Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watching the salido fight now. not impressed with lomachenko at all. pros is almost a different sport to the ams.

the nikka been fight pro though. that 2nd fight bullshyt was another Top Rank PR Spin Move. He's good, but they tried to construct the fastest Hype Train ever.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Pretty decent weekend of boxing.

Crawford didn't look as good as I thought he would in beating Burns. I felt he showed dude too much respect early in the fight and didn't let his hands go enough, but solid performance nonetheless. I'm pretty sure lightweight Broner would have stopped Burns. I can tell now that Crawford is one of those dudes that look better when they're fighting someone dangerous. Prescott's power had him fighting perfectly, while Burns never seemed to bother Crawford and he looked like he fought with his B game although that could be do to his nerves in a big fight setting.

Salido pulled out every trick in the book in order to win and it worked. Lomachenko needed to jab more. Whenever he threw he was landing decently, but he never could sustain the offense long enough. He took a gamble on that fight and lost, but he gained some good experience. I thought Salido was finished after that Mikey beating. Dude proved me wrong.

Chavez jr. was on point. Wish he would jab and stay busier when coming forward, but he still won clearly. His defense needs to improve though. Vera was landing some combo bombs all night and if he wasn't naturally smaller he would have prolly hurt dude. Good effort in the end.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Crawford didn't look as good as I thought he would in beating Burns. I felt he showed dude too much respect early in the fight and didn't let his hands go enough, but solid performance nonetheless. I'm pretty sure lightweight Broner would have stopped Burns. I can tell now that Crawford is one of those dudes that look better when they're fighting someone dangerous. Prescott's power had him fighting perfectly, while Burns never seemed to bother Crawford and he looked like he fought with his B game although that could be do to his nerves in a big fight setting.

co-sign this whole shyt. had he fought like he fought Prescott he wouldve looked much better. he wasnt countering like I expected him to. he just basically let Ricky lead and then he would go on the attack afterwards. Crawford looked solid...but not spectacular. I think he will look better now that he has a title. He seemed very cautious and that couldve been due to being in hostile territory and not wanting to make a mistake.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Salido pulled out every trick in the book in order to win and it worked. Lomachenko needed to jab more. Whenever he threw he was landing decently, but he never could sustain the offense long enough. He took a gamble on that fight and lost, but he gained some good experience. I thought Salido was finished after that Mikey beating. Dude proved me wrong.

co-sign this too. Salido is a wiley vet. He dont play that stepping stone shyt. Loma aint ready for the big time. Rigo would kill him. Loma got too many skills to ask for a fight of such magnitude and not perform. He needs to change his ring persona amd maybe trainers because he cant win on the top level if he doesnt get his work rate up in the early rounds. a champion or someone that wants to be just doesnt come out that tentative in early rounds. he's got all the skill in the world but boxing takes more than skill.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
crawford's performance comes down to... it's hard to fight in deafening noise against you, instead of a ballroom with 200 people. that's it, not rocket science

and he still won handily.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
GGG N his fans the last nikkas that should cry bout picking on smaller fighters:camby:

Martinez got a W on JCC Jr why wouldn't he wanna avenge that L

He's had ONE fight at 168 but he should call out nikkas at 175?? Really breh??:snoop:
GGG has been fighting at 160 for a long time, still makes 160 easy, has been calling out every single fighter at 160, and has been talking of staying there for awhile until he can get the fights he wants. HBO just hasn't made the fights or the opponents don't want to fight him. He is naturally a solid sized 160 pounder.
JCC was a starved dog at 160 picking on smaller fighters to rack up victories. He moved up to 168 and we're still waiting for him to call out a legit 168 pounder (HBO has some good ones), but Chavez stay calling out 160 lb fighters. :stopitslime:
Not to mention that if we consider walking around weight, Chavez is most comparable to the boys at 175.
I will wait and see until Chavez fights someone with skill, size, and power. Only guys he has fought are Lee and Martinez. He looked like shyt against Lee, but just bludgeoned him into submission because of his size and got thoroughly beaten for 46.5 minutes until Chavez caught the smallest Middleweight with a punch. Waiting to watch Chavez get a victory where he won because of his skills, not because he was bigger and stronger than his opponent.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GGG has been fighting at 160 for a long time, still makes 160 easy, has been calling out every single fighter at 160, and has been talking of staying there for awhile until he can get the fights he wants. HBO just hasn't made the fights or the opponents don't want to fight him. He is naturally a solid sized 160 pounder.
JCC was a starved dog at 160 picking on smaller fighters to rack up victories. He moved up to 168 and we're still waiting for him to call out a legit 168 pounder (HBO has some good ones), but Chavez stay calling out 160 lb fighters. :stopitslime:
Not to mention that if we consider walking around weight, Chavez is most comparable to the boys at 175.
I will wait and see until Chavez fights someone with skill, size, and power. Only guys he has fought are Lee and Martinez. He looked like shyt against Lee, but just bludgeoned him into submission because of his size and got thoroughly beaten for 46.5 minutes until Chavez caught the smallest Middleweight with a punch. Waiting to watch Chavez get a victory where he won because of his skills, not because he was bigger and stronger than his opponent.

So its errybody else's fault that GGG stay fighting Junior middleweights :stopitslime:

:camby:

What awesome 168 fighters does HBO have?? Ward N who else??

Arum wants to make either GGG, Froch, or Pascal for Chavez next:umad:

These nikkas N they nobody wants to fight GGG...then GGG gets called out N they:sadcam::whoa:

Did you have the same outrage when GGG was calling out Floyd??

Last edited: