Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dude needs to move up. he been at that weight for to long. Move up.fukk is they scared about. They should have had him fight at 147 this fight. should have got him a cupcake at 147 and then a solid fight.

Danny Garcia was saying that he wanted to unify the division which is why he was staying at 140

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
this is the main reason why herrera won the fight..ring generalship..not no damn total power punches esp since herrera landed more overall...off night, weight issues, etc etc..thats all bullshyt..he couldn't adjust plain and simple...struggle boxing 101...danny's boxing skills are not elite..i said i liked this garcia-herrera fight and it interests me because it would show what danny really had because of what herrera was..a rare combination of a counterpuncher and a volume puncher..i think im the only one who wasn't surprised by how this fight played out..i did post like 4 of herrera's fights on here lol....it would have surprised me if danny actually dropped herrera and/or stopped him...nevertheless this was a gift and its a lesson that i hope danny takes to heart....more importantly stops all the floyd-garcia talks because he's a long way from being competitive in that fight

I dont think Garcia would ever be competitive with Floyd. Not as a knock on Danny, but more of the fact that Floyd is almost the perfect boxer. He rarely if ever slips up in the ring and he does everything at a high level.

I think they may match Danny Garcia up with Andre Berto at 147. Somebody with a good name who's not much of a boxer and comes forward, so that Danny gets a chance to look good in his debut fight at 147

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I dont think Garcia would ever be competitive with Floyd. Not as a knock on Danny, but more of the fact that Floyd is almost the perfect boxer. He rarely if ever slips up in the ring and he does everything at a high level.

I think they may match Danny Garcia up with Andre Berto at 147. Somebody with a good name who's not much of a boxer and comes forward, so that Danny gets a chance to look good in his debut fight at 147

Berto is with Virgil now bro. Be careful of that moto :mjpls:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
this is the main reason why herrera won the fight..ring generalship..not no damn total power punches esp since herrera landed more overall...off night, weight issues, etc etc..thats all bullshyt..he couldn't adjust plain and simple...struggle boxing 101...danny's boxing skills are not elite..i said i liked this garcia-herrera fight and it interests me because it would show what danny really had because of what herrera was..a rare combination of a counterpuncher and a volume puncher..i think im the only one who wasn't surprised by how this fight played out..i did post like 4 of herrera's fights on here lol....it would have surprised me if danny actually dropped herrera and/or stopped him...nevertheless this was a gift and its a lesson that i hope danny takes to heart....more importantly stops all the floyd-garcia talks because he's a long way from being competitive in that fight

The way Herrera had him open with that jab to the body says all we need to know about the Floyd fight. That's Floyd's 2nd best punch imo, Danny will have Floyd looking like he was back at 135 the way Floyd would be landing combinations on him.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Only nikkas who just started watching boxing a few years ago would say Danny got exposed. He just ran into a style that was all wrong for him and he didn't seem to have any type of game plan for dude at all. Swift needed to jab more and shoot a quick low hook/uppercut whenever he retreated back since Herrera was coming in low at times.

The only fighter that I think could replicate Herrera's tactics into an actual victory over Danny would be Bradley. He has a lot of the same wrinkles in his style that Herrera has. I'm not saying Danny won't lose to anybody else. I'm just saying that if anybody else beats him after this it will be by using their own style since I believe Danny and his Pops will be better prepared for that style/approach in the future.

When Swift moves up to 147, I'd make the transition as smooth as possible. Yeah Berto is a name, but I feel he might be too athletic and powerful for Danny as a first fight at 147. You can't play that passive shyt with Berto cuz even with all his limitations, he's still strong and explosive. He might catch dude early with something big that he can't recover from. Better to have him face more predictable guys like Lopez, Karass, or Cano.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
remember this #bandcamp :damn:

imagine if broner had that hopkins discipline and stayed at lightweight. :ohlawd:

its the level of competition. Him and Danny are going to have the same problems. They step up they either look like shyt or get their ass handed to them. They really arent that great as they think they are. they are b class- Class fighters. which is ok but they arent elite or anywhere near it.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Only nikkas who just started watching boxing a few years ago would say Danny got exposed. He just ran into a style that was all wrong for him and he didn't seem to have any type of game plan for dude at all. Swift needed to jab more and shoot a quick low hook/uppercut whenever he retreated back since Herrera was coming in low at times.

The only fighter that I think could replicate Herrera's tactics into an actual victory over Danny would be Bradley. He has a lot of the same wrinkles in his style that Herrera has. I'm not saying Danny won't lose to anybody else. I'm just saying that if anybody else beats him after this it will be by using their own style since I believe Danny and his Pops will be better prepared for that style/approach in the future.

When Swift moves up to 147, I'd make the transition as smooth as possible. Yeah Berto is a name, but I feel he might be too athletic and powerful for Danny as a first fight at 147. You can't play that passive shyt with Berto cuz even with all his limitations, he's still strong and explosive. He might catch dude early with something big that he can't recover from. Better to have him face more predictable guys like Lopez, Karass, or Cano.
he better not face karass. He will get his ass whooped. Lopez and cano is a toss up.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
its the level of competition. Him and Danny are going to have the same problems. They step up they either look like shyt or get their ass handed to them. They really arent that great as they think they are. they are b class- Class fighters. which is ok but they arent elite or anywhere near it.

what about broner thinking he was a rapstar and blowing up to 160 going on tours and shyt :snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
he better not face karass. He will get his ass whooped. Lopez and cano is a toss up.

Karass ain't nothing special, but he might be a lil too big and powerful for a 1st fight at 147lb so my bad on that one. But....

Garcia should be favored to beat Lopez and Cano. If he can't beat those two, he's definitely not ready for any elites at welter.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
what about broner thinking he was a rapstar and blowing up to 160 going on tours and shyt :snoop:
She is adsorb homie. but a dude like broner you cant tell him shyt. If he not going to listen to his Idol he isnt going to listen to anybody.

yo moms

drunk
Daps

danny faced the boogeyman at 140 and beat him.