Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Karass ain't nothing special, but he might be a lil too big and powerful for a 1st fight at 147lb so my bad on that one. But....

Garcia should be favored to beat Lopez and Cano. If he can't beat those two, he's definitely not ready for any elites at welter.
Karass isnt special but he will whoop danny ass if danny doent come correct. But he has to beat them to be called a B level ww.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Karass and Mythsse fight NOTHING a like. Nothing.....

Exactly and Karass is a big dude. Ain't he like 5'9 or 5'10 and I believe has been at 154lbs as well. He's the type of dude you have to really beat down on some systematic type shyt unless you got the power to blitz him out early. It took mad shots from Maidana and Thurman to get him out of there and I doubt Danny punches as hard as they do at 147.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Karass and Mythsse fight NOTHING a like. Nothing.....

you said danny will struggle when he steps up in competition. he already fought the so called best at 140 and beat him.

i didnt say anything about matthyse fighting like karass :dahell:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
unify what? He cant fight anybody at TR. and That bullshyt ass belt Peterson had belong to Miadana.

That's what I thought too, but I cant blame him for wanting to have all the titles he can get at 140 before moving up:manny:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
That's what I thought too, but I cant blame him for wanting to have all the titles he can get at 140 before moving up:manny:
Dude been at that weight since the Ams. time to move up. fukk those belts. the matter when they matter.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Firstly, yeah Swift had a tough match but a few rolled jabs per round doesn't win you the fight when Swift is letting his hands go throwing bombs, nearly doubling his power shots per round......I scored it 7 5 swift, Swift said all the right things post match, so I expect him to never look like this again. He understands everybody is gunning for him.....This is that learning experience everything aint gonna be easy match

@ChocolateGiddyUp didn't it Try to tell you...............This was a set up match with a Mexican spoiler who has never been dropped..........

This was a no point match for team Garcia, it was a set up match from the very start, he could had fought anyone in PR including a Rican in Thurman. Garcia has had weight issues since the judah fight where he had to cancel and reschedule because he was out of shape. I clearly told @ChocolateGiddyUp that Swift simply culdnt make 140 anymore, he walks aorund at 180, and I screamed that GB was doing him a disservice by forcing him to stay at 140 to keep a Broner and more importantly Khan golden..........Whoever made this match needs to get shot, how can a young fighter get up for lowly Herrera after facing Eric Morales twice, Khan, Judah, and Matthysse

Garcia needs to improve

Def-Has excellent High guard, but the last three fights he has become accustomed to catching and rolling, well Swift doesn't have the jab to pull that style off, so he is susceptible from eating jabs walking in....

Clinch game-He's too friendly in the clinch, with his power he should be tapping people all over their body with little shots here and there, but nothing, I noticed this friendly-ness in the Matthysse fight, a massive puncher and dirty fighter who he let get off some of those viscous clinch shots

Left hand- His left hand is too wild, he could land that left hook far easy if he set that hook up with the jab and feint with it instead of winging wide hooks.....He needs a better jab in his arsenal though.........

But I'm not sure if I'm being harsh, from the very moment he walked out I seen his face looking sunken in and knew he struggled making weight, like I predicted....A few weeks back a picture floated with Swift and Floyd Mayweather the current JMW champ with Swift looking 25-30 pounds bigger, I feel the performance can be attributed to that, where was swift laser right hand, where was the body work........

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I know I'm not the biggest fan of Garcia, but come on now yall:comeon:

If I would've said last week that Danny Garcia couldnt beat Jesus Soto-Karass and a fight with Josesito Lopez or Cano would be a toss up, yall would've laughed at me:ufdup:

Now all of a sudden, that's what we're going with in The Ring? Yall dont think it's a little bit reactionary?:usure:

Sure, Garcia should have an L. Yes, he struggled mightily in that fight. However, it's just one fight. He can rebound back and clean up his technique in order to improve.

Again, Floyd struggled with the awkardness of Emmanuel Augustus (before KOing him in the 9th), did anyone write him off as he would be food for the elite at 135?

I think we're being too hard on young boxers when they lose or struggle. No one is going to go undefeated like Floyd and I think people are holding boxers to "Floyd Standards", when Floyd is an anomaly:manny:

Give em room to grow and improve. You're not gonna dominate every night. Like I said yesterday, if Mike Tyson fought today, he would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Buster Douglas.

Lennox Lewis would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Oliver McCall and then Hashim Rahman.

Wldamir Klitschko would've been threw in the bushes after he lost and was "exposed" by Ross Purity, Corrie Sanders, and Lamont Brewer

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
you said danny will struggle when he steps up in competition. he already fought the so called best at 140 and beat him.

i didnt say anything about matthyse fighting like karass :dahell:
My nikka have you seen karass fight. You have to be on your game. And unlike Mythsse dude has a jab. And he is tall as hell at WW....:heh: my nikka you tripping
Exactly and Karass is a big dude. Ain't he like 5'9 or 5'10 and I believe has been at 154lbs as well. He's the type of dude you have to really beat down on some systematic type shyt unless you got the power to blitz him out early. It took mad shots from Maidana and Thurman to get him out of there and I doubt Danny punches as hard as they do at 147.
this is what I am saying big homie. dude is tuff fight for ANYBODY...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Its true tho :yeshrug:

All bullshyt N Stanning aside you could see this a mile away...jab,smother,hold N hit repeat...that style gets no love by the judges...same shyt as Canelo/Trout

Like I said it was a ugly fight...Swift is capable of much better...but this 9-3, Herrera won a rout shyt is so biased...they wanna count erry damn jab N ignore all of Swifts power work knowing damn well it don't work like that:russ:
This , they had a agenda from the start, I could tell Paulie bytch ass had the :shaq2: from the very beginning..................

Where was this train of thinking in the Broner Malinaggi fight, and this shyt wasn't half ass bad, 7-8 rolled jabs, wasn't shyt on some of them bombs Swift was landing

I had the fight 7-5 Swift

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Firstly, yeah Swift had a tough match but a few rolled jabs per round doesn't win you the fight when Swift is letting his hands go throwing bombs, nearly doubling his power shots per round......I scored it 7 5 swift, Swift said all the right things post match, so I expect him to never look like this again. He understands everybody is gunning for him.....This is that learning experience everything aint gonna be easy match

@ChocolateGiddyUp didn't it Try to tell you...............This was a set up match with a Mexican spoiler who has never been dropped..........

This was a no point match for team Garcia, it was a set up match from the very start, he could had fought anyone in PR including a Rican in Thurman. Garcia has had weight issues since the judah fight where he had to cancel and reschedule because he was out of shape. I clearly told @ChocolateGiddyUp that Swift simply culdnt make 140 anymore, he walks aorund at 180, and I screamed that GB was doing him a disservice by forcing him to stay at 140 to keep a Broner and more importantly Khan golden..........Whoever made this match needs to get shot, how can a young fighter get up for lowly Herrera after facing Eric Morales twice, Khan, Judah, and Matthysse

Garcia needs to improve

Def-Has excellent High guard, but the last three fights he has become accustomed to catching and rolling, well Swift doesn't have the jab to pull that style off, so he is susceptible from eating jabs walking in....

Clinch game-He's too friendly in the clinch, with his power he should be tapping people all over their body with little shots here and there, but nothing, I noticed this friendly-ness in the Matthysse fight, a massive puncher and dirty fighter who he let get off some of those viscous clinch shots

Left hand- His left hand is too wild, he could land that left hook far easy if he set that hook up with the jab and feint with it instead of winging wide hooks.....He needs a better jab in his arsenal though.........

But I'm not sure if I'm being harsh, from the very moment he walked out I seen his face looking sunken in and knew he struggled making weight, like I predicted....A few weeks back a picture floated with Swift and Floyd Mayweather the current JMW champ with Swift looking 25-30 pounds bigger, I feel the performance can be attributed to that, where was swift laser right hand, where was the body work........

I can respect this opinion...:salute:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
My nikka have you seen karass fight. You have to be on your game. And unlike Mythsse dude has a jab. And he is tall as hell at WW....:heh: my nikka you tripping

this is what I am saying big homie. dude is tuff fight for ANYBODY...

im not and never was talking about karass. :dahell:

im talking about how you said danny would struggle when he steps up in competition. when hes already faced the top guy at 140.

you are talking about stepping up in weight not competition.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I dont think Garcia would ever be competitive with Floyd. Not as a knock on Danny, but more of the fact that Floyd is almost the perfect boxer. He rarely if ever slips up in the ring and he does everything at a high level.

I think they may match Danny Garcia up with Andre Berto at 147. Somebody with a good name who's not much of a boxer and comes forward, so that Danny gets a chance to look good in his debut fight at 147

And the hype train continues. Cant wait for them to put him up against a legit threat at 147 (Maidana, Thurman, or Floyd) Im not sure why he stalling to move up knowing damn well Floyd only got a few fights left...I aint gonna call dude a bytch ass nikka cause I slick like him, in a slick kinda way, but I really dont think he wants to step in the ring with Floyd..

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I know I'm not the biggest fan of Garcia, but come on now yall:comeon:

If I would've said last week that Danny Garcia couldnt beat Jesus Soto-Karass and a fight with Josesito Lopez or Cano would be a toss up, yall would've laughed at me:ufdup:

Now all of a sudden, that's what we're going with in The Ring? Yall dont think it's a little bit reactionary?:usure:

Sure, Garcia should have an L. Yes, he struggled mightily in that fight. However, it's just one fight. He can rebound back and clean up his technique in order to improve.

Again, Floyd struggled with the awkardness of Emmanuel Augustus (before KOing him in the 9th), did anyone write him off as he would be food for the elite at 135?

I think we're being too hard on young boxers when they lose or struggle. No one is going to go undefeated like Floyd and I think people are holding boxers to "Floyd Standards", when Floyd is an anomaly:manny:

Give em room to grow and improve. You're not gonna dominate every night. Like I said yesterday, if Mike Tyson fought today, he would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Buster Douglas.

Lennox Lewis would've been threw in the bushes after he lost to Oliver McCall and then Hashim Rahman.

Wldamir Klitschko would've been threw in the bushes after he lost and was "exposed" by Ross Purity, Corrie Sanders, and Lamont Brewer

here's the thing though breh...if danny actually did run through herrera, most of you would have written off herrera as a bum or a soft touch instead of an actual contender at 140 which he is..thats what's getting me a little more worked up than usual over this

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't see why cats keep saying Garcia/Herrera was an ugly fight. It had a nice ebb an flow too it. Yeah it got rough at times, but that shyt was far from being an ugly fight.

Ugly fights are...

Ruiz/Kirk Johnson
Porter/Alexander
Wladimir/Povetkin.
Abril/Bogere
Froch/Dirrell

No way in hell does Garcia/Herrera belong with those fights. You had way too many clean punches/exchanges for that fight to be classified as ugly