Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
No way Lara can beat Canelo.

Again, you can use their performance against Trout.....I'll just come back with their performance vs Angulo.

And Lara has stamina issues as well, plus struggled with Carlos Molina and Vanes Martirosyan.

That's why I got into it with Pat trynna say Canelo was Rios status. Neggas hate oin Floyd so much that they would overlook a fighter abilities. Canelo paid his dues and foought well. He ll beat anybody at ease, except Floyd and Ward. He needs to fight JCC. Lara knows he needs that paycheck. That's all there is to it

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bute was undefeated before he lost to froch.

Also ward could have fought dawson at his weight class, he would have been the lineal champion at 168 and 175.

Ward had his chances unlike lara.

Breh I hear what you're saying and respect it too, but in the big scheme of things Ward fighting Dawson at his weight class didn't mean much, and fighting Bute while undefeated didn't mean much either. I say that with respect to fighters giving up belts and money, and when I say money I mean the business trumping principle(belts and legitimate competition). The reality is Ward is too good but poorly marketed. If anything is his fault, it's that he's not showboating enough. Boxing might be the only sport where borderline buffoonery is respected on some WWE sh!t. Mayweather played chess legitimately by fighting borderline yet respected with nice following washups in De La Hoya and Mosley.

Ward didn't have a De La Hoya or Mosley to build off of. He had the Super 6 in which the elite were foreign fighters that had nice followings in their respective foreign homelands, but in America might as well been undercards in the average UFC bout. He's so good at what he does that people had to give credit where its due, but Hopkins might be the closest to a De La Hoya or Mosley he'll ever get. Which is why he's calling out GGG and Chavez Jr. Chavez has already admitted that Ward is the best and his idol but is poorly marketed, which is a nice and respectful way of saying thanks but no thanks. GGG said he wants to clean out 160 first before facing Ward. In other words GGG is content on milking his gravy train for all its worth before he's inevitably exposed by as overhyped by Ward.

Any way you look at it, Ward is fukked by his own talent and humility. If he made an azz out of himself like Mayweather, sky would bevthe limit. Lara has seen the same thing and is content with doing classless sh!t like crashing post fight press conferences of other fighters begging for a chicken bone, trying to avoid Ward's fate. It's sad, but that's the business!

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seems like canelo is already getting the mayweather treatment. everyone was calling for a close fight/or a canelo lost beforehand but now angulo was taylor made for canelo and this wasn't a big deal, and it this was supposed to happen:bryan:

now they saying, "well well he cant beat lara":mjpls:"
if he fights and beat lara, there will be another excuse

boxing fans just hate being wrong:yeshrug:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
By Elisinio Castillo

The World Boxing Association (WBA) bantamweight champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (34-2-1, 12KOs) is once again looking to test the waters at 122-pounds, and this time he wants to face the current WBC champion Leo "Terremoto" Santa Cruz (27-0-1, 15KOs), who won lopsided twelve round unanimous decision over Cristian Mijares this past Saturday night in Las Vegas.

Moreno is scheduled to face Javier Chacon (19-1, 4KOs) on March 22nd at the Arena Roberto Duran in Panama City, Panama. After Chacon, he hopes to face Santa Cruz. Whether the fight can happen right away is unclear. Santa Cruz has a mandatory defense due, against the UK's Carl Frampton. Moreno previously moved up to 122 and lost a twelve round decision to then champion Abner Mares in 2012.

"I talked to Eric Gomez, a senior executive of Golden Boy Promotions," said the spokeswoman and wife of Chemito, Rouss Laguna Moreno. "We invited both Santa Cruz and Gomez to be present at Chemito's next fight in Panama."

@SuikodenII @Amare's Right Hook :ohhh:

Leo will beat Frampton but if he takes this fight after I'll be really impressed. If Moreno fights the way he fought the last 5 rounds vs Mares I believe he'll win

60k tickets already sold :whew:

I know I'm the only #GrovesGang member here but this bloke stays making me proud.
He gooned up on Eddie then made Froch and his brother his bytch at the same damn time :wow:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I fukks with Moreno ever since I saw him rocking this over the top shyt
chemito-moreno.jpg

Sucks they don't show him on TV...Ill be riding wit him if he fights LSC

yo moms

drunk
Daps
@SuikodenII @Amare's Right Hook :ohhh:

Leo will beat Frampton but if he takes this fight after I'll be really impressed. If Moreno fights the way he fought the last 5 rounds vs Mares I believe he'll win

I know I'm the only #GrovesGang member here but this bloke stays making me proud.
He gooned up on Eddie then made Froch and his brother his bytch at the same damn time :wow:

that guy from the ITV trolling froch was hilarious. :russ:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
No way Lara can beat Canelo.

Again, you can use their performance against Trout.....I'll just come back with their performance vs Angulo.

And Lara has stamina issues as well, plus struggled with Carlos Molina and Vanes Martirosyan.

The Lara that beat Trout is the same Lara that beat Angulo. This version of Canelo is better than the one that fought Trout, Canelo whoops Lara's ass.

The internet is overrrating the fukk out of this dude. I've seen it said multiple times that "Floyd is ducking him" because he will give him his first loss. :heh:

And if I remember correctly the Molina fight had CJ Ross fukkery, get this dude out of here :camby:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The Lara that beat Trout is the same Lara that beat Angulo. This version of Canelo is better than the one that fought Trout, Canelo whoops Lara's ass.

The internet is overrrating the fukk out of this dude. I've seen it said multiple times that "Floyd is ducking him" because he will give him his first loss. :heh:

And if I remember correctly the Molina fight had CJ Ross fukkery, get this dude out of here :camby:

its expected i guess...outside of floyd and canelo...lara is the only cat at 154 right now thats been consistent plus he's winning his fights..lara's only true blemish on his record is the molina fight which should be his only legit L because he lost that fight clearly...he's not a boogieman by any means....im gonna need him to rematch molina and win convincingly in order for me to see him as a major player since molina went on to become champion

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I find it kinda odd that Danny Garcia is fighting this weekend......feels like the fight was JUST announced :patrice:

No way he loses this one

Malik Scott should be KO'd, I'm on the Wilder bandwagon :obama:

Ponce/JuanMa.........I'm VERY interested in this one....... I don't think history repeats itself :mjpls:

I also see Adamek winning something like 117-111 vs Glazkov

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
shannonbriggsnewlook680.jpg

New Look: Shannon Briggs Update
Comebacking former WBO heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs) is shown recently flexing a few new looks. For the first time in over two decades, Briggs no longer has his trademark dreadlocks. He is now sporting a basic low cut these days. Also, over the last eight months Briggs’ physique has a had a major overhaul dropping down from a hefty 357 pounds to a currently ripped 247 pounds.

Briggs was scheduled to fight in Atlanta, Georgia last month but his fight was pulled by the commission just days before he was supposed to fight. Briggs wanted to erase any doubts that he was not medically fit to fight.

“From what I understand all that happpened was that in the state of Georgia because of my, and I quote ‘advanced age of 42,’ I needed to be screened in person per the rules and regulations of the state and I had to do so a certain amount of days before the fight. I was not aware of this and I arrived too late. But what’s done is done. The plan now is for me to return likely at the end of March on a fight card in North Carolina.”

Briggs is currently training at the Lucky Street Gym in Hollywood, Florida where he has trained for a number of years. Another familiar face trains there, as well. None other than current unified heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. Briggs and Klitschko have different training schedules and their paths have never crossed there, according to Briggs, until a few days ago. Briggs putting in overtime during his workout when he ran into Klitschko as he was arriving for his. Briggs says he spoke to and greeted all members of the Klitschko entourage including Jonathan Banks, but said that when he went to greet Klitschko he was snubbed.

An enraged Briggs vented to Fightnews.

“I will be very honest. It pissed me off. To me it seemed as if he was pushing me away like I was a fan seeking an autograph. I was simply just saying what’s up to him as a greeting. In fact, I said ‘What’s up champ?’ and that was his reaction. In reality, it would be even worse if he treated a fan like that because you don’t treat people like you’re above them. That’s just not right. I’m a former world champion, and in fact the last American to hold a world title. I was already training extremely hard as it was to get back to the top but this definitely has added some extra motivation for me. I hope Wladimir is still a world champion when I’m back in contention for a world title opportunity. I definitely want that fight,” said Briggs.