Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
It was more then a jab...it was the smothering...the awkwardness N dude being shorter

You wanna say 7-5 Herrera or 6-6 fine

But 9-3??

You don't outland 150-82 in power punches N lose 9 rds
With all due respect, like Paulie alluded to post fight I don't think the dude working the punchstat was on his game, because a lot of those were getting blocked or partially blocked on the gloves or rolled with. Swift got boxed the fukk up.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We still here :mjpls:

We got the win, we still undefeated, we beat a Mexican, we may be moving up and @patscorpio #swiftset avi is coming soon

idDwhxGYLKKek.gif

:stylin:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

3:10 :mjpls:

apparently scott had big debts and agreed to throw the fight

i can believe it tbh, wilder is his good friend

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
With all due respect, like Paulie alluded to post fight I don't think the dude working the punchstat was on his game, because a lot of those were getting blocked or partially blocked on the gloves or rolled with. Swift got boxed the fukk up.

Swift still out landed dude with the power buy a considerable amount

This is how judges score fights

Power punches > jabs

We've seen it in Canelo/Trout Broner/ Paulie N now Swift Herrera

I have no problems someone saying the fight was a draw or 7-5 Herrera... them early RDS was close AF

But there's guys here N on the internet bias af not giving Swift a rd til the 8th:russ:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels

Power punches > jabs

I have no problems someone saying the fight was a draw or 7-5 Herrera... them early RDS was close AF

But there's guys here N on the internet bias af not giving Swift a rd til the 8th:russ:
Actually judges score fights by clean and effective punching. Garcia wasn't clean and effective at all, nor did he control the pace and his defense was atrocious. Those early rounds were not close, the fight itself was not close. You just have a hard on for Danny Garcia. Idk, maybe you were lost in his colored eyes because there is no way you seen this fight. Or, you're one of the judges.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Actually judges score fights by clean and effective punching. Garcia wasn't clean and effective at all, nor did he control the pace and his defense was atrocious. Those early rounds were not close, the fight itself was not close. You just have a hard on for Danny Garcia. Idk, maybe you were lost in his colored eyes because there is no way you seen this fight. Or, you're one of the judges.

I ain't goin get into a back N forth with you lil nikka

You the same nikka that was riding hard for Matthysse trashing Danny then disappeared until tonight:russ:

Am I posed to be surprised how you scored the fight??

A hell of a lot more people have it close one way or the other then have it a rout for Herrera

I gave you 3 recent fights where the judges liked the power punching over the higher amount of Jabs N you come back with gay shyt :scusthov:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I ain't goin get into a back N forth with you lil nikka

You the same nikka that was riding hard for Matthysse trashing Danny then disappeared until tonight:russ:

Am I posed to be surprised how you scored the fight??

A hell of a lot more people have it close one way or the other then have it a rout for Herrera

I gave you 3 recent fights where the judges liked the power punching over the higher amount of Jabs N you come back with gay shyt :scusthov:

We see what a 2 eyes fighter does with Garcia. Lucas with 2 eyes was doing the same thing. Garcia got beat, by a jab, all night. Most people have it wide for Herrera. You can give a million fights, but the judging criteria is set in stone. Herrera took Garcia to school. And thats the way pretty much everyone sees it. Now we know why Garcia stans don't want a Lucas rematch.

Q Money

Rookie
Daps

Power punches > jabs

I don't think it was a blowout by Herrera by any means, but the rounds that Herrera won, he won by a WIDE margin. The rounds that Garcia won, he won by flurries or outworking him. I probably had it 8-4 or maybe 7-4-1 Herrera, but I'd have to re-watch it. A Matthyse rematch would do nothing, because Matthyse still don't have a jab.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
one thing about boxing is that when someone is riding a high wave or good spot in their career- it can easily be snatched from you if you don't respect your opponent. i think garcia really underestimated this dude, he felt he didn't have the power to beat him (which could be true), but herrera outworked garcia and controlled the pace of that fight regardless of the more power shots garcia landed. garcia ate a lot of punches to get his off.

regardless how it played out, i knew herrera wasn't getting a decision in puerto rico. it's unfortunate because i think he won this fight. he had an excellent game plan by forcing the action, keeping the jab going and smothering swift inside by not allowing him to get his shots off. to me, it felt like swift kinda woke up after his nose got busted, all of the earlier rounds kinda went to herrera to me, maybe a few to swift but barely. if swift fought the entire fight like he did after his nose busted it might not have been any controversy

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
one thing about boxing is that when someone is riding a high wave or good spot in their career- it can easily be snatched from you if you don't respect your opponent. i think garcia really underestimated this dude, he felt he didn't have the power to beat him (which could be true), but herrera outworked garcia and controlled the pace of that fight regardless of the more power shots garcia landed. garcia ate a lot of punches to get his off.

regardless how it played out, i knew herrera wasn't getting a decision in puerto rico. it's unfortunate because i think he won this fight. he had an excellent game plan by forcing the action, keeping the jab going and smothering swift inside by not allowing him to get his shots off. to me, it felt like swift kinda woke up after his nose got busted, all of the earlier rounds kinda went to herrera to me, maybe a few to swift but barely. if swift fought the entire fight like he did after his nose busted it might not have been any controversy
Even Herrera knew that short of knocking Swift out, he wasn't getting the decision in PR. Much respect to Herrera, dude boxed Provodnikov up with a busted orbital bone for half the fight and should've gotten the decision against Swift.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Had the Garcia fight scored a draw...but I'll take the W since I picked Swift in the fight prediction thread. :mjpls:
Garcia's boxing skills have been suspect to me for awhile. Rewatching the Matthysse fight I could give 5 of the first 6 rounds to Matthysse and Danny pulled it out in the second half of the fight when Matthysse's eye closed up, but Danny could not outbox him.
Danny's punches are to slow to arrive and he is not great in close.
Danny is nothing but food for Floyd. I have no desire for this fight currently. Seriously it would be 12-0.

Wilder.....................he is a fun sideshow to watch, but I need a lot of proof from him to believe he can do it against good opponents. Arreola and Stiverne both have excellent chins and I think Wilder loses. His chin is super suspect. But if Wilder were to win, he would earn my respect and I would consider him a legit contender at HW.

Wish nothing but the best for Danny Jacobs. Schaefer said after the fight if Quillin wins, his number one priority for 160 is to make Quillin-Jacobs. :obama: