Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well i just logged in and saw this shyt. :upsetfavre:

he should get gangsta dresta to do his ring entrance:upsetfavre:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75300#ixzz2v6LAFPT7
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ward's Trainer: Golovkin-Chavez = Picking and Choosing

Posted by: Rick Reeno on 3/5/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

by Rick Reeno

Virgil Hunter, trainer of WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (27-0, 14KOs), is very surprised that WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (29-0, 26KOs) and his team are considering the possibility of moving up in weight to challenge Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at 168-pounds.

The idea of a Ward-Golovkin showdown has been discussed, numerous times, by both fighters.

Ward is ready to do the fight right now. However, during an interview last month with BoxingScene.com/Allboxing.ru, Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez made it clear that his boxer had unfinished business at middleweight and he would rather have Golovkin explore every possible option at 160 - and then consider the possibility of moving up.

"If it were my choice, I would first like to see if all of our avenues are exhausted at middleweight. [WBO champion Peter] Quillin is running. If Quillin just says that he doesn't want to fight with Gennady, then we'll forget about him. If [WBC champion Sergio] Martinez doesn't fight us, then we are left with [Felix] Sturm, who is still a champion [of the IBF]. Because not all of these possibilities have been exhausted, I do not think it is fair to ask Gennady to move up. I would like to see him unify the titles, if that's possible, and then we can move up," Sanchez said.

But, if Golovkin decides to move up in weight for a fight with Chavez Jr. in the fall, Hunter feels very strongly that Golovkin and his camp are simply "picking and choosing" their opponents.

"Before anything, my condolences go out to Golovkin and his entire family on the passing of his father," Hunter told BoxingScene.com.

"The last time a weight issue was mentioned with Golovkin, he said he intended to stay at 160 because there was unfinished business there and they had no intentions of moving up to 168. My take on it is this, if they do move up to 168 [to fight Chavez Jr.] it would give us a clear indication of what's really going - that they are in the picking and choosing business."

"That is going to classify as being in the picking and choosing business, because he said he wanted to stay down at middleweight and had no intentions of moving up to 168. It sorts of reiterates what Andre had said earlier, where it just leaves you scratching your head. We are just going to stay focused on what we do and eventually we hope to meet both of them in the ring."

GGG dont want those problems with the son of God

#SOGGang

:lawd:

Ward should have fought bute but he let froch take that payday:snoop:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I bet AB becomes a champion at 140 before Lucas Matthysse does:camby:

And if they fight, your bytchass can be part of the avi bet that I have on deck with @SuikodenII

Anybody that's repping Lucas Matthysse will be wearing #BandCamp avi's for a month before it's all said and done
You my breh but LM would knock AB the fukk out man

cinna_man

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What's up with the state of boxing? My uncle says that there were scandals back in the 60s/70s which made it lose popularity and allowed the NFL and NBA, among other leagues, to take over. (I guess boxing was the #1 spectator sport at one time). Ever since, we've seen less and less talent at the higher levels. For instance, who the hell is the next great heavyweight? The only young fighter without serious blemishes is Tyson Fury, and I'm not too hot on him. So what's everyone's take?

I'm thinking that maybe MMA will continue to rise in popularity and be sort of what boxing once was. I see more elite talent in the UFC, and they actually fight each other!