher fighters, because a loss or looking shaky turns the general public off on the fighter.

If 80s boxers dealt with this, we would have NEVER seen SRL vs Duran vs Heans vs Hagler:yeshrug:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
thats what Im saying. his pops can talk all he wants but he better mae that floyd fight as soon as possible.

Yep, its obvious that the Herrera experiment backfired a lil bit. You have to look good in order to sell yourself as a Floyd opponent and although Garcia won, he didn't impress anybody by doing so.

If Garcia KO's a Josesito Lopez or Aydin during the summer he'll be straight and get his momentum back. Then he can campaign for a Floyd fight in the fall. No point in risking it all against an Alexander, Thurman, Karass, or Collazo type fights.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats the thing, you have to win these types of fights convincingly otherwise you are not going to be considered elite. These types of match ups make fighters. Just like Emanuel Agustas was to floyd. Tuff rugged fighters/styles either make you or break you. Im on the DSG bandwagon but as a boxing fan I cant ignore the holes in dudes game. really that simple...

I loved Berto too,but when he faced Callazo I knew it was only going to get tuffer for him. Bam bam to with Abril .

the problem is what we in the know have been saying for years now. there is a shortage of true elite fighters. the skill level just isnt there like it was years ago. likewise with the NBA. but as with all sports and entertainment there is a constant need to promote the next stars to perpetuate the business.

dont get overexcited about P4P lists. to me, the only TRUE elite fighters right now are Floyd and Andre. I dont consider Bradley a true elite. When I say elite, I am saying fighters with HOF potential. Bradley can get there though. The Klits are elite HW's. Elite fighters should not struggle with fighters who not championship or contender caliber.

we have some very good fighters out there like Swift, my boy Crawford, Rigo (who I think will be an elite HOF fighter possibly), but the truth is, its too early to say that any of them are elite just because they are perceived as the best in their divisions. Manny and JMM are no longer elite other than their marketability. Canelo and Froch are certainly not elite fighters. You gotta do more than beat up on Angulo and Josesito and you shouldnt be struggling with Groves either.

careers today span over large periods of time with much fewer fights on resumes. its all about cashing out as early as you can even if it means jumping weight.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
At least we found someone for AB
tumblr_mviiesy7Tx1s0rsujo1_400.gif