Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Damn I was high and faded of shots of Jager last night and in here talking reckless:heh:

Brehs, if Im posting DURING a fight, take everything I say with a grain of salt because Im usually wasted and posting out of habit:manny:

Anyways, yes Danny lost that fight. Clearly in my opinion.

I see my breh @ChocolateGiddyUp comparing it to Broner vs Paulie but it was not the same. First off, Broner had no damage done to him while Garcia was busted up and looked worse than Herrera at the end of the fight.

Second, you're saying Garcia won because he outlanded Herrera 150-82 in power shots (connecting at a 37% rate compared to Herrera's 30%), but overall Herrera outlanded HIM 221 in total punches thrown (connecting on 32%) while Garcia landed 204 in total punches thrown (connecting on 30%).

Broner outlanded Paulie 214 to 94 in power punches (connecting on 51% compared to Paulie 25%) and outlanded Paulie overall 246 to 214 in total punches landed as well (connecting on 47% to Paulie 25%). In my opinion, Broner had much more success, and the numbers back it up, against Paulie than Garcia had against Herrera.

Lastly, the entire announcing team had the fight for Herrera, and the ringside media had it as a draw or for Herrera as well.

I would say this fight was more like AB vs PDL for comparison sakes.

I don't think Danny Garcia is that great of a fighter, and of course I question his resume as well, but I think he may have just had an off night plus fighting with all the pressure on his shoulders in PR may have been a little overwhelming for him plus always dropping so much weight in between fights is catching up to him. I expect him to dominate his next opponent, but it being at 147

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I was high and faded of shots of Jager last night and in here talking reckless:heh:

Brehs, if Im posting DURING a fight, take everything I say with a grain of salt because Im usually wasted and posting out of habit:manny:

Anyways, yes Danny lost that fight. Clearly in my opinion.

I see my breh @ChocolateGiddyUp comparing it to Broner vs Paulie but it was not the same. First off, Broner had no damage done to him while Garcia was busted up and looked worse than Herrera at the end of the fight.

Second, you're saying Garcia won because he outlanded Herrera 150-82 in power shots (connecting at a 37% rate compared to Herrera's 30%), but overall Herrera outlanded HIM 221 in total punches thrown (connecting on 32%) while Garcia landed 204 in total punches thrown (connecting on 30%).

Broner outlanded Paulie 214 to 94 in power punches (connecting on 51% compared to Paulie 25%) and outlanded Paulie overall

:mjpls:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
in the 12th rd, seems like RObert told Danny to coast and not get ko'd because they won't let him lose and Danny came out doing just that. How u been beat up all night and decided to chill for the 12th rd. He was looking not to get ko'd. Danny knows he lost the fight. He needs to move to 147 and fight some comp on there

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Danny is exactly who I thought he was. A slow, hard punching young fighter with a great chin and great stamina. He's average defensively and gets hit more than he should. ...but he can take your punch. He lets his hands go and throws combinations if he can get close to you and is a good counter punched as well. I dont see Danny Garcia being an elite fighter at 147 at all but he's not a bad fighter. A pure boxer will give him all sorts of trouble. We seen that with Amir Khan (Khan was connecting easily, but I know the thing on here is to downplay it because he was Kod), Zab Judah was doing very well against him the 2nd half of their fight by boxing him, Matthysse was outboxing him, and Herrera now as well. Malignaggi would beat Garcia like I said before. His style is all wrong for him.

A Floyd fight should be the last thing GBP wants

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Oh, I'm not blaming anything. Just my bluntness.

My brehs in here already know I how I feel and that I believe what I said. It just didnt come off as "graceful" as my usual posts and were devoid of any facts/stats/analysis at all. Just pure "trolling" statements imo, because there was no backup with what I said. I didnt even quote or tag anybody in my posts just random outbursts:dead:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner would lose to Herrera too.

Yeah the fukk right:camby:

This is what I'm talking about. I missed shyt like this last night. Aint NO boxer with no power gonna beat Broner. Broner would've walked this clown down. He has much more hand speed and better defense than Garcia. Hererra would've gotten his ass beat.

Hererra aint even fukking with Paulie Malignaggi and Malignaggi could only land 25% of his punches on Broner.....fukk would a Hererra do?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Danny would land left hooks all day on Andre Berto Adrian Broner. :camby:

No he wouldnt, besides, Broner would walk through his punches just like he did YOUR boy Paulie:umad:

Yall nikkas be on some other shyt:snoop:

If you cant hurt Broner, you're done. Hererra was able to land on Garcia do to his speed advantage. Broner is much faster than Hererra and would beat the hell out of that lil weak punching nikka:camby:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Herrera woulda beaten the dog crap outta Broner too breh. Broner is a part time boxer and a full time idiot breh :pachaha:

Swift looked rusty out there. Al Haymon paid that bill cuz he was giggling behind Danny like :pachaha:

:camby:

And why do you think somebody like Herrera can beat Broner?:what:

Danny and Broner dont fight the same way. Broner beat a much better boxer in Paulie Malignaggi. Broner has faster hands and will walk you down if you cant hurt him......explain to me your reasoning that Herrerra would beat Broner?:dahell:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I never said Broner was exposed I always said it was a close fight that could have gone either way. I feel the same way about this although I have to rewatch it.

Either way Danny gives Broner that Bolivia trip he just came back from :umad:

No it couldnt have went either way.

How the hell does Broner destroy Paulie on the punching stats on Compubox, welt his face up, have everyone on the announcing team have a scorecard with Broner winning, have everyone at the ringside media turn in scorecards with Broner winning, 2 of the 3 judges have that Broner won......and 1 judge think Paulie won. But you say the fight could've went either way?:camby:

Broner beat THE CHAMP in his hometown. How could everyone's scorecard be lying?:what:

Accept it and get over it...........Paulie lost:ufdup:

If anything, Broner showed HOW you beat a champ in his own backyard:umad:

200+ power punches landed on Paulies face at a 51% connection rate to Paulies 94 power punches at 25% connection:dead:

Outlanded Paulie period at a 47% connection rate on total punches while Paulie only landed 25% of his total punches:deadmanny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
For some reason, this shyt is funny:russ:

How did I miss this last night?:heh:

Its true tho :yeshrug:

All bullshyt N Stanning aside you could see this a mile away...jab,smother,hold N hit repeat...that style gets no love by the judges...same shyt as Canelo/Trout

Like I said it was a ugly fight...Swift is capable of much better...but this 9-3, Herrera won a rout shyt is so biased...they wanna count erry damn jab N ignore all of Swifts power work knowing damn well it don't work like that:russ:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@ChocolateGiddyUp .....more and more I think about it, it HAD to be the weight is finally catching up to him. No way Karim Mayfield can beat him, but Garcia cant (even though he won on the cards). I think Garcia goes up to 147 in September, stronger because he doesn't have to cut down as far, and destroys someone in his first fight.

The fukk is Mike Anchondo? He beat Herrera too as well as Mike Alvarado. Danny Garcia is better than all of them.

Just an off night for the Champ and the weight playing a huge factor in the fight for him.

Yes, he can be out boxed, but he didn't seem like the same Danny that fought Matthysse. I expect him to come back next time and punish someone. He was probably a little drained.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Its true tho :yeshrug:

All bullshyt N Stanning aside you could see this a mile away...jab,smother,hold N hit repeat...that style gets no love by the judges...same shyt as Canelo/Trout

Like I said it was a ugly fight...Swift is capable of much better...but this 9-3, Herrera won a rout shyt is so biased...they wanna count erry damn jab N ignore all of Swifts power work knowing damn well it don't work like that:russ:

Yeah, power punching does matter. Danny was cracking him, but dude has a great chin, so he didn't go down.

Stanning aside, it has to be the weight. Angel doesn't let Danny go easy in training, so the whole "he didn't respect him" that I read on other sites is bogus. Danny trains hard for everyone. Dropping from 170+ down to 139 has to be taxing on his body and he has to watch out for that though.

Outlanding someone 150-82 in power punches means while they were jabbing away, you were hitting them hooks/straights/uppercut/overhands:heh:

That's why even though I thought Swift lost, THAT would mean the fight was closer than I originally thought ( I had it 116-112 for Herrera, but I can now see a draw or at worst Danny 115-113).

I think Herrera did better than expected so he's getting the nod in the close rounds in people's minds. Kinda like I always say about the Broner vs Paulie fight.....because Herrera didn't get dominated and KOd, he's getting a "moral victory" and got the benefit of the doubt over the favorite in the close rounds:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, power punching does matter. Danny was cracking him, but dude has a great chin, so he didn't go down.

Stanning aside, it has to be the weight. Angel doesn't let Danny go easy in training, so the whole "he didn't respect him" that I read on other sites is bogus. Danny trains hard for everyone. Dropping from 170+ down to 139 has to be taxing on his body and he has to watch out for that though.

Outlanding someone 150-82 in power punches means while they were jabbing away, you were hitting them hooks/straights/uppercut/overhands:heh:

That's why even though I thought Swift lost, THAT would mean the fight was closer than I originally thought ( I had it 116-112 for Herrera, but I can now see a draw or at worst Danny 115-113).

I think Herrera did better than expected so he's getting the nod in the close rounds in people's minds. Kinda like I always say about the Broner vs Paulie fight.....because Herrera didn't get dominated and KOd, he's getting a "moral victory" and got the benefit of the doubt over the favorite in the close rounds:manny:

Exactly! Herrera looked better then expected, Garcia looked Worst then expected, add in the hate for Angel N the butthurt of Matthysse fans N you got Herrera 11-1 :pachaha:

Its time to move to 147...fight a josesito lopez type N see where you at after...them belts at 140 will be there for AB...id bet my first born we get AB vs Herrera for vacant WBC late summer/fall