Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So @Newzz is your boy ducking Khan..........:patrice:

Weren't you last week tearing down Floydie and calling him all types of bytches for ducking Khan:mjpls:

Well Khan brings something different to the table than every other Broner opponenet...............Speed vs Speed:skip:.................:mjlol:

bytch ass dikkriding ass nikka:childplease:

nikka, dont address me without saying "Sir" first:ufdup:

Secondly, when did I ever say Floyd "ducked" Khan?

I said Khan vs Floyd is the better fight......and it's still true. I already seen Floyd vs Maidana multiple times.

Third, bytch nikka, Broner never said he wouldnt fight Khan. The option to fight Broner is there for Khan, but he wont accept it. The fukking head of shotwime said it himself:ufdup:

If Khan wants to Broner, they can fight at 144....what's the problem? Khan cant make 144 now?:dead:

Any other fighter given the opportunity to be guaranteed to fight Floyd in September if they beat Adrien Broner at 144 would jump at it........................Khan turns it down:birdman:

Quit acting stupid lil nikka:pacspit:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

this is one of the best fights that can be made for both AB and Khan. the fight needs to be made, if not, they need to each come up with some solid opponents. Molina is a tune up fight and those are the type of fights AB should really be avoiding. He dont need tune ups, he needs fights to show that he had an off night.

my problem with him being hell bent on 140 is...why now? he shouldve went there right after Paulie. really, it behooves both for the fight to take place at 147. if AB is gonna fight at 140 it may as well be Peterson. :manny:

for business reasons, a fight at 140 mostly benefits AB. a fight at 147 equally benefits them both.

A fight at 147 does NOT benefit them both when Broner's camp said back in January that regardless if the win/lose/draw with Maidana, OR if they dont fight Maidana at all, they were moving down to 140. This aint brand new news breh.

However, Floyd Mayweather said that if Amir Khan fights Broner at a catchweight of 144 (since Khan is moving up and Broner is moving down)

Fighting at 147 only benefits Khan, because he wants to campaign at that weight. Stafford already said they werent supposed to fight Maidana. The plan was to fight Paulie, win the belt, and then go back to 140. Broner changed the plan by not listening to management and lost by agreeing to fight Maidana.

Can someone please explain to me why a fighter who's last fight was in April of last year at 140, has never weighed in to a fight at more than 142, cannot fight at 144 for a chance to fight Floyd Mayweather at 147 next?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Khan should be on the card regardless, if he wants that sep fight?

Exactly.

He CAN take the fight with Broner at 144 and get Floyd Mayweather next guaranteed, but he doesnt want it. He also doesnt want to fight Kell Brook for 5 million dollars. He also doesnt want to fight Devon Alexander or Keith Thurman at 147.

I mean, what the fukk does he want?!:mindblown:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Exactly
He CAN take the fight with Broner at 144 and get Floyd Mayweather next guaranteed, but he doesnt want it. He also doesnt want to fight Kell Brook for 5 million dollars. He also doesnt want to fight Devon Alexander or Keith Thurman at 147.

I mean, what the fukk does he want?!:mindblown:

i thought he made a call out on broner and porter?147 v broner is cool?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i thought he made a call out on broner and porter?147 v broner is cool?

In January, Broner's trainer said that AB was going down to 140....regardless of the result with Maidana in a rematch. He also said that was the plan prior. to fighting Maidana the 1st time, but AB didnt listen to his management. Mike Stafford also said that if they do not fight Maidana, then they are going to 140 period.

Al Haymon knew this, Floyd Mayweather knew this, Richard Schaeffer knew this, Stephen Espinoza knew this, the ENTIRE #TheRing knew this, because I posted about it repeatedly.

Floyd came out, I think 2 days ago, and said to Amir Khan "since AB is going down to 140 and you're coming up to 147, yall should meet on my PPV at a catchweight of 144. And if you beat Broner, and you wont, we can fight next"

Khan's response was "FM is full of shyt"

Now, apparently lost in all this is the fact that Khan claims he contacted Broner's management and they turned down the fight at 147. No shyt. AB's going to 140. Of course they are turning down all offers at 147. However, Khan has NEVER mentioned that he contacted AB's team to fight at 144, like Floyd said.

Khan is manipulating the public way too easy here. If Floyd said fight him at 144 and you can fight me, why is Khan not taking up that offer? It's fukking 3 pounds away from 147. Khan has never even weighed into a fight more than 142 pounds. I mean come on:dead:

They SHOULD fight, but at 144. It's right in the middle and they BOTH can keep moving up/down after the fight. Plus, THATS what FLOYD offered.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Once again:snoop:

Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=74009#ixzz2v87rwuB4
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

BoxingScene.com: As a father figure, do you think that maybe being a welterweight is too much for Broner if those flush shots are causing that kind of damage early on?

Stafford: “Well, you know, I would say Adrien is a full-fledged lightweight, ’35, ’40-pounder. We had to make him eat to make weight. Most welterweights like Maidana are coming down from 180, 185. We really weren’t actually going to fight at welterweight. We was going to go back down to ’40 anyway, you know what I’m saying?”

BoxingScene.com: So why stay at welterweight and do this rematch?

Stafford: “Because of the fact of what happened. He wanted to get his rematch. If we would’ve gotten the decision, we’d have gone down to 140 anyway. It just so happens that the timing was we had to go up to 147 to get the 147 title. Then we got the 147 title because we couldn’t fight nobody at ’40 or ’35. Ricky Burns, none of them guys didn’t want to fight, and everybody at ’40 had a fight.

“So we was kind of forced to go up there. We didn’t want to leave the kid sitting on the shelf, you know. It was a shot there for Paulie, and we got Paulie, and then we turned around and his mandatory was fighting Maidana. It’s just situations like that. Basically we was going to go back down to 140 anyway.”

BoxingScene.com: So it’s down to 140, then, whether Adrien wins or loses against Maidana?

Stafford: “Yeah, 140.”

BoxingScene.com: Not 135?

Stafford: “I mean, if the money’s there, he can make 135. If the fight’s there, he can make it, but the fight’s gotta be there and the money’s gotta be there.”

So, none of this matters even though this was over a month and 1/2 ago?

Their plan was to go back to 140 PRIOR to Amir Khan losing out on the Floyd sweepstakes. But yall telling mesince Khan calls him out, he should stay there at 147 to fight Khan because this fukking Junior Welterweight, who has never weighed in at over 142, is acting like he suddenly can no longer make even 144?:comeon:

Why wont Khan agree to fight Broner at 144?:mindblown:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Floyd Mayweather on December 25th, 2013 saying that Broner should fight on his PPV on May 3rd at 140:ufdup:

"I don't think he should be focused on chasing the Maidana fight. I think what would be a good move for him is this. May 3, fight on my undercard," said Mayweather, 36, who is widely speculated to be ready to announce that he will face England's Amir Khan in his next bout soon. "You know, fight a solid guy at 140, get back on track and get your career in order.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/182689-trainer-on-adrien-broner-hell-be-back

I mean, let's be serious. Yall acting like this is brand new or something. Funny thing is alot of yall in here were LAUGHING at this quote, but now that yall see that AB and his team (including Haymon/Schaeffer/Mayweather) all agreed on the move to 140, yall mad at AB:ufdup:

No, be mad that a fighter who has never weighed more than 142 is DUCKING the fight at a catchweight of 144 against Adrien Broner.

As far as I know, and from Khan's own twitter posts, he's never contacted #BandCamp about fighting at 144 like Floyd said. He wants to make his own rules, so he needs to find his own opponents then:manny:

shyt's crazy. Khan is a 140 fighter asked to come up 4 pounds and fight an opponent who's coming down 3 pounds with the opportunity to guarantee you fight Mayweather next...........and you turn it down?:dead:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I want Broner-Khan for the fukkery, but if that doesn't get made, I want to see my boy One Time knock Khan all over the ring.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Floyd Mayweather on December 25th, 2013 saying that Broner should fight on his PPV on May 3rd at 140:ufdup:

I mean, let's be serious. Yall acting like this is brand new or something. Funny thing is alot of yall in here were LAUGHING at this quote, but now that yall see that AB and his team (including Haymon/Schaeffer/Mayweather) all agreed on the move to 140, yall mad at AB:ufdup:

No, be mad that a fighter who has never weighed more than 142 is DUCKING the fight at a catchweight of 144 against Adrien Broner.

As far as I know, and from Khan's own twitter posts, he's never contacted #BandCamp about fighting at 144 like Floyd said. He wants to make his own rules, so he needs to find his own opponents then:manny:

shyt's crazy. Khan is a 140 fighter asked to come up 4 pounds and fight an opponent who's coming down 3 pounds with the opportunity to guarantee you fight Mayweather next...........and you turn it down?:dead:

Why are you so scared of Khan at 147?

:dwillhuh:

Broner has the advantages of fighting at that weight twice . . :yeshrug: