Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Styles do make fights, but I think the weight had a lot to do with it. Herrera did enough to win, but couldn't overcome the "fighting in the Champs hometown". Plus he was throwing a lot of pitty pat shots and allowed Danny to work his way back into the fight by landing a lot of "Ohhhh" punches.
:camby: GIF up 10 "ooooh" punches that Swift landed breh. He didn't buckle Herrera or even sting him outside of a punch or two.Crowd went wild every time he threw the wild hooks or chopping rights that Herrera ducked or blocked. Also Herrera landed the best few shots of the fight--the combination that broke Swift's nose and the overhand right that stopped Danny in his tracks.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:camby: GIF up 10 "ooooh" punches that Swift landed breh. He didn't buckle Herrera or even sting him outside of a punch or two.Crowd went wild every time he threw the wild hooks or chopping rights that Herrera ducked or blocked. Also Herrera landed the best few shots of the fight--the combination that broke Swift's nose and the overhand right that stopped Danny in his tracks.

Yall really think Garcia got exposed?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yall really think Garcia got exposed?

"Exposed" gets used to much in boxing and I feel it takes away from what Herrera did. Exposed is whats going to happen to Wilder when he steps up in comp, what happened to Danny wasn't him getting exposed imo.

Herrera saw some of the stuff Zab was successful with and added 300 clinches.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/angel-garcia-fully-agree-with-danny-147--75713
By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Angel Garcia, father/trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, sees no reason for his son to make an immediate leap in weight to the welterweight division.

After Danny struggled to win a twelve round majority decision over Mauricio Herrera on Saturday night in Bayamon, the two-belt champion said it might be time to move up in weight.

"If he wants to go to 147, he can. It's up to him. I think he makes 140 well. Just because he didn't have a 100% night, doesn't mean he's a bad fighter [at junior welterweight]," Angel told BoxingScene.com.

Angel is confident his son did enough to win and couldn't understand the critic who blasted the verdict.

"We got the job done. It was one of those days. It's not like he got dropped and all that. There were a lot of head-butts going on. He was using his head a lot, he coming with his head in clinches and the ref should have caught all that, but I'm not blaming the ref," Angel said.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He was walking him down. I don't know about "rocking him" but he did land quite a few shots that snapped Danny's head back.

By design tho trying to counter...not cuz Herrera was hurting Danny N imposing his will on him...he got his nose busted in the 9th N turnt up immediately after N took some good shots in the 12th when Swift was coasting cuz of open scoring

nikkas talking like Herrera was stalking him on some Provodnikov Alvarado shyt

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
By design tho trying to counter...not cuz Herrera was hurting Danny N imposing his will on him...he got his nose busted in the 9th N turnt up immediately after N took some good shots in the 12th when Swift was coasting cuz of open scoring

nikkas talking like Herrera was stalking him on some Provodnikov Alvarado shyt

I wouldn't say he was hurting Danny but Herrera was imposing his will imo, it's just that his will was a jab, jab, clinch, sometimes a right ala John Ruiz.

When I think of a fighter "imposing his will" to me that means he is doing what he wants to do to his opponent. Herrera was doing what he wanted, Danny was not. :yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
PDL, Paulie, and Marcos Maidana combined to 619 out of 2399 total punches over 34 rounds against AB. That's only 25% of their punches landing by 3 different fighters over 3 fights with Broner.

fukking 71 punches thrown per round on average but landing only 18 shots a round average for 3 fighters......but Adrien Broner doesn't have defense?:dahell:

:wow:
You my breh breh but you becoming a caricature homie.AB hasn;t fough since December.