Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I look at Amir Khan's actions, he just doesn't seem like a guy interested in boxing anymore. It's like he wants to fight Floyd for a payday & than retire. Even though he's only 27, he has been boxing since he was 10 years old. I suppose this can cause issues when it comes to motivation. I believe he would have comfortably UD'd Alexander & he could be getting ready for the Mayweather fight. Instead, he's on the outside bitter about not getting the big fight. You gotta make things happen. Nygga doesn't know how to hustle

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Why are you so scared of Khan at 147?

:dwillhuh:

Broner has the advantages of fighting at that weight twice . . :yeshrug:

:snoop:

I think Im done trying to explain to u guys the facts:shakemyhead:

I posted even the Head of Showtime Sports saying that the problem is that Khan is not willing to fight at anything other than 147, while the offer was to fight at 144, so that both fighters are convenienced, and you ask me this?:beli:

Ask yourself this. Why is a fighter, who has never weighed in at more than 142, so adverse to fighting Broner at a catchweight of 144 and a guarantee that he will be next in line to fight Mayweather if he wins?:patrice:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
:snoop:

I think Im done trying to explain to u guys the facts:shakemyhead:

I posted even the Head of Showtime Sports saying that the problem is that Khan is not willing to fight at anything other than 147, while the offer was to fight at 144, so that both fighters are convenienced, and you ask me this?:beli:

Ask yourself this. Why is a fighter, who has never weighed in at more than 142, so adverse to fighting Broner at a catchweight of 144 and a guarantee that he will be next in line to fight Mayweather if he wins?:patrice:

Facts? Broner has fought 2 times at 147. Khan hasnt at all - surely this is an advantage for Broner, how can you disagree? The only fighter convenienced is Floyd if they fight at 142 or 144 :yeshrug: . Unless Floyds dropping to 144 for his september fight? :ohhh:

I guess Khan wants to dip his feet at 147 if he's expecting to fight Floyd in Sept? I wouldnt be surprised if Khan breaks off and goes for Pac to cash out if a Floyd fight doesnt happen. Also theres no guarantee to fight Floyd, so I dont blame Khan. Wasnt the winner of that twitter poll supposed to fight him May 3rd? What happened there?

So answer . . . why are you so scared of Khan at 147? :bryan:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Facts? Broner has fought 2 times at 147. Khan hasnt at all - surely this is an advantage for Broner, how can you disagree? The only fighter convenienced is Floyd if they fight at 142 or 144 :yeshrug: . Unless Floyds dropping to 144 for his september fight? :ohhh:

I guess Khan wants to dip his feet at 147 if he's expecting to fight Floyd in Sept? I wouldnt be surprised if Khan breaks off and goes for Pac to cash out if a Floyd fight doesnt happen. Also theres no guarantee to fight Floyd, so I dont blame Khan. Wasnt the winner of that twitter poll supposed to fight him May 3rd? What happened there?

So answer . . . why are you so scared of Khan at 147? :bryan:

I don't care what weight they fight at personally. Khan cant beat AB at 130, 135, 140, or 147.

HOWEVER

AB's moving to 140, so why would I even consider the thought of Khan vs Broner if it ain't at 144? B roners team is not fighting anyone at 147, so why discuss it?

Floyd said AB and Khan need to meet at 144. If Khan agrees to that and Broner doesn't, then we can talk. Right now, they're both heading to opposite divisions. Their best bet is to meet in the middle at 144.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I don't care what weight they fight at personally. Khan cant beat AB at 130, 135, 140, or 147.

HOWEVER

AB's moving to 140, so why would I even consider the thought of Khan vs Broner if it ain't at 144? B roners team is not fighting anyone at 147, so why discuss it?

Floyd said AB and Khan need to meet at 144. If Khan agrees to that and Broner doesn't, then we can talk. Right now, they're both heading to opposite divisions. Their best bet is to meet in the middle at 144.

Why is Broner moving to 140? :bryan:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
merklman said:
Why is Broner moving to 140? :bryan:

Wow:snoop:
See what I mean @Tuaminator? People are acting clueless though I keep posting the same things over and over:mindblown:

Merklman, please read my post #44125 and #44126

I keep having to repeat myself:dead:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna make this simple regarding the weight argument that I've seen on the last couple of pages about Khan & Broner.

Fighters go where the money is. Khan is a bigger draw than Broner with a huge UK fanbase. He has such a huge fan base, he nearly got the Mayweather fight without doing shyt. Khan would be his biggest payday. That's the reality of the situation. The draw will get whatever advantage they can get in their favor. That is how the game is played. No need for back & forth argument. Whatever weight Khan wants to fight at, is the weight they should fight at. There is no point arguing for "your guy." "Your guy" is the same person that will turn around & make a guy move up to fight him where he's comfortable at.

I would say the same thing if Mayweather pulled some shyt on Maidana & said you know what, let's make the fight at 154. If would be wack, but as the draw he has that right. If you want the draw's spot, you gotta beat him.

When Mayweather fought Oscar, Oscar had every single advantage in his favor from the weight, gloves, ring size, & Mayweather took his spot. I'm not saying Khan is a draw like Oscar at all, but he's the bigger draw in this situation & should be able to dictate the weight.

Last edited:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Wow:snoop:
See what I mean @Tuaminator? People are acting clueless though I keep posting the same things over and over:mindblown:

To answer your question merklman.....here ya go again:

I keep having to repeat myself:dead:

You havent answered the question though. What is the boxing reason for him moving down to 140??? All youve told me is that was the plan before maidana .. . .

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We don't even know if AB was down for 144 vs Khan

All we know is Floyd suggested it N Khan said he's full of shif

Khan could have said that for many reasons, including AB turning the catchweight down...we've heard nothing from AB regarding fighting Khan but tough talk...meanwhile Khan is tweeting that ABs team turned them down at 147 or Khan asking for team Broner to get in contact with him

Espinoza says the fight won't happen unless its a catchweight N yet #bandcamp assumes its Khan that doesn't want the fight...when it just as well could be Broner turning down the catchweight

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You havent answered the question though. What is the boxing reason for him moving down to 140??? All youve told me is that was the plan before maidana .. . .

He feels he will be stronger and can take punches better at 140 than at 147.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
We don't even know if AB was down for 144 vs Khan

All we know is Floyd suggested it N Khan said he's full of shif

Khan could have said that for many reasons, including AB turning the catchweight down...we've heard nothing from AB regarding fighting Khan but tough talk...meanwhile Khan is tweeting for ABs team turned them down at 147 or Khan asking for team Broner to get in contact with him

Espinoza says the fight won't happen unless its a catchweight N yet #bandcamp assumes its Khan that doesn't want the fight...when it just as well could be Broner turning down the catchweight

Broner wants to get down to 140 to give Garcia his first loss. That's what its all about:youngsabo: