Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The GAWD was back in action on Thursday

May2-824x536.png
May1-824x468.png
May3-824x414.png

yo moms

drunk
Daps
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...eight-champion-carlos-molina-jailed-ahead-bou

"We're still working on getting him out of jail," Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules told ESPN.com on Thursday after Molina was a no show at the final news conference. "There is an immigration hold on him and we're trying to figure everything out. I'm doing my best. Carlos just said, 'Get me out, I want to fight.'"

Molina, 30, of Chicago, was arrested in Las Vegas on Tuesday morning on an outstanding warrant from 2007 in Wisconsin because he failed to register as a sex offender. But even after the warrant was taken care of Thursday and Molina had been granted bail, his release was denied when Las Vegas police learned that he was also wanted by immigration officials.

"In 2001, when he was 18 years old -- and I'm just learning all this this week -- he got arrested for statutory rape. She was 16 or 15, two teenagers," Margules, who is also an attorney, said. "Not knowing how it would impact his life at all, he pled guilty to time served in Appleton, Wis., and did three years probation and never registered as a sex offender. That was what the warrant was for. I worked it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at least Molina aint a creepy pedophile.

:myman:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Jeff Mayweather on the future 140 Champion......Adrien Broner.

PC: We haven't spoke in awhile, but I like the encouraging message you put on your Facebook after Adrien Broner's first loss. You basically said when these guys lose, that doesn't mean they are not talented; it just means they have to go back to the drawing board. And I agree with that.

JM: Right! I think the one thing that Adrien Broner...I mean, I seen a lot of flaws, and that's not necessarily pointing the finger at anyone. I think that there are some things that Maidana was doing that was kind of tricky. He would fake a shot to the body, but he would come over the top kind of like Erik Morales used to do. And it worked every time on Broner. So Broner did a lot of reaching and he thought they were coming to the body and they didn't because they were going somewhere else. That was one of the problems, and then another problem I think with Broner is that, at 135 pounds, he was able to walk everybody down. He still has that mentality, but he's not gonna be able to survive at welterweight with that mentality when you got guys that can punch harder than you. If you fighting somebody that can punch harder than you, you have to learn to use your legs. And that's the problem that he's gonna face fighting up there. I still thought he fought a gallant fight. I thought he dug down and showed he still has the heart of a winner; he just couldn't pull it off. I still take my hat off to him because he still showed a lot of heart, but it's one of those things that when you talk as much as he do, you gonna get some backlash and that's the one thing he's gotta be able to deal with. If you're gonna put it out there, you gotta be able to deal with it when it comes back in a different way. So hopefully his skin is thick because it's gonna have to be. It's so crazy now. I was looking on Instagram and anything this kid do, people are criticizing him now. He can't say he's doing anything anymore. He was on there having a vacation with his woman and people were like, "You need to be in the gym; you need to be doing this and that," and I'm like, "Wow! The man can't take a vacation; he just coming off of a fight." But that's the backlash of when you put it out there, you gotta be able to handle what's coming back. And I think if Broner makes adjustments, he may be able to beat Maidana a second time. But of course right now, that fight is not gonna happen right away because Floyd chose Maidana. I think Floyd did the right thing by choosing Maidana as opposed to choosing Amir Khan because Amir Khan has done nothing to even be in a title fight.

#BandCamp

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He would fake a shot to the body, but he would come over the top kind of like Erik Morales used to do. And it worked every time on Broner.

I need to go back and watch because I missed that the first time. (I havent replayed a fight for a few years now) But.....if Maidana was doing this...and Broner was falling for it...then....

:mjlol:

because although Morales used to do that, it was rarely effective against TOP level opposition. he couldnt do that on Barrera, Manny, or any other top level fighter he faced...not with repeated and great success. it did however work for those tune up level fighters. thats like a fukkin flea-flicker in football. shyt dont work against high caliber defense. as I said...if AB was falling for that then :snoop: because Maidana isnt very fast in comparison to top WWs, and doesnt even have the savvy that Morales has to be pulling that shyt. in fact...he probably stole it from Morales when he got his ass outboxed in them later rounds. :mjpls:

sn: Jeff also says Mayweather-Maidana is gonna look like Mayweather-Gatti....which is a likely prediction.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Schaefer: Lomachenko Would Have To Face Gary Russell Jr.

By Rick Reeno

Reacting to reports that Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1KOs) will be granted an immediate shot at the vacant WBO featherweight crown, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, told BoxingScene.com that his fighter, Gary Russell Jr. (24-0, 14KOs), is ready to face Lomachenko for that title.

Russell is the mandatory challenger to the WBO belt. Prior to Lomachenko's fight with then champion Orlando Salido, the sanctioning body had ordered the winner to face Russell.

However, Salido lost his title on the scale when he failed to make weight for last Saturday's fight in San Antonio. The title remained vacant after Salido won a twelve round split decision over Lomachenko.

Because Salido was overweight and rehydrated to 147-pounds by fight night, the WBO was willing to give Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medal winner, an immediate crack at the belt.

"I think that's great [with Lomachenko getting another shot], then he'll have to fight Gary Russell....no problem, bring it on," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

Because Lomachenko is promoted by Top Rank, a direct deal with Golden Boy is unlikely. The two companies have not come together to make a direct deal in several years.

Schaefer confirms that Russell-Lomachenko, if ordered by the WBO, would head to an immediate purse bid - with both powerhouse companies opening their checkbooks to secure the promotional rights.

"Exactly, may the promoter who has the deeper pockets win. We're just going to see who that's going to be," Schaefer said.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@synistr he caught broner with one of those punches on the 1st KD.

broner thought he was going to the body and lowered both arms :mjlol:

I kinda remembered that but that is more of Broner not knowing wtf he is doing with that style. he is trying to use reflexes. shouldnt be getting caught with shyt like that. need to go back to the drawing board for real and correct it. it really aint that hard either. I just dont think AB should be using that style if its going to be more of a asset than liability.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Schaefer: Lomachenko Would Have To Face Gary Russell Jr.

By Rick Reeno

Reacting to reports that Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1KOs) will be granted an immediate shot at the vacant WBO featherweight crown, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, told BoxingScene.com that his fighter, Gary Russell Jr. (24-0, 14KOs), is ready to face Lomachenko for that title.

Russell is the mandatory challenger to the WBO belt. Prior to Lomachenko's fight with then champion Orlando Salido, the sanctioning body had ordered the winner to face Russell.

However, Salido lost his title on the scale when he failed to make weight for last Saturday's fight in San Antonio. The title remained vacant after Salido won a twelve round split decision over Lomachenko.

Because Salido was overweight and rehydrated to 147-pounds by fight night, the WBO was willing to give Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medal winner, an immediate crack at the belt.

"I think that's great [with Lomachenko getting another shot], then he'll have to fight Gary Russell....no problem, bring it on," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

Because Lomachenko is promoted by Top Rank, a direct deal with Golden Boy is unlikely. The two companies have not come together to make a direct deal in several years.

Schaefer confirms that Russell-Lomachenko, if ordered by the WBO, would head to an immediate purse bid - with both powerhouse companies opening their checkbooks to secure the promotional rights.

"Exactly, may the promoter who has the deeper pockets win. We're just going to see who that's going to be," Schaefer said.

my take on this....:patrice:

on one hand....this is what GRjr deserves. he dont deserve no easy path to the title. I dont have much of a problem with it. at the same time....is Loma really deserving to fight for the title himself? he did go forward with the Salido fight and lost. you can say they cancel each other out...plus the WBO has no shame. its another TR spin move to quickly "rebuild" a prized jewel after a surprising loss. kinda akin to Bread saying that Prov deserves a shot at May more than Maidana. :ehh:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I need to go back and watch because I missed that the first time. (I havent replayed a fight for a few years now) But.....if Maidana was doing this...and Broner was falling for it...then....

:mjlol:

because although Morales used to do that, it was rarely effective against TOP level opposition. he couldnt do that on Barrera, Manny, or any other top level fighter he faced...not with repeated and great success. it did however work for those tune up level fighters. thats like a fukkin flea-flicker in football. shyt dont work against high caliber defense. as I said...if AB was falling for that then :snoop: because Maidana isnt very fast in comparison to top WWs, and doesnt even have the savvy that Morales has to be pulling that shyt. in fact...he probably stole it from Morales when he got his ass outboxed in them later rounds. :mjpls:

sn: Jeff also says Mayweather-Maidana is gonna look like Mayweather-Gatti....which is a likely prediction.

Floyd getting that old man strength now. It's going to look like the typical Floyd fight by the fifth round. All that disregarding Floyd shyt is going to stop when he can't see out of his left eye.