Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Canelo landed 295 total punches on Angulo (58% connect ratio), 197 were power punches (64% connect ratio)
Lara landed 221 total punches on Angulo (42% connect ratio), 142 were power punches (56% connect ratio)

Angulo landed 104 total punches on Canelo (14% connect ratio) and 78 power punches (21% connect ratio)
Angulo landed 143 total punches on Lara (20% connect ratio) and 134 power punches (31% connect ratio)

Obviously, Angulo took more punishment in his fight with Canelo and was more hopeless offensively. Not to mention that Angulo dropped Lara TWICE and was winning the fight on 1 of the judges score cards 86-83 and was only behind by 1 round on the other 2 judges cards before it was stopped. NONE of that happened in the Canelo fight. It was all Canelo.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Do yall realize how helpless/hopeless Angulo must've felt in there with Canelo?:dwillhuh:

He MISSED 86% of the punches he threw at Canelo and the punches he DID land had no effect at all while Canelo is crushing him with power shot after power shot:wow:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
@Skip b with his conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

You really think they're hiding Molina from Canelo :heh: He had a warrant out for his arrest and they decided to act on it. Seems odd but the exact same thing happened to Jeremy Stephens in the UFC. He had a warrant out for his arrest for years, fought several times on live TV during that time and out of the blue they decide to arrest him on the day of a fight.
Canelo & either Charlo brother would not be matched up for several years. They're investing a lot in those guys. Makes no sense to make fights like that now.

Espinoza can :camby: That card felt exactly like a TR PPV. Mismatches all around. I like Leo Santa Cruz but could we get this guy in there with a live body already :beli:
Not hiding, but Molina could ruin plans, and Charlo definitely could; they want Cotto, those 2 are speed bump fighters.....................

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Canelo landed 295 total punches on Angulo (58% connect ratio), 197 were power punches (64% connect ratio)
Lara landed 221 total punches on Angulo (42% connect ratio), 142 were power punches (56% connect ratio)

Angulo landed 104 total punches on Canelo (14% connect ratio) and 78 power punches (21% connect ratio)
Angulo landed 143 total punches on Lara (20% connect ratio) and 134 power punches (31% connect ratio)

Obviously, Angulo took more punishment in his fight with Canelo and was more hopeless offensively. Not to mention that Angulo dropped Lara TWICE and was winning the fight on 1 of the judges score cards 86-83 and was only behind by 1 round on the other 2 judges cards before it was stopped. NONE of that happened in the Canelo fight. It was all Canelo.
I'm not on the Lara victory was better bandwagon, but if you are trying to shyt on Lara's victory then that same criticism have to be thrown at Canelo. Angulo turned his back and said no mas, contrary to the Canelo fight where he was stopped laughing off one of Canelos and his overrated power powder puff punches

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm not on the Lara victory was better bandwagon, but if you are trying to shyt on Lara's victory then that same criticism have to be thrown at Canelo. Angulo turned his back and said no mas, contrary to the Canelo fight where he was stopped laughing off one Canelos and his overrated power powder puff punches

Why would I dismiss Lara's victory?

He won, he just didnt beat Angulo as bad as Canelo did. Angulo dropped Lara twice and was winning on a scorecard by 3 points and down by 1 point on 2 others when that fight was stopped. When the fight was stopped against Canelo he was losing 89-82, 89-82, and 88-83:mjpls:

And Angulo was farrrrrrrrrrrrr from laughing at anything. Matter of fact, the nikka was crying at the end of the fight:to:

:manny:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Why would I dismiss Lara's victory?

He won, he just didnt beat Angulo as bad as Canelo did. Angulo dropped Lara twice and was winning on a scorecard by 3 points and down by 1 point on 2 others when that fight was stopped. When the fight was stopped against Canelo he was losing 89-82, 89-82, and 88-83:mjpls:

And Angulo was farrrrrrrrrrrrr from laughing at anything. Matter of fact, the nikka was crying at the end of the fight:to:

:manny:
I would have been crying also, he was robbed at the chance of adversity............

If you listen to in between rounds right around the time it got bad, Hunter said let your offense be your defense......Forcing Canelo to punch himself out then coming on strong was a part of his game plan

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I would have been crying also, he was robbed at the chance of adversity............

If you listen to in between rounds right around the time it got bad, Hunter said let your offense be your defense......Forcing Canelo to punch himself out then coming on strong was a part of his game plan

I agree with this.

I had posted in this thread that I was like :wow: at the stoppage, because I believe in letting a fighter fight to it's OBVIOUSLY over (just laying on the ropes taking punishment and not returning fire, getting knocked senseless around the ring while your legs are noodles, being unable to intelligently defend yourself).

I didnt agree with Margs stoppage in Cotto vs Margs 2, so I definitely didnt agree with this either......but I understand why they did it:manny:

Their gameplan was to let Canelo "get tired and then smother him late" and with the fight being stopped early in the 10th, they didnt get to implement that strategy. However, it didnt look like anything was gonna work for Angulo because his shots had no effect on Canelo

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I agree with this.

I had posted in this thread that I was like :wow: at the stoppage, because I believe in letting a fighter fight to it's OBVIOUSLY over (just laying on the ropes taking punishment and not returning fire, getting knocked senseless around the ring while your legs are noodles, being unable to intelligently defend yourself).

I didnt agree with Margs stoppage in Cotto vs Margs 2, so I definitely didnt agree with this either......but I understand why they did it:manny:
Fair, respect:manny:

If anyone has the balls to co-sign this stoppage, why not a stoppage for Mayweather when he had Canelo hurt and sitting on the ropes multiple times

Canelo impressed but it's the same ole story with him, and his fukkery, he made matters worse by giving little fukks when questioned......

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
People really think Perro had much more to show in that fight? Canelo had been gassing since the fifth, but that was due to his stamina problems, not Angulo's pressure or punches.:mjlol:

Fair, respect:manny:

If anyone has the balls to co-sign this stoppage, why not a stoppage for Mayweather when he had Canelo hurt and sitting on the ropes multiple times

Canelo impressed but it's the same ole story with him, and his fukkery, he made matters worse by giving little fukks when questioned......

:mjlol:
Canelo couldn't touch him, but lets not pretend like Floyd's hands were going to take him out that night.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
People really think Perro had much more to show in that fight? Canelo had been gassing since the fifth, but that was due to his stamina problems, not Angulo's pressure or punches.:mjlol:

:mjlol:
Canelo couldn't touch him, but lets not pretend like Floyd's hands were going to take him out that night.
Floyd had Canelo hurt more than Angulo did deal with it.....................

I didnt see Canelo laughing of Floyd shots like Angulo was doing his I'll tell you that for sure

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I thought the stoppage was poorly timed but Angulo had no chance of coming back. I thought he might have been turning the tide in the 8th but even with Canelo offering up free shots he didn't land shyt and in the 9th Canelo went back to slapping him all across the ring.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Floyd had Canelo hurt more than Angulo did deal with it.....................

I didnt see Canelo laughing of Floyd shots like Angulo was doing his I'll tell you that for sure

I've watched the fight a few times now, and I have yet to see Canelo in serious trouble. He was eating shots, being backed up, but Floyd was holding off --- he mentioned that he would've knocked out canelo if he was younger, which I agree with. On that night though, Canelo wasn't in need of ref. intervention. He just got a whooping for 12 rounds, nothing more.

I feel like Angulo should have been given the 10th round, but I don't blame Weeks for stopping it. Angulo had shown very little indication that he would be able to come on strong like he was (allegedly) planning.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
dude got the dog shyt beat out of him :banderas:

That's crazy though right?:heh:

You box......how would you feel when you're missing almost 9 out of 10 punches you throw at your opponent while he's LANDING 6 out of every 10 punches on you?:wow:

That's the type of stuff that'll make somebody wanna quit boxing:damn:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto_Martinez_PR_pc_140310_003a.jpg