Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:smugbiden:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16417.html

Garcia is clearly the best 140-lb fighter in the world (and yes, I think he won a close decision). The fight was the classic conundrum. Which do you prefer, the more active fighter, or the one who did the most damage? We saw the same case when Adrien Broner beat Paulie Malignaggi. We also saw it when Canelo Alvarez defeated Austin Trout. Both Trout and Malignaggi controlled the action, and the pace, but were clearly taking the worst of the power shots. Garcia fought Herrera's fight, but Garcia landed the harder shots in the fight. Garcia landed some tremendous shots and that was the difference in the fight. Max Kellerman has stated this many times when scoring a round, "Which guy would I have rather been at the end of each round?" In the case of Saturday night's fight, I would have rather been Garcia.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I wouldn't say he was hurting Danny but Herrera was imposing his will imo, it's just that his will was a jab, jab, clinch, sometimes a right ala John Ruiz.

When I think of a fighter "imposing his will" to me that means he is doing what he wants to do to his opponent. Herrera was doing what he wanted, Danny was not. :yeshrug:

this is the main reason why herrera won the fight..ring generalship..not no damn total power punches esp since herrera landed more overall...off night, weight issues, etc etc..thats all bullshyt..he couldn't adjust plain and simple...struggle boxing 101...danny's boxing skills are not elite..i said i liked this garcia-herrera fight and it interests me because it would show what danny really had because of what herrera was..a rare combination of a counterpuncher and a volume puncher..i think im the only one who wasn't surprised by how this fight played out..i did post like 4 of herrera's fights on here lol....it would have surprised me if danny actually dropped herrera and/or stopped him...nevertheless this was a gift and its a lesson that i hope danny takes to heart....more importantly stops all the floyd-garcia talks because he's a long way from being competitive in that fight

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Dude needs to move up. he been at that weight for to long. Move up.fukk is they scared about. They should have had him fight at 147 this fight. should have got him a cupcake at 147 and then a solid fight.