Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I said Kirkland was a C level fighter and he mopped the floor with Angulo and got a legit stoppage.........

And if Canelo was sanding toe to toe vs Angulo, than Mayweather was standing toe to toe vs Canelo, being that they landed around over 200 punches in their wins, but Mayweather ran, which one is it, you dikkriding ass nikka........

There is a difference in keeping dsitance standing in the pocket countering , than dummy fighting taking their best while giving yours, the only time Canelo stood toe to toe, when fat boy was sucking wind catching 4-5 punch combo's from Angulo's slow ass

Why do you keep bringing up Mayweather?:dahell: Damn you're a fukking stan:dead:

Floyd aint have shyt to do with Saturday's fight:ufdup:

Second, I have NEVER said that Floyd ran from Canelo. I've always been the one on here saying that Floyd deserves full props for beating Canelo:umad:

:pacspit:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What do you mean if didnt prove much?

As of right now, it proves that Canelo is the #2 Junior Middleweight in the world behind Floyd Mayweather (at WORST the 3rd best behind Lara) . He easily destroyed Angulo who before the match people were wondering if Canelo would be able to stand toe to toe with him or deal with his power. Not only did Canelo stand toe to toe, he beat the hell out of him with no problems.

Canelo is the truth.

i thought Angulo would have more in the tank than what he showed going into the fight. he is clearly not the same fighter. i didn't expect Angulo to win though, but figured Canelo would get tired later in the fight (which he did) and get in a tougher scrap (didn't happen), also Canelo was taking a lot of breaks in the fight but masked it with a lot of the posturing and moving he was doing. It was a repeated cycle, combo, break, combo, he even took some rounds off. Stamina problems are still there, just were not exposed like they could have.

Canelo fought a glorified statue that took worst beatings from Kirkland and Lara. I'll be the first to give him props when he fights AND beats better comp. I thought he lost to Trout personally (close fight) and Floyd abused him.

i wont argue with those rankings though, just means Canelo and Lara should scrap

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
i thought Angulo would have more in the tank than what he showed going into the fight. he is clearly not the same fighter. i didn't expect Angulo to win though, but figured Canelo would get tired later in the fight (which he did) and get in a tougher scrap (didn't happen), also Canelo was taking a lot of breaks in the fight but masked it with a lot of the posturing and moving he was doing. It was a repeated cycle, combo, break, combo, he even took some rounds off. Stamina problems are still there, just were not exposed like they could have.

Canelo fought a glorified statue that took worst beatings from Kirkland and Lara. I'll be the first to give him props when he fights AND beats better comp. I thought he lost to Trout personally (close fight) and Floyd abused him.

i wont argue with those rankings though, just means Canelo and Lara should scrap
I feel Canelo beats Lara, but I tell you what he wont be able to take breaks and he damn sure wont try to style and profile with that weak ass square shoulder roll.......

If I was Canelo 160 would be the way to go, he can hide there, jmw has a influx of black talent in the division with the Charlo's and Lara, and they are better fared to deal with his style.....A fight that comes at Canelo in a straight in line will always lose to him, he's mastered the art of throwing get him off of me pot shots when he's busy sucking wind and taking breaks

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Canelo was taking a lot of breaks in the fight but masked it with a lot of the posturing and moving he was doing. It was a repeated cycle, combo, break, combo, he even took some rounds off. Stamina problems are still there, just were not exposed like they could have.

canelo got tired by the 4th round. there were points in the fight canelo looked like he was just waiting for rounds to end. for all the power shots and percentages people bring up he never had angulo hurt after hitting him with all of his best punches. angulo got busted up but meldrick taylor got busted up against chavez that doesnt mean chavez was on his way to stopping him or that meldrick was about to die. his power and boxing skill is being overrated fighters like matthew hatton went the distance with canelo and he has a lot of quick stoppages against fighters like ryan rhodes that make his record look more impressive on paper than what it is. i didnt think canelo looked that good against angulo. he looked good in spurts but fighting in spurts in not enough against top level fighters. fighting a close fight with trout that some feel he really got a gift and losing every round to floyd tells me he has a very hard time against lara. he cant get tired against lara like this and try to chase him down all night at the same time, taking rounds off, fighting in spurts.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
BiYNZmDIcAA1Eyg.jpg

PR's present shaking hands with PR's future :ahh:

#FelixFederation :lawd:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel Canelo beats Lara, but I tell you what he wont be able to take breaks and he damn sure wont try to style and profile with that weak ass square shoulder roll.......

If I was Canelo 160 would be the way to go, he can hide there, jmw has a inful of black talent in the division with the Charlo's and Lara, and they are better fared to deal with his style.....A fight that comes at Canelo in a straight in line will always lose to him, he's mastered the art of throwing get him off of me pot shots when he's busy sucking wind and taking breaks

i'd like to see them face off, Lara is deserving of it, whooped Trout, beat my dude Punisher Paul. Canelo would have the strength and size advantage, if Lara could handle it his movement and crisp punching will give Canelo problems

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
i'd like to see them face off, Lara is deserving of it, whooped Trout, beat my dude Punisher Paul. Canelo would have the strength and size advantage, if Lara could handle it his movement and crisp punching will give Canelo problems
Lara deserves it now that Molina is gone, had Molina beat Charlo or vice versa I would of felt they deserved the fight more.....

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yep sad case there
For Molina only.........

For Charlo:patrice:....................., Molina being arrested all of a sudden reeks of a bigger party being involved.... I feel Haymon or whoever felt Charlo would lose, Carlo aint exactly pissed off about the situation, missing his showcase, his payday or calling out Canelo and such....................

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Well, Lara is about to fight Ishe Smith on May 2nd, so I dont know what was the purpose of him confronting Canelo about:manny:

I'm reading that Canelo will be fighting again in July. I wonder against who?:ohhh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
For Molina only.........

For Charlo:patrice:....................., Molina being arrested all of a sudden reeks of a bigger party being involved.... I feel Haymon or whoever felt Charlo would lose, Carlo aint exactly pissed off about the situation, missing his showcase, his payday or calling out Canelo and such....................

Here you go with your conspiracy bullshyt again:snoop:

Anyways, Charlo HAS spoken out about it.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Daily Buzz: Jermall Charlo's chance at a boxing title gets cuffed
Tully Corcoran
FOX Sports

MAR 07, 2014 7:27p ET

So it was 16 years coming for Jermall Charlo, a whole career's worth of speed bags and road work and 17 wins with 13 knockouts and no losses.

The 23-year-old had earned his title shot, and it was going to come Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where he'd fight "King" Carlos Molina for the IBF light middleweight championship.

"It's been a long time coming," Charlo told the Houston Chronicle last week. "This is the call and I've got to take the answer."

But a last-second twist, the sort which only seems to happen in boxing, has canceled the fight. Molina was arrested Tuesday in Las Vegas after police found an outstanding warrant issued in 2007 accusing him of failing to register as a sex offender in Wisconsin.

Molina posted $10,000 bond and was going to be released — meaning the fight would still be on — until authorities figured the Mexico-born Molina was also wanted by US Immigration and Customs.

So the fight was called off, as was Charlo's title shot. Charlo was, naturally, flabbergasted.

"I was, like, 'What? ... I didn't understand it at first," Charlo told the Chronicle. "How did they even let him get the belt? The body of boxing has to allow things like this not to happen."

Molina remains in jail and faces possible deportation, and Charlo is out the biggest moment of his life — a $100,00 payday that could have also put the Houston resident one step closer to a date with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"I'm just, like, God has to have a plan for me. The storm don't last always," said Charlo. "I trained my whole life for this and I've been let down. Not by me, but by [Molina]. The only thing I can do is go back to the drawing board. And my next fight will be for the IBF world title, no matter what."

"I'm more motivated now than I've ever been," Charlo said. "I just feel sorry for my next opponent."

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Here you go with your conspiracy bullshyt again:snoop:

Anyways, Charlo HAS spoken out about it.
Molina gets arrested all of a sudden after fighting in the us for years:stopitslime:

Wouldnt you be screaming to the top of your lungs, if your money, title and showcase fight was pulled from under your feet.......I know damn well I wouldnt be on the God had another plan tip, I would have demanded to be awarded champ without even fighting no one, instead he was smiling with the :smugfavre: and :mjpls:

By Charlo and Molina not fighting, it clears the path for a bytch ass Canelo at a all too convenient time once again, had either one they would have been lined up for this fight, and had Canelo balked he would have lost more credibility his people already hate him, 100 times worse than the Oscar hate, his people know he quit in his last match........Convenient timing convenient timing, I aint fooled and I aint dumb:stopitslime: