Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Styles make fights N there's nothing about ABs style that would trouble Matthysse

Broner stays in the pocket N isn't active, doesn't throw to the body, no head movement

Imagine AB getting hit with that hook that slept Lamont or the right that knocked Swifts mouthpiece out:damn:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
What's up with the state of boxing? My uncle says that there were scandals back in the 60s/70s which made it lose popularity and allowed the NFL and NBA, among other leagues, to take over. (I guess boxing was the #1 spectator sport at one time). Ever since, we've seen less and less talent at the higher levels. For instance, who the hell is the next great heavyweight? The only young fighter without serious blemishes is Tyson Fury, and I'm not too hot on him. So what's everyone's take?

I'm thinking that maybe MMA will continue to rise in popularity and be sort of what boxing once was. I see more elite talent in the UFC, and they actually fight each other!

:stopitslime:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
What's up with the state of boxing? My uncle says that there were scandals back in the 60s/70s which made it lose popularity and allowed the NFL and NBA, among other leagues, to take over. (I guess boxing was the #1 spectator sport at one time). Ever since, we've seen less and less talent at the higher levels. For instance, who the hell is the next great heavyweight? The only young fighter without serious blemishes is Tyson Fury, and I'm not too hot on him. So what's everyone's take?

I'm thinking that maybe MMA will continue to rise in popularity and be sort of what boxing once was. I see more elite talent in the UFC, and they actually fight each other!

breh, asking who the next great heavyweight in 2014 is equivalent to asking where's waldo :laff:

nobody gives a fuk about the division and hasn't in almost 10 years. boxing is still alive and well regardless of how bad the division looks.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Why not? I like watching highlights of the older guys.

Would you like the NBA as much if there weren't any players above 6'2"?
there'd probably be more overall skill than a bunch of genetic freaks jumping high and flopping all over the place, tbh

fukk outta here with that athletic specimen stuff, skill and brains are what counts

gonna go make a thread, *YOINK*

cinna_man

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Cali
there'd probably be more overall skill than a bunch of genetic freaks jumping high and flopping all over the place, tbh

fukk outta here with that athletic specimen stuff, skill and brains are what counts

gonna go make a thread, *YOINK*
That may be, but do you want to watch the most skilled players/fighters, or the best players/fighters?

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Styles make fights N there's nothing about ABs style that would trouble Matthysse

Broner stays in the pocket N isn't active, doesn't throw to the body, no head movement

Imagine AB getting hit with that hook that slept Lamont or the right that knocked Swifts mouthpiece out:damn:

yeah, you need movement for Matthysse, it troubles him. if you sit in the pocket you are basically a sitting duck for him to get his power off. AB style is wrong. cant hope to counter a big puncher...its a recipe for disaster. jab and movement keeps Matthysse in check.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a bad bad bad matchup for broner breh #MatthysseMafia would wreck shop on AB

Zab doesnt have a light chin. he takes a good punch. he just wasnt in the Khan fight. he was losing with no shot a coming back, so they stopped it. Zab chin is pretty good. he has been wobbled but he hasnt been starched. AB has a good chin too but at WW I wouldnt say its better than Zab. Maidana's power was a bit much for him but he adjusted to it well. Matthysee hits hard with both hands. I know you were arguing that Maidana is better. I think they may be equal at least but Maidana style is crude while Matthysse is more methodical. both have advantages and disadvantages with respective styles....but Matthysse style worse for AB than MM. In fact I would favor Broner more in a rematch with MM than in a match with Matthysse right now.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

boxing is more corrupt than any other sport as far as allowing any and everyone to come in and get money without really earning it. too many sanctioning bodies. too much incentive for judges to score for the home fighter. promoters, managers, and advisors are either at odds or in cahoots. networks promoting the next big thing....all sports do this but the quality selected in boxing is pitiful. a fighter like Wilder would get killed in pre-2000 era. he is basically the new Fraudley. boxing has many issues that are hard to correct.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...eight-champion-carlos-molina-jailed-ahead-bou

"We're still working on getting him out of jail," Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules told ESPN.com on Thursday after Molina was a no show at the final news conference. "There is an immigration hold on him and we're trying to figure everything out. I'm doing my best. Carlos just said, 'Get me out, I want to fight.'"

Molina, 30, of Chicago, was arrested in Las Vegas on Tuesday morning on an outstanding warrant from 2007 in Wisconsin because he failed to register as a sex offender. But even after the warrant was taken care of Thursday and Molina had been granted bail, his release was denied when Las Vegas police learned that he was also wanted by immigration officials.

"In 2001, when he was 18 years old -- and I'm just learning all this this week -- he got arrested for statutory rape. She was 16 or 15, two teenagers," Margules, who is also an attorney, said. "Not knowing how it would impact his life at all, he pled guilty to time served in Appleton, Wis., and did three years probation and never registered as a sex offender. That was what the warrant was for. I worked it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at least Molina aint a creepy pedophile.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...eight-champion-carlos-molina-jailed-ahead-bou

"We're still working on getting him out of jail," Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules told ESPN.com on Thursday after Molina was a no show at the final news conference. "There is an immigration hold on him and we're trying to figure everything out. I'm doing my best. Carlos just said, 'Get me out, I want to fight.'"

Molina, 30, of Chicago, was arrested in Las Vegas on Tuesday morning on an outstanding warrant from 2007 in Wisconsin because he failed to register as a sex offender. But even after the warrant was taken care of Thursday and Molina had been granted bail, his release was denied when Las Vegas police learned that he was also wanted by immigration officials.

"In 2001, when he was 18 years old -- and I'm just learning all this this week -- he got arrested for statutory rape. She was 16 or 15, two teenagers," Margules, who is also an attorney, said. "Not knowing how it would impact his life at all, he pled guilty to time served in Appleton, Wis., and did three years probation and never registered as a sex offender. That was what the warrant was for. I worked it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at least Molina aint a creepy pedophile.

:whew:..a simple misunderstanding...basically he got caught up in the bullshyt legalities...they need to let that nikka out then..he's no sex offender