Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree

vera was tagging him with ease, GGG has much more power than vera and is faster

chavez benefits alot from being heavier than all his opponents

dunno how guys like this spoilt guy who is regularly given gift decisions

I am not saying JCCjr is great...just dont see where GGG is really better. Sergio wouldve beat GGG's ass too.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I don't think I've ever seen Jnr or GGG hurt. That shyt would be a war. fukk Ward. Honestly, I'm not trying to see him fight anyone. But GGG, Murray, Geale, Chavez, Froch, Groves, Pascal, Adonis, and Krusher K is an exciting group of brehs from 160-175.

i think last night sealed the deal, that ward is Fukked with a capital F. None of these guys are targeting him and not to mention none of them NEED him for a fight. stevenson, pascal, don't need to leave montreal for a fight, same with froch in the uk, ggg aint moving up to 168, and kovalev has hopkins and stevenson on the radar, jcc and his team aren't interested in a fight with ward either. damn shame one of the top fighters in the world is not in this discussion. what's even worst is his situation with his promoter and that's far from being resolved. :snoop:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
GGG did fight Stevens to his credit, but Stevens isnt a top 5 guy at any weight. :comeon:

but :scusthov: at him beating up on Rosado. then they tried to bring Kirkland up. GGG aint shyt in my book til he starts calling out some real fighters. He needs to call JCCjr out at a catchweight. but HBO stay lettin GGG cherry pick. hell, call out Kid Choc at least. :snoop:
To me Vera was the equivalent of Rosado. I decent fighter in their normal division who went up in weight. At least GGG didn't win a controversial decision and then fight a close second fight vs Rosado.
Not sure what you are thinking regarding GGG not calling anybody out. He has called everybody out...the problem is HBO, I am convinced they don't want to match him up in tough fights. They want to match him up in fights they know he'll get a KO so they can boost their ratings. :pacspit:
Plus, I am always lenient in a fighter who doesn't want to move up in weight, when:
a) still has business to take care of in their division
b) would be the significantly smaller fighter

GGG goes into camp weighing 170, Chavez enters at 190-200.
HBO needs to get JCC the fight vs the Froch-Groves winner.
Either way both fighters still have plenty to prove...I just personally respect GGG more because he has made his career fighting guys his own size, and has fought the fighters available to him...the test for him is that he needs to make bigger fights starting now that opponents scheduling has opened up.

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GGG don't wanna see this slickness:ohlawd:

Julio_Cesar_Chavez_Jr_vs_Bryan_Vera_11.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Floyd said he'll face khan if he can beat broner on his under card:ohhh:

Stephen Espinoza says it aint happening though:manny:

I'd like to see Broner vs Khan at 140, but I dont think Showtime believes they will be able to pay Floyd, Maidana, Broner, Khan, and Abner Mares if they are all fighting on the same card.....and make a lot of money back on the return for the PPV OR they wanna save that fight for a separate card, it's own Showtime Boxing free card or even PPV card:lupe:

Floyd is trying to use Khan and Broner to sell his PPV really, thats what its all about, but if it was ME.....I'd face Khan, but I wouldnt do it on Mayweather's card. I would have my own card:yeshrug:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephen Espinoza says it aint happening though:manny:

I'd like to see Broner vs Khan at 140, but I dont think Showtime believes they will be able to pay Floyd, Maidana, Broner, Khan, and Abner Mares if they are all fighting on the same card.....and make a lot of money back on the return for the PPV OR they wanna save that fight for a separate card, it's own Showtime Boxing free card or even PPV card:lupe:

Floyd is trying to use Khan and Broner to sell his PPV really, thats what its all about, but if it was ME.....I'd face Khan, but I wouldnt do it on Mayweather's card. I would have my own card:yeshrug:

I wouldnt be so sure about that. They were able to pay Swift (coming off of dominate win over Zab) and Matthysse (who just smashed Peterson)....why wouldnt they be able to pay 2 guys coming off losses and another guy who struggled in an irrelevant fight? What you have to realize is....Broner and Mares need to be grateful to have the opportunity to have return fights on PPV. Khan....he aint runnin shyt....so he better either be satisfied or fight over in the UK his next fight.

The separate/free Sho card would work though but the PPV makes more sense because Floyd is the cash cow and his PPVs take precedent over free Sho cards. The PPV setup is right and provides storyline into May's next possible opponent. I dont know if it will happen but if it doesnt, the deciding factor is going to be more than just raw numbers from a purse perspective.