Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Now.....when
Khan hasn't fought at 140 since Dec 2012

Khan wants to fight Mayweather the 147 lb champ

What sense does it make to fight at 140 if you're Khan??:stopitslime:

Now AB last 2 fights have been at 147...he wanted Maidana rematch at 147 but for some reason he can't fight Khan there??

Khan brings a hell of a lot more money then Molina, a W over Khan elevates AB back to where he wassince all the casuals will see it as Broner beat the Man calling Floyd out

There is absolutely No Reason not to fight Khan...he's not a big puncher the weight shouldn't matter

N let's not forget that its corny to call out nikkas N make memes of nikkas you have no intention of fighting right?? Right??:youngsabo:

No, because fighting Khan at 147 does what?:what:

Nothing. Khan doesnt have a belt or even when AB beats him, yall already think Khan's a bum anyways.......what's the incentive to stay around at 147 to fight for nothing?:dwillhuh:

You fight Molina at 140, beat him, and then you're in position to call out Danny Garcia or Lamont Peterson for their 140 Titles in your very next fight. Fighting Khan delays that process, because AB and his Team wants to move down in weight regardless. If it was such a big deal, why didnt Khan agree to fight Broner at 144 like Floyd said?:mjpls:

Regardless of all the TWITTER posts Khan is making, he hasnt once said well lets do it then after Floyd made the "Beat Broner at 144 and we fight next" offer:ufdup:

Before then he was all hype about what he would do, but when Floyd dropped the challenge, now it's all memes and slick talk...............but no "Yes, let's get it on" posts. Broner is the one posting talking about is this what the people wanna see. Broner is the one saying he will fight Khan. Floyd laid it out, fight each other at 144, and Khan has NEVER responded back to it:dead:

Fighting Maidana in a rematch at 147 for your title is much different than fighting some random nikka who aint ever fought at 147 when he's moving down in weight anyways. You're framing the story in Khan's favor, I see you:smugbiden:, but the TRUTH is Khan called BRONER out.....not the other way around, when it was PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE since January that Broner was moving down to 140 if he didnt get the rematch with Maidana or win/lose/draw in the rematch. shyt didnt change because Khan's mad:dead:

If Khan wants to fight Broner, why doesnt he say ok to Mayweather's offer then? He's avoiding talking about the actual fight, rather, posting memes and slick talk. And to answer your last sentence, you're right. That's why Khan shouldnt have called Broner out.......it's corny:birdman:

Khan has not said, shown, or spoken any words about fighting Broner since Mayweather tweeted him directly. Just pics, memes, and slick talk:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I havent been impressed either but I havent seen that much of them. I cant say either way how good I think they may be.

I liked how Jermell Charlo looked in there againt Gabe Rosado. Looked much more impressive than Kid Chocolate did in there:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Dude look like a Orthodox Lara.

Yeah....he seemed like he "may" be the goods. The jury is still out ya know, because I believe Rosado is the biggest name EITHER of them have beaten.

On another note, Errol Spence is on the rise this year....the Charlo's are gonna have a problem with him and Demetrius Andrade at 154:mjpls:

The future at 154 is looking goooooooooooood:ohlawd:

Canelo, Lara, Charlos, Andrade, Spence:blessed:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75300#ixzz2v6LAFPT7
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ward's Trainer: Golovkin-Chavez = Picking and Choosing

Posted by: Rick Reeno on 3/5/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

by Rick Reeno

Virgil Hunter, trainer of WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (27-0, 14KOs), is very surprised that WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (29-0, 26KOs) and his team are considering the possibility of moving up in weight to challenge Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at 168-pounds.

The idea of a Ward-Golovkin showdown has been discussed, numerous times, by both fighters.

Ward is ready to do the fight right now. However, during an interview last month with BoxingScene.com/Allboxing.ru, Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez made it clear that his boxer had unfinished business at middleweight and he would rather have Golovkin explore every possible option at 160 - and then consider the possibility of moving up.

"If it were my choice, I would first like to see if all of our avenues are exhausted at middleweight. [WBO champion Peter] Quillin is running. If Quillin just says that he doesn't want to fight with Gennady, then we'll forget about him. If [WBC champion Sergio] Martinez doesn't fight us, then we are left with [Felix] Sturm, who is still a champion [of the IBF]. Because not all of these possibilities have been exhausted, I do not think it is fair to ask Gennady to move up. I would like to see him unify the titles, if that's possible, and then we can move up," Sanchez said.

But, if Golovkin decides to move up in weight for a fight with Chavez Jr. in the fall, Hunter feels very strongly that Golovkin and his camp are simply "picking and choosing" their opponents.

"Before anything, my condolences go out to Golovkin and his entire family on the passing of his father," Hunter told BoxingScene.com.

"The last time a weight issue was mentioned with Golovkin, he said he intended to stay at 160 because there was unfinished business there and they had no intentions of moving up to 168. My take on it is this, if they do move up to 168 [to fight Chavez Jr.] it would give us a clear indication of what's really going - that they are in the picking and choosing business."

"That is going to classify as being in the picking and choosing business, because he said he wanted to stay down at middleweight and had no intentions of moving up to 168. It sorts of reiterates what Andre had said earlier, where it just leaves you scratching your head. We are just going to stay focused on what we do and eventually we hope to meet both of them in the ring."

GGG dont want those problems with the son of God

#SOGGang

:lawd:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
And another thing, Khan might as well take that fight with Kell Brook at 147 who's been calling him out for a couple years now.....even offering Khan 5 million to fight, but Khan is ducking him.

Khan wants to fight at 147, Kell Brook may be the easiest opponent he can get that would get him a shot at Floyd.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
i agree, khan says brook is a easy win so why doesnt he take it. he wont make a bigger payday other than the floyd fight.

@Newzz your passion in here is fun to watch, hope your boy settles at 140

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Amir Khan Offered $5M to Fight Kell Brook as Eddie Hearn Names Next Opponent
By Tom Sunderland , Featured ColumnistMar 5, 2014
Next ARTICLE »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
hi-res-b8bdbcf62331d6785beb1b7172a8ca32_crop_north.jpg

Scott Heavey/Getty Images
Reads
Comments
Eddie Hearn has spoken of his desire to see Amir Khan climb back into the ring with Kell Brook as his next opponent, detailing that he's offered the Bolton-born boxer $5 million (£3 million) for the bout.

Speaking in a Daily Mail column, Hearn opened up not only about his enthusiasm for this particular fight, but even went on to back Brook for the win:

I think Kell Brook would knock Amir Khan out. I'm positive about that. Now it's time to try to make the fight. That's the hard part.

I have spoken to Golden Boy Promotions, Khan's people in the US, and made Khan an offer of $5million. I'm not sure if it will happen this summer because Khan seems to be under the impression that he's above fighting Kell, but that is a fight I would love to see.

The Matchroom Sport promoter is fresh after sealing the deal on another all-British affair of titanic proportions, following the announcement that George Groves and Carl Froch will rematch for the WBA and IBF super middleweight titles at Wembley Stadium on May 31.

Hearn goes on to give more information on Brook's upcoming prospects:

Kell will be warming up for his IBF title shot against Shawn Porter with a fight in Liverpool on March 15 and I can reveal here that it will be against the Mexican welterweight champion Alvaro Robles, who has 17 wins (15 KOs) and two losses. If Kell wins that, Shawn Porter will have to defend his IBF world title against him this summer. The only fight Kell would sidestep that for is Khan.

Khan has a lot to lose against Brook. If he gets knocked out, and I believe he will, I think that his career is over. He thinks he can fight Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather and then Kell Brook. The problem with that is Brook will go off and fight Porter and if he wins that title then there is no way Khan will be getting $5m as a challenger. Take your risks Amir, but realise what you are turning down.

Khan is still reeling from the news that his dream bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. is no longer on the table, with the American now confirmed to be facing Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas on May 3.

hi-res-5df0e56d32d7f7575ebbf48ce05a77e1_crop_exact.jpg

Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

However, Mayweather has left the door open for a potential face-off in the future, per the Press Association (h/t The Guardian), saying that the two will meet—if Khan can beat Adrien Broner.

This is speculation that hasn't gone unnoticed by the Briton, either, with Khan taking to his Twitter account in order to air his views on a Broner matchup.

Brook is an intriguing avenue for Khan to explore, unbeaten in 31 fights, 21 of his wins coming by way of knockout, according to BoxRec. However, some may see it as a drop for Khan to eye up such a fixture considering that his name is being batted about with overseas names, some of a significantly larger profile.

That being said, it's refreshing for Hearn to talk so candidly about a concrete offer for Khan, with the last few months providing little else other than rumours and speculation on whom the 27-year-old will fight next.

If Hearn has stumped up such a hefty fee for the pair to fight, it puts all the pressure on Khan, who knows he looks like he is ducking Brook by not fighting him.

With an offer on the table, Khan will now be under increased pressure to take a fight on home soil against Sheffield native Brook, or continue his search for brighter lights on a bigger stage.

Khan better take that offer and quit running:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i agree, khan says brook is a easy win so why doesnt he take it. he wont make a bigger payday other than the floyd fight.

@Newzz your passion in here is fun to watch, hope your boy settles at 140

:salute:

It's just funny watching people who JUST said Khan is a bum and is horrible, turn around and say that Broner should STAY at 147 to fight Khan........who brings nothing to the table if Broner wins. What does Broner get out of beating Khan at 147? He's still going down to 140 afterwards:manny:

nikkas want Broner to do Khan a favor and stay at 147 for one more fight?:heh:

And then my boy @ChocolateGiddyUp compares Broner fighting Khan to rematching Marcos Maidana for the 147 Championship:dead:

And for the record, Khan ONLY wants to fight Broner at 147, regardless of the fact that Floyd told him that Broner was going down to 140. That it was reported by Broner's trainer in January that he was going down to 140. That I was talking shyt on HERE about #BandCamp going down to 140. All that doesnt matter, because Khan didnt get picked and we supposed to jump and stay at 147 for HIM? No titles on the line or nothing?:snoop:

Nah:ufdup:

Khan aint ever fought at 147 and CAN meet Broner at 144 for a catchweight. He doesnt want to do that, so #BandCamp moves on then:manny:

Hell, Khan can call out Devon Alexander still, but doesnt want to fight at 147 forreal unless it's for major money. Only Floyd and Adrien Broner on Golden Boy can provide that for him.

He better take that 5 million offer from Kell Brook and quit playing:birdman:

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Khan would be the best name on ABs resume BY FAR

He would offer the biggest pay day to AB BY FAR

AB beating Khan on the undercard would put the lil nikka back to where he was before the L....All those casuals would see "the next Mayweather" beat the nikka who has been talking shyt N calling out Floyd for Months

@Newzz that seems like quite a lot to gain to me

N let's not act like GBP couldn't get AB a Peterson match right after Khan...but somehow beating a lightweight gets him in the 140 mix:comeon:

The weight shouldn't be an issue since Khan isn't a big puncher N ABs last 2 fights been at 147

N Khan tweeted last night that ABs team don't want them problems N to stfu with the tough twitter talk knowing he won't fight Khan...which is corny

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Khan would be the best name on ABs resume BY FAR

He would offer the biggest pay day to AB BY FAR

AB beating Khan on the undercard would put the lil nikka back to where he was before the L....All those casuals would see "the next Mayweather" beat the nikka who has been talking shyt N calling out Floyd for Months

@Newzz that seems like quite a lot to gain to me

N let's not act like GBP couldn't get AB a Peterson match right after Khan...but somehow beating a lightweight gets him in the 140 mix:comeon:

The weight shouldn't be an issue since Khan isn't a big puncher N ABs last 2 fights been at 147

N Khan tweeted last night that ABs team don't want them problems N to stfu with the tough twitter talk knowing he won't fight Khan...which is corny

First off, how is Molina a "lightweight" when he is moving UP to 140 and Broner is moving DOWN to 140? They are one in the same. Was Broner a "lightweight" when he fought Malignaggi for his 147 title in his very 1st fight at 147? i dont remember anyone saying anything was wrong with that. Just posts about how Paulie "should've won":usure:

2ndly, Khan tweeted this:

[/URL]

No, we''re not interested at 147 and that wasnt the offer given to him by Floyd. Floyd said specifically for them to fight at a catchweight of 144 since Broner is moving down to 140 and Khan is moving up to 147.

Khan is not willing to accept that offer and by moving the goal posts, it's obvious he doesnt want that fight.