Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I was going for Garcia,didn't think Herrera had a chance,I mean obviously they was gonna give swift someone he could beat,but he lost that fight,fukk all them supposed power punches he landed,not once did I see Herrera hurt from anything ,he came to fight and showed it,GBP owes him

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
We see what a 2 eyes fighter does with Garcia. Lucas with 2 eyes was doing the same thing. Garcia got beat, by a jab, all night. Most people have it wide for Herrera. You can give a million fights, but the judging criteria is set in stone. Herrera took Garcia to school. And thats the way pretty much everyone sees it. Now we know why Garcia stans don't want a Lucas rematch.

To be fair, I do think that Lucas would have won their fight had his eye not closed. I had him winning the fight up until that point.
Had the Garcia fight scored a draw...but I'll take the W since I picked Swift in the fight prediction thread. :mjpls:
Garcia's boxing skills have been suspect to me for awhile. Rewatching the Matthysse fight I could give 5 of the first 6 rounds to Matthysse and Danny pulled it out in the second half of the fight when Matthysse's eye closed up, but Danny could not outbox him.
Danny's punches are to slow to arrive and he is not great in close.
Danny is nothing but food for Floyd. I have no desire for this fight currently. Seriously it would be 12-0.

Agreed. Floyd would destroy Danny. Danny's too slow and throws looping punches. What if Danny could have been around when Floyd was at 140? :laff:

Daps
eh I got to rewatch the fights brehs... I for sure thought danny might get the clean UD with a couple of knockdowns(no KO herrera is tough dude). but then watching it I was like :ohhh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said Danny was one of the most beatable, vulnerable linear champs out there & Swiftset was all over me like "your crazy, this is one of best fighters of this generation" type shyt.

The guy is way too beatable to be even taking fights against a guy like Herrera. If your gonna lose, you might as well lose making some money.

Danny garcia will have an offer sheet on may 4th to fight Floyd after this. Floyd is going to snatch his zero. This is a farce.

Very insulting. Floyd only fights guys that come off a great performance. It's been that way the past 7 years. Zab is the last guy he fought that came off a shytty performance, & we all wanted to see it anyway.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I want Danny to move up to 147......... I'm gonna say he did look bad, but he's at a conquered weight class with no chances at advancing his legacy with the current stable of realistic available opponents.

147 against Kermit Cintron in PR anyone?

SuikodenII

Daps
Glazkov will prolly be ranked #2 by the IBF, with #1 mandatory still being held by Kubrat Pulev

Glazkov-Chagaev, Chisora, Jennings, Helenius or Thompson/Solis winner as a final eliminator sounds about right :ehh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want Danny to move up to 147......... I'm gonna say he did look bad, but he's at a conquered weight class with no chances at advancing his legacy with the current stable of realistic available opponents.

147 against Kermit Cintron in PR anyone?

I don't think so. His dad respects the sport & does what is beneficial for his fighter, as opposed to chasing paydays.

It's kind of like Andre Ward, they are gonna stay where they are most comfortable at.

SuikodenII

Daps
I don't think so. His dad respects the sport & does what is beneficial for his fighter, as opposed to chasing paydays.

It's kind of like Andre Ward, they are gonna stay where they are most comfortable at.
Danny said making weight was difficult and wants to move up in the post fight interview. He also attributes his sluggish performance to the weight. Part of that is BS, but I don't doubt that he's outgrown 140. Besides, there's literally nothing left for him at 140. If there was no Cold War, situation would be different.

Unifying with Peterson could keep him around, but other than that, who is he gonna sweat down for at 140?

Just move up and stop killing yourself :ld:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Danny said making weight was difficult and wants to move up in the post fight interview. He also attributes his sluggish performance to the weight. Part of that is BS, but I don't doubt that he's outgrown 140. Besides, there's literally nothing left for him at 140. If there was no Cold War, situation would be different.

Unifying with Peterson could keep him around, but other than that, who is he gonna sweat down for at 140?

Just move up and stop killing yourself :ld:

It's a possibility & we'll see

I never really listen to what a fighters says anyway, especially right after a fight. I tend to go by the actions of their team.

Most fighters need something to blame after a loss or a close fight with someone they felt they should have beaten decisively. That means blaming the weight, blaming the trainer, etc. Most fighters tend to believe they are better than they actually are. When they don't perform to certain expectations they have for themselves, "it's never their fault."

You even have fans that are in denial & go to the usual "they should change trainers" cliche.