Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
El Perro didn't even look like the same guy. Not sure if he really has anything left in the tank at this point.

And whether justified or not, I always enjoy seeing fans throw trash into the ring only because it takes me back to my days of my youth when I stayed up at night and watched WCW :laff:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i saw angulo take a lot of punches but never saw him hurt and never saw him not trying to fight. the fighter i saw not trying to fight was canelo who was gassed and, like always, taking huge parts of rounds off. mexicans dont support one fighter trying to make it a war and one fighter trying to rest and get a gift from the ref. a lot of fighters have to take fights for free to start their pro careers because its so hard to get fights. to be in that position of fighting on that stage and to have it taken away from you is wrong whether or not angulo was losing or would have lost. weeks didnt even check to see if angulo was even hurt. things like this dont matter to you though. and you would never call me a bytch in real life, so that point, like all your other posts in here is useless. you got all those posts here and have not ever said one thing to make me think you know something about boxing other than using this thread to pretend to be peurto rican and platform to talk about danny garcia

You didn't see Angulo hurt in there?:dahell:

You didn't see how hard his neck was snapping back when Canelo would catch him with an uppercut or straight right? Thats dangerous to allow a fighter to take that kinda abuse.

His whole face was swollen. Jaws, lips, cheek bones, below the eyes, over the eyes :scusthov:

He was really being abused by Canelo and too slow to protect himself defensively or get in any real offense on Canelo. Hell, he only landed 14% of his punches:snoop:

Real talk, fights like that is how fighters end up with brain damage. Canelo was throwing him some hard ass, vicious power shots and connected on 64% of em:wow:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
prior to the stoppage virg hill said to his boy he will not let him get hurt in there..i saw that as a hint he would stop it after that round if punishment continues.
Weeks saw this as a 1 way beat down and knew it was time to stop it but it was at the wrong time/moment of stoppage..ive seen much worse stoppages, right boxing heads??

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I'd possibly be willing to concede Cotto, but Lara is all types of wrong for Canelo. No way I'm picking him over Erislandy
To me the Lara-Canelo fight is really interesting. Lara has excellent power and incredible boxing skills. But he never seems to utilize them like he fully should. He always seems get a little lazy from time to time - he was outboxing Angulo, but he would leave some holes open and Angulo knocked him down.
Skill wise if Lara was on point he could make Canelo look silly. But Lara never fights a perfect fight, leaving Canelo to connect with his punches - and the Mayweather fight made people forget that Canelo is a beast of a puncher.

I think both fighters are extremely talented. People unfairly cooled on Canelo. He still needs to beat more quality opponents to be P4P level, but the kid has talent and is a very good fighter.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
prior to the stoppage virg hill said to his boy he will not let him get hurt in there..i saw that as a hint he would stop it after that round if punishment continues.
Weeks saw this as a 1 way beat down and knew it was time to stop it but it was at the wrong time/moment of stoppage..ive seen much worse stoppages, right boxing heads??

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis was a MUCH worse stoppage imo AND Antonio Margarito vs Miguel Cotto 2 was a bad stoppage as well to me

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
For what it is worth, the ESPN boxing analysts at the fight thought it was a good stoppage.
Even if a guy is throwing back, if his punches don't hurt the opponent and he can no longer protect himself it is the ref's job to see if stopping the fight is necessary.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis was a MUCH worse stoppage imo AND Antonio Margarito vs Miguel Cotto 2 was a bad stoppage as well to me
i disagree with the vitali - lewis. vitali's eye was terrible and lewis was landing more precisely towards that ref intervention, another round of that would have been ugly. ant v cotto 2 was redemption..so fuick it! lol

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
what bothered me was weeks jumping in without checking to see if angulo was even hurt by the punch or not. if he did he would have seen he was no more hurt at that point than at any other point in the fight. why does it seem like people think angulo couldnt have finished the fight?

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
i think he also said to stop the fight if canelo lands two power punches consecutively...

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
what bothered me was weeks jumping in without checking to see if angulo was even hurt by the punch or not. if he did he would have seen he was no more hurt at that point than at any other point in the fight. why does it seem like people think angulo couldnt have finished the fight?
weeks came to angulo's corner before the round and said what's up? that was an indication of that stoppage IMO.