Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@ChocolateGiddyUp .....more and more I think about it, it HAD to be the weight is finally catching up to him. No way Karim Mayfield can beat him, but Garcia cant (even though he won on the cards). I think Garcia goes up to 147 in September, stronger because he doesn't have to cut down as far, and destroys someone in his first fight.

The fukk is Mike Anchondo? He beat Herrera too as well as Mike Alvarado. Danny Garcia is better than all of them.

Just an off night for the Champ and the weight playing a huge factor in the fight for him.

Yes, he can be out boxed, but he didn't seem like the same Danny that fought Matthysse. I expect him to come back next time and punish someone. He was probably a little drained.

this wasn't an off night..not to me...i told nikkas in the beginning that herrera was not a pushover and a problem when ppl were like "who's mauricio herrera? :huh:..what did he do to get a shot at the belts? :huh:"...garcia is average technically and herrera made it much more clearer..well at least there wont be any rumblings of him being on no P4P list cuz that was no P4P performance brehs...and for those who think i have an agenda against garcia..i cosigned and gave props when he beat lucas which he did clearly in a close fight

@Jello Biafra was more on point in saying that it was styles make fights..garcia maybe more talented that karim, alvarado, and anchondo but they had the styles to beat herrera...karim especially..his volume punching was a problem for herrera lol

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Exactly! Herrera looked better then expected, Garcia looked Worst then expected, add in the hate for Angel N the butthurt of Matthysse fans N you got Herrera 11-1 :pachaha:

Its time to move to 147...fight a josesito lopez type N see where you at after...them belts at 140 will be there for AB...id bet my first born we get AB vs Herrera for vacant WBC late summer/fall

I don't know why people hate Angel. He keeps it 100 always:manny:

Yeah, Danny gotta move up. Face a Lopez or even Soto-Karass to see how he feels at 147. Nothing worse than losing because the weight starts becoming an issue.

this wasn't an off night..not to me...i told nikkas in the beginning that herrera was not a pushover and a problem when ppl were like "who's mauricio herrera? :huh:..what did he do to get a shot at the belts? :huh:"...garcia is average technically and herrera made it much more clearer..well at least there wont be any rumblings of him being on no P4P list cuz that was no P4P performance brehs...and for those who think i have an agenda against garcia..i cosigned and gave props when he beat lucas which he did clearly in a close fight

@Jello Biafra was more on point in saying that it was styles make fights..garcia maybe more talented that karim, alvarado, and anchondo but they had the styles to beat herrera...karim especially..his volume punching was a problem for herrera lol

Styles do make fights, but I think the weight had a lot to do with it. Herrera did enough to win, but couldn't overcome the "fighting in the Champs hometown". Plus he was throwing a lot of pitty pat shots and allowed Danny to work his way back into the fight by landing a lot of "Ohhhh" punches. Herrera won his rounds clean and clearly, but the uncertain rounds the judges must've gave all to the Champ....which they are supposed to:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Styles do make fights, but I think the weight had a lot to do with it. Herrera did enough to win, but couldn't overcome the "fighting in the Champs hometown". Plus he was throwing a lot of pitty pat shots and allowed Danny to work his way back into the fight by landing a lot of "Ohhhh" punches. Herrera won his rounds clean and clearly, but the uncertain rounds the judges must've gave all to the Champ....which they are supposed to:manny:

pitty pat shots?...herrera busted the guys nose and had him fighting on his backfoot :laugh:..herrera was backing up the nikka easy..weight is an excuse..garcia simply showed a lack of ability to adjust..not the first fight this is happened

Daps
Danny needs to stay at 140. I don't think he's ready for 147.

His head going be crashing on the canvas at 147. Guys like Maidana would definitely knock that boy out. The power at 147 will be a problem for Garcia IMO.

I put breh in the class of Broner, and would love see a Garcia v. Broner at 140

I think that's a good matchup:ehh:

@Newzz @ChocolateGiddyUp what you think?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

His head going be crashing on the canvas at 147. Guys like Maidana would definitely knock that boy out. The power at 147 will be a problem for Garcia IMO.

Its time to move up to 147 before he gets even more drained an it effects his punch resistance

Maidana N other guys at 147 have a better style for danny to beat...he can take the power N counter em

I'd keep him far far away from a nikka like Devon, obviously Floyd, maybe Paulie

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
pitty pat shots?...herrera busted the guys nose and had him fighting on his backfoot :laugh:..herrera was backing up the nikka easy..weight is an excuse..garcia simply showed a lack of ability to adjust..not the first fight this is happened

Paulie said it himself, "every punch hurts". Yes by pitty pat I mean jabs. A 7 year old boy can punch you in the nose and make your nose bleed...the nose is very sensitive. Doesn't mean you're landing grown man power shots.

I don't think weight is an excuse, I think it really affected him. I was making fun of Swift walking around the same size as Canelo....but dropping all the way down to 139 to fight. That's a lot of weight to drop and eventually, it will catch up with you. I think Garcia was hinting around to that being more than a joke last night. Cutting that much weight is hard on the body.

No, Garcia didn't adjust and I agree that he can be outboxed. He's not fast enough in hand speed or foot speed to fight an elite boxer which is why I previously stated I would favor Malignaggi in a fight with him. Nor is he a stalking type of fighter who will walk you down. He is however very strong, a good counter puncher, and has a great chin/stamina plus rarely if ever gets outworked during a fight.

Amir Khan, Zab Judah, Matthysse, and Herrera have all shown that Garcia's weakness is just purely boxing. Real talk, I think Zahir Raheem would give Danny fits but only because of the style he presents

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
pitty pat shots?...herrera busted the% guys nose and had him fighting on his backfoot :laugh:..herrera was backing up the nikka easy..weight is an excuse..garcia simply showed a lack of ability to adjust..not the first fight this is happened

:russ: at Danny saying he makes adjustments in the post fight interview. Dude never adjusted. He just fought harder on some Devon Alexander type shyt and made some of the later rounds closer. I think he won 4 or 5 rounds at best. Still wouldn't call it a robbery though, especially when you compare it to how bad Burns got whupped by Beltran and they ruled that shyt a draw. Herrera was never that dominate, but he did out box dude and control the ring/fight at least 65% of the time.

One of my biggest complaints with Danny has always been that he kinda too laid back on the offense. If you're not pushing the tempo, he's content to lay back and try in counter. He only seems to let his hands go when you really pressure him. Took him damn near half the fight to start picking up the pace. I know the weight might play a part in that, but he fights that way all the time. Herrera was just tough enough to take it while sticking to his game plan.

Daps
Its time to move up to 147 before he gets even more drained an it effects his punch resistance

Maidana N other guys at 147 have a better style for danny to beat...he can take the power N counter em

I'd keep him far far away from a nikka like Devon, obviously Floyd, maybe Paulie

The power from Herrera moved Garcia last night, I don't see him taking that signature looping right from Maidana.

But anyway after last night I feel humbled in my opinion of Danny. He's nowhere near ready for a fight with Floyd or anybody else in the elite category. Shawn Porter IMO would hand that man his first loss.

Danny needs to work on his defense and timing cause at this level it's not going to get any easier. He seems a little on the passive side when it comes to his offense and lacks ring generalship.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

It would be a great matchup of differing styles.

Adrien Broner would win, but ONLY if he could take Danny's power.....which is a question mark because of Maidana. I see no way that Danny could outbox him, but I see AB standing right in front of him leaving himself open for counter shots which makes it easier for Garcia to land his left and end the fight.

Broner could slip tons of Garcia's wide, slow punches (like he does everyone he fights) but he would get caught with some clean left hooks because he doesn't move and tends to stand there and let you get your offense off.

I think Broner's hand speed would be too much for Garcia overall and if he doesn't get dropped, he wins on the cards. Garcia would have to become a volume puncher in order to beat Broner IMO or KO him.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
broner slipped most of the punches by paulie

Paulie threw 320 more punches than Broner and was still outlanded by 31 punches:heh:.

"He was shadow boxing" aka punching nothing but air:dead:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The power from Herrera moved Garcia last night, I don't see him taking that signature looping right from Maidana.

But anyway after last night I feel humbled in my opinion of Danny. He's nowhere near ready for a fight with Floyd or anybody else in the elite category. Shawn Porter IMO would hand that man his first loss.

Danny needs to work on his defense and timing cause at this level it's not going to get any easier. He seems a little on the passive side when it comes to his offense and lacks ring generalship.

Swifts chin is grade A Matthysse hits harder then Maidana N he ate those bombs no problem...his timing is very good but Herrera awkwardness, hand speed, high punch output N smother game plan fukked with dudes timing...

I agree Swift is too passive on offense he should have stalked N fought Herrera like he did Zab...it worked in the 10th N 11th rd

Porter dnt fight like Herrera so its hard to say what he'd do vs Swift...he could rough Swift up on the inside but could he handle the counters coming in??