Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/Boxing/2014/03/10/21525036.html

Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, the boxer wrongfully convicted of murder, is fighting prostate cancer.

Carter was diagnosed with cancer in 2011 and was given 3-6 months to live, but the frail 76-year-old is still fighting the disease.

"It's hard to look at him like this," his friend John Artis told the New York Daily News from their Toronto home.

Artis, a co-defendant with Carter in a 1966 triple murder in Paterson, N.J., said the terminal illness has reduced the former fighter to just 90 pounds, spending most of the day in bed.

"I have this helpless sensation there's nothing I can do other than make him as comfortable as possible," said Artis, 67, Carter's caretaker for the last two years.

Carter moved to Toronto in 1985 shortly after a judge overturned his murder conviction. He often spoke out about his experience and lent his voice to the Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted.

Carter was portrayed by Denzel Washington in the 1999 motion picture The Hurricane, which told the story of how a group of Canadians and a Brooklyn teenager helped to free the incarcerated boxer.

:damn:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I find it kinda odd that Danny Garcia is fighting this weekend......feels like the fight was JUST announced :patrice:

No way he loses this one

Malik Scott should be KO'd, I'm on the Wilder bandwagon :obama:

Ponce/JuanMa.........I'm VERY interested in this one....... I don't think history repeats itself :mjpls:

I also see Adamek winning something like 117-111 vs Glazkov

still salty I see...let go of that hatred my breh :umad:

Garcia should win but Herrera is a very live dog in this

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I might be misreading your post, but Floyd ain't ducking Lara. Lara's just not a worthwhile name at this time which is why he's begging to get into the ring with Canelo. Canelo was pissed at the post fight press conference due to Lara calling him out. To be fair, Lara did lack class with that sh!t, but to keep it honest, Lara vs Canelo would likely end up the same way as Mayweather vs Canelo. Cinnamon knows that, his handlers know that, which is why that fight will never materialize. That especially so if you compare Lara's handling of Austin Trout to Canelo's questionable performance against Trout.

On another note, Floyd never really hurt Canelo physically. He fukked up Cinnamon's pride and ego something fierce, but physically it wasn't that serious. Guerrero almost got gawt in round 8?, and Cotto in the 12th, but you never got the sense Canelo was ever in the same kind of trouble physically. His pride though, and confidence, a whole nother story. Canelo's pride was KO'd after hit TKO'd the top rope while Floyd was a spectator. That's why this win over Angulo was so important, to build up his confidence. He fights Lara though, after its all said and done, Mexicans gwan go the offensive against Cubans in the Federal joints.
Canelo will beat the shyt out of Lara breh................

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
shannonbriggsnewlook680.jpg

briggs looks old...that weight loss was something he needed to do a decade ago..i never understood why he bulked the way he did anyways but he wont do anything now...no way has he recovered from that beating vitali dished out..he needs to stay retired

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
seems like canelo is already getting the mayweather treatment. everyone was calling for a close fight/or a canelo lost beforehand but now angulo was taylor made for canelo and this wasn't a big deal, and it this was supposed to happen:bryan:

now they saying, "well well he cant beat lara":mjpls:"
if he fights and beat lara, there will be another excuse

boxing fans just hate being wrong:yeshrug:
Lara got his ass whooped by far lesser fighters than Canelo, why it's so hard for you people to understand this

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:what: Breh, he only has one loss (Paul Williams), and two draws? The one loss resulted in judges being suspended.
Gift vs bum ass Vanes and gift vs bum ass Molina, not to mention he was well on his way to a loss vs Angulo bum ass before the fluke injury.......Do you actually watch the fight of this average nikka, before you chose to ride his dikk, what type of shyt is this:stopitslime:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Im not usually wrong on things like this, I been watching boxing my whole damn life.....I know when a fighter pull his punches like Angulo did and Mosley has been lately who was also implicated, and I know when a nikka lay down and dive like Ortiz has time and time again, my eye catches it instantly.........

• Dap
Reactions: L68

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Schaeffer and Oscar beefing, interesting interesting......:lupe:

On top of that fixed fight shyt, we about to be on a fukkery overload if these stories progress

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Mikey Garcia: "Yuriorkis Gamboa is Pricing Himself Out!"

By Ryan Burton

In a recent conversation with BoxingScene.com, WBO super featherweight champion Mikey Garcia said Yuriorkis Gamboa remains at the top of his wish list for his next fight. Premium cable channel HBO is very interested in making the fight but Garcia said that the former Olympic gold medalist is asking for too much money and that is why the fight hasn't been finalized.

"They told me that May 17th is still a possibility (for the fight). If it doesn't happen then it will most likely be in June. Gamboa is the one they are telling me (will be next). I am still waiting on him. He says he wants it so bad but he needs to come down on his price. The budget ain't going to be enough for both sides. I see that he is worth a certain amount but the network doesn't seem to think he is worth what he wants for the fight," said Garcia while pointing out that the Cuban is asking for a lot more money than he is going to be getting. "When you are talking numbers he was asking for almost 50% more than me. You have to be realistic you know?" Garcia told BoxingScene.com.

Over the past few months, Gamboa has been on a big campaign on Twitter trying to make the fight happen. When I asked Garcia what he thinks about the big social media push, he smiled and said that, "He seems to be promoting the fight even more than 50," in reference to Gamboa's promoter 50 Cent.

When asked how a fight against Gamboa would play out, Garcia said that his rival is a good fighter but that his skills are a level above the Cuban.

"(It would end with him) on the ground, the floor," Garcia said while laughing. "It is definitely a good fight. He is fast and has power. He has good skills and is exciting and explosive so it makes for a good fight but I think I am the better fighter overall with better skills so I know that I would win."

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Gamboa wants 5 million to fight Mikey Garcia:manny:

[/URL]

Garcia is saying it's almost 50% more than what he's getting, so Mikey Garcia must be getting 3.5 million for the fight.

Gamboa is pricing himself to high lol Not even in Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse did either one of them get 5 million:dead: