Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He already beat Paulie.

I think he either has to get in the ring with Broner at 140 or move up to 147 and fight either Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, or Devon Alexander.

If he doesnt fight 1 of the 4, then he has no shot.

he did beat Paulie but at 140. after which Paulie has looked better and Khan worse. Khan just hasnt done anything since losing two fights in a row. If I judge by his last fights, I dont see him beating any of those guys. The guy he has the most chance to beat would be Paulie.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
From Showtimes P.O.V it makes little to no sense to toss Khan vs Broner on the undercard for the May fight.Khan/Broner has the appeal to bring a lot of casual eyes as a standalone non PPV fight.Khan/Broner shouldn't be compared to Garcia/Lucas because even though that fight was a match-up die hards were dying to see it didn't really register as a big deal to non-boxing heads. Didn't have the drawing power that a Khan/Broner match up would have.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think last night sealed the deal, that ward is Fukked with a capital F. None of these guys are targeting him and not to mention none of them NEED him for a fight. stevenson, pascal, don't need to leave montreal for a fight, same with froch in the uk, ggg aint moving up to 168, and kovalev has hopkins and stevenson on the radar, jcc and his team aren't interested in a fight with ward either. damn shame one of the top fighters in the world is not in this discussion. what's even worst is his situation with his promoter and that's far from being resolved. :snoop:

I was watching this video on youtube the other day and somebody said none of these guys have to fight ward. he's not a cash cow.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I was watching this video on youtube the other day and somebody said none of these guys have to fight ward. he's not a cash cow.
Yeah, HBO doesn't even wanna pay Ward his headlining fee.
He is the best boxer at 168, I think he wins vs. GGG and if anyone has the skills to nullify the power of Stevenson and Kovalev it is Ward.
But there isn't a lot of incentive to fight him. He in himself isn't a big draw. GGG keeps saying he'll stay at 160 - he can get the same money and possibly more if he gets Sergio. JCC has been a draw himself and can make good money without facing him. It sounds like he'll go after the Froch-Groves winner. And LH is loaded with good matches for another year or two - they don't need Ward.
Ward may be the toughest opponent out there for each guy, but each fighter can take a bigger money fight against a quality opponent and not have to face Ward. Hell, even Froch said I'll fight you again, but come to the UK. :jawalrus:

Ward is the best fighter in that weight class, 2nd best P4P...but no one NEEDS him right now. He and Rigo should get together and share a beer about how no one appreciates their skills. :russ:

I love Ward's skills...but he overestimates his value in comparison to public demand.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I don't think Khan is the problem for why Broner/Khan won't happen

Khan called Broner out first which started all this talk

I dont think Khan is interested in fighting Broner at 140 or 144, because his whole thing about moving up to 147 was because he feels he can take the punches better there because he's not "drained" like he is at 140.

:manny:

AB aint really saying anything too much at this point about who he's gonna fight for sure, so I guess we'll see.