Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I still think Mayweather thinks two things when he punches:
- Where does this leave my defense?
- Possibility of hurting hands?

He likes to land clean shots that allow him to pull away or move to the side to protect himself, I also think he doesn't aggressively go at the body because it is too easy to catch elbows that can hurt his hands.

Anyone else get this vibe?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I still think Mayweather thinks two things when he punches:
- Where does this leave my defense?
- Possibility of hurting hands?

He likes to land clean shots that allow him to pull away or move to the side to protect himself, I also think he doesn't aggressively go at the body because it is too easy to catch elbows that can hurt his hands.

Anyone else get this vibe?
Of course defense is his main concern, as far as going to the body, you go to the body and that leaves the head susceptible to looping shots if you are a shoulder roller, exactly how Broner and his non jabbing ass got shook to the core....

As far as protecting his hands, he definitely does it and is in control of every single punch he throws, just look below how the trajectory changed on the punch and Floyd aimed at the chin instead of on the side of his head mid punch

12_medium.gif

He's lobbing soft balls, but he still very much is a power puncher, he just dont wan to break his hand and miss out on a 70-80 million dollar pay day, and from what I seen recently I think Floyd is starting to get the pleasure of beating the shyt and embarrass his rather than ko them, vs Cotto and Canelo he had the KO on the table many times and backed off......

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Khan is targeting Guerrero, Alexander, Porter, and Broner....

Would enjoy seeing the Broner match but if they fight I doubt it'll be on the Floyd undercard

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I agree. I think Floyd's hands are worse than he lets on...and he lets on they are pretty sensitive. Watching Floyd in training he never hits anything except the speed bag with any force. And I completely agree with in fight assessments. He doesn't seem to throw punches with power attached to them, unless he has to or it is late in the fight; ie. Cotto. He hurt Cotto in the 12th round with clean punching, which led you to believe he could have done it earlier, he just didn't try to go for the KO until the 12th round.
Floyd fans often take this as criticism he doesn't have power. Floyd has power...he just takes it off his punches. If Floyd's hands were not an issue, he would have very good power IMO.
The clearest moment of Floyd's hands to me recently was vs Canelo where he had him trapped against the ropes and he could have landed a power punch anywhere on Canelo he wanted and many times over, yet he decided to throw scoring blows without force.

Floyd's accuracy is what really keeps opponents off of him. Having precise punches negates him not throwing with power because a clean perfectly placed punch's have a more stunning affect than blocked, partially blocked, or technically poor punches. Floyd is so skilled I don't see anyone who can beat him if Floyd's uses this strategy. The only concern for him IMO is if he hurts his hand early and he is fighting a mauling strong opponent.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So, #swiftset comes out and throws a more shots at the Floyd vs Maidana fight:mjpls:

First, Danny Garcia:

Then Angel Garcia joins in on it:

I like the way they think:obama:

@Skip b.....bu-bu-bu I need more people:pacspit: No, I dont when #swiftset is saying the exact same things I've been stating. Argue with Danny and Angel since you stan them so hard:umad:

@ChocolateGiddyUp......what do you think about these quotes? Think Danny and Angel gonna end up paying for this when they meet up with Floyd in the ring sometime in the near future? The Angel Garcia vs Floyd Jr/Sr & Roger back and forths:ohlawd:

I wouldn't call Khan a harder fight dude has looked like bad since Swift beat the ever loving shyt outta him

I take it as Swift N them not rating Maidana very highly

Here's the thing tho casuals don't wanna see Floyd against a boxer...they want the hope of him getting his ass knocked tf out

Whenever an opponent who is a boxer is considered Devon, Khan...people start to bytch bout how boring it is etc

I think Maidana will entertain tho..
He's vulnerable N gets hurt but he's constantly trying to win...I don't see him pulling that Rios "hey I survived the fight" bullshyt...so he might get kod

I'm under the impression Angel wants no part of fighting Floyd N if they do its goin be when they are good and ready already having fought a couple times at 147

He already said if Danny beats Floyd he won't get no credit...they'll jus say they caught him when he was old N got lucky...which Is damn true

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I wouldn't call Khan a harder fight dude has looked like bad since Swift beat the ever loving shyt outta him

I take it as Swift N them not rating Maidana very highly

Here's the thing tho casuals don't wanna see Floyd against a boxer...they want the hope of him getting his ass knocked tf out

Whenever an opponent who is a boxer is considered Devon, Khan...people start to bytch bout how boring it is etc

I think Maidana will entertain tho..
He's vulnerable N gets hurt but he's constantly trying to win...I don't see him pulling that Rios "hey I survived the fight" bullshyt...so he might get kod

I'm under the impression Angel wants no part of fighting Floyd N if they do its goin be when they are good and ready already having fought a couple times at 147

He already said if Danny beats Floyd he won't get no credit...they'll jus say they caught him when he was old N got lucky...which Is damn true
I think that is true of anyone regarding Floyd. The only way someone will get credit is if they flat out dominate him. At least in the first fight (assuming a rematch) if someone catches Floyd with a punch and knocked him out, most would say it was a "lucky" punch.
The biggest thing would be the fukkery. It wouldn't matter how he lost, the fukkery would be Broner x 1,000,000 from fans.

And I never predict Floyd KO's...at 147 lbs he has fought 11 times with 3 stoppages. That is a KO% of only 27%, with the fact that 1 stoppage vs Ortiz (which you could say was "unsportsmanlike") and vs Hatton (who was significantly smaller).
Fighting Maidana, who has never been stopped...no way I think Floyd wins by KO.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think that is true of anyone regarding Floyd. The only way someone will get credit is if they flat out dominate him. At least in the first fight (assuming a rematch) if someone catches Floyd with a punch and knocked him out, most would say it was a "lucky" punch.
The biggest thing would be the fukkery. It wouldn't matter how he lost, the fukkery would be Broner x 1,000,000 from fans.

And I never predict Floyd KO's...at 147 lbs he has fought 11 times with 3 stoppages. That is a KO% of only 27%, with the fact that 1 stoppage vs Ortiz (which you could say was "unsportsmanlike") and vs Hatton (who was significantly smaller).
Fighting Maidana, who has never been stopped...no way I think Floyd wins by KO

i got lucky with betting on floyd by KO for ortiz lol but i thought it would by 8 or 9 ortiz would have had enough..not 4

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I agree. I think Floyd's hands are worse than he lets on...and he lets on they are pretty sensitive. Watching Floyd in training he never hits anything except the speed bag with any force. And I completely agree with in fight assessments. He doesn't seem to throw punches with power attached to them, unless he has to or it is late in the fight; ie. Cotto. He hurt Cotto in the 12th round with clean punching, which led you to believe he could have done it earlier, he just didn't try to go for the KO until the 12th round.
Floyd fans often take this as criticism he doesn't have power. Floyd has power...he just takes it off his punches. If Floyd's hands were not an issue, he would have very good power IMO.
The clearest moment of Floyd's hands to me recently was vs Canelo where he had him trapped against the ropes and he could have landed a power punch anywhere on Canelo he wanted and many times over, yet he decided to throw scoring blows without force.

Floyd's accuracy is what really keeps opponents off of him. Having precise punches negates him not throwing with power because a clean perfectly placed punch's have a more stunning affect than blocked, partially blocked, or technically poor punches. Floyd is so skilled I don't see anyone who can beat him if Floyd's uses this strategy. The only concern for him IMO is if he hurts his hand early and he is fighting a mauling strong opponent.
Oh Floyd definitely have power

Cotto stated Floyd hits harder than Manny, and Mosley claimed Mayweather power was on par with Canelo's, those are p4p punchers his pop was compared to

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
i got lucky with betting on floyd by KO for ortiz lol but i thought it would by 8 or 9 ortiz would have had enough..not 4
LOL, nice.

Like I've said I think Floyd's hands prevent a lot of his KO's...or maybe it is that at 147 he usually is the smaller guy in the ring. But at 147 he has not shown KO power, so I would never bet it. All his KO's came at 140 or less and at 147 it was vs smaller guys (Hatton, Mitchell).

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Fighting Maidana, who has never been stopped...no way I think Floyd wins by KO.
You simply aren't gonna ko number 1 fighters and champions, especially with a added motivation of a Floyd lottery ticket if you get lucky........

As far as Maidana his chin isn't as granite as people think, he has been put on his ass numerous times too many to count, and his chin is very crackable, Lopez nearly finished him off early a guy who's best days were at lww, Maidana will have a rude awakening facing a true WW and JMW here................

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Anybody have the full fight of Garcia-Matthysse to upload? Been wanting to watch it again...it's not on youtube. :lupe:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Please lets not mention Ortiz bytch ass:mindblown:

How the fukk you quit in 3 straight matches, not including the Maidana quit job

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Anybody have the full fight of Garcia-Matthysse to upload? Been wanting to watch it again...not on youtube. :lupe:
Exactly why Im glad I dvr that twice just it case it erases......Youtube seem to have been erasing fights, lately, thats that bullshyt

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

I think his hands are fine he sure is fighting like it, he also wants 8 oz gloves for Cotto........

Yeah he had breaks and bruises in the past but the protecting his hand thing as of now, is protecting his future, when he can make 90 million using them for under a hour, if he break his hand and miss another 2 years, thats damn near a 300-400 million dollar loss for him at this point:wow: