Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
current lines on underdogs (sportsinteraction.com)

Abraham +200 (this may be a good bet)
Burns +200
Salido +400
Vera +400

@yo moms where did you see Crawford at +130?

abraham does look like a good bet but he hasn't looked that great in the fights he had since he got stopped by stieglitz..that shihepo fight especially i think he got a gift in that one :smh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair enough! I think part of the reason Floyd doesnt go to the body as often is because he counters a lot and mostly when you counter someone its
gonna be the head thats most exposed, plus a lot of people and sadly this includes judges seem to give little to no love to body work so outside the physical toll it takes on your opponent it rarely if ever gets rewarded in scoring.

He really doesnt dig the body because he doesnt have to. He is not in close quarters. He can stand back and pot-shot. His opponents are too slow to keep up with his foot speed and avoid his counters. If someone is able to get inside on him then he will go to the body heavy. Just like he did JLC. I can see him going to Maidana's body though. I think because of the style, Maidana is in for a hurting. Mainly because he is off balance a lot. This is going to be a disaster for him. If they get along the ropes and Floyd turns him...he will go to the body.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
MXCzUF9.jpg

this is what "all in" looks like when you are broke :to:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
but Devon was the leading candidate to be Floyd's first opponent on Sho....then they picked Ghost. Devon fought Purdy and then fought Porter even though he was still being mentioned as a possible opponent. so Floyd's camp advised Khan to not fight but didnt do the same for Devon? this theory sounds even more baseless being that Devon was supposed to be Khan's opponent. :beli:

Its simple....everyone had fights coming up and basically the winner of Khan-Alexander was going to be the frontrunner. Neither one of them wouldve gotten it anyway though as Maidana threw the monkey wrench in. Still, the winner wouldve have been sitting in good shape for Floyds NEXT fight.

Now the only way I think Khan gets this fight is if he gets Porter and beats him. I think Porter is a tougher matchup for Khan than Devon because Devon fought most of his career at jww....Porter started his at SMW and fought a good portion at JMW. Plus he may punch a lil harder than Devon...which dont bode well for Khan.

:patrice:
But I thought Ghost was his mandatory. ..
So Floyd ducked Alexander too??
Maidana wouldn't have gotten the fight over the winner of Khan/Alexander. Theres no way