Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So, #swiftset comes out and throws a more shots at the Floyd vs Maidana fight:mjpls:

First, Danny Garcia:

"Maidana is tailor-made for Floyd Mayweather. Floyd has fought people who have fought like that before. Floyd is still young, with fresh legs, good vision and he will out-box him, " Garcia told BoxingScene.com
http://www.boxingscene.com/danny-garcia-maidana-tailor-made-mayweather--75100

Then Angel Garcia joins in on it:

"I thought Maidana would be a better choice for him, for him to have a victorious win. I'm not saying Khan is hard because he dont have no chin. But Floyd don't go in there for a knockout. Floyd dont go to the body anymore because he dont want to get countered on top. He's a smart fighter. I would have chose Maidana too, because when [Garcia] fought Matthysse they gave me [a list with] five names, and I chose Maidana too, before he fought Broner. Before that I wanted Maidana," Angel Garcia told BoxingScene.com
http://www.boxingscene.com/-garcia-reveals-i-wanted-maidana-danny-last-year--75103
I like the way they think:obama:

@Skip b.....bu-bu-bu I need more people:pacspit: No, I dont when #swiftset is saying the exact same things I've been stating. Argue with Danny and Angel since you stan them so hard:umad:

@ChocolateGiddyUp......what do you think about these quotes? Think Danny and Angel gonna end up paying for this when they meet up with Floyd in the ring sometime in the near future? The Angel Garcia vs Floyd Jr/Sr & Roger back and forths:ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
So, #swiftset comes out and throws a more shots at the Floyd vs Maidana fight:mjpls:

First, Danny Garcia:

Then Angel Garcia joins in on it:

I like the way they think:obama:

@Skip b.....bu-bu-bu I need more people:pacspit: No, I dont when #swiftset is saying the exact same things I've been stating. Argue with Danny and Angel since you stan them so hard:umad:

@ChocolateGiddyUp......what do you think about these quotes? Think Danny and Angel gonna end up paying for this when they meet up with Floyd in the ring sometime in the near future? The Angel Garcia vs Floyd Jr/Sr & Roger back and forths:ohlawd:

I disagree with Angel about Floyd not going to the body, one of Floyd's staple punches is the spear jab to the sternum!

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first I was shytting on Khan for taking the hoe route by not fighting Devon, but then I realized that any one of these fighters would've done the same thing had they been told they were gonna be Floyds next opponent and advised to wait(probably by Floyds camp) and not take the riskn.. I like Devon too, and by them luring and leading Khan on that he had next, they screwed Devon in the process... and I had him beating Khan.. I honestly feel like Maidana should be facing one more "legit" WW before getting a shot at Floyd.. He should be facing a Kell Brook or Porter right now.

but Devon was the leading candidate to be Floyd's first opponent on Sho....then they picked Ghost. Devon fought Purdy and then fought Porter even though he was still being mentioned as a possible opponent. so Floyd's camp advised Khan to not fight but didnt do the same for Devon? this theory sounds even more baseless being that Devon was supposed to be Khan's opponent. :beli:

Its simple....everyone had fights coming up and basically the winner of Khan-Alexander was going to be the frontrunner. Neither one of them wouldve gotten it anyway though as Maidana threw the monkey wrench in. Still, the winner wouldve have been sitting in good shape for Floyds NEXT fight.

Now the only way I think Khan gets this fight is if he gets Porter and beats him. I think Porter is a tougher matchup for Khan than Devon because Devon fought most of his career at jww....Porter started his at SMW and fought a good portion at JMW. Plus he may punch a lil harder than Devon...which dont bode well for Khan.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I disagree with Angel about Floyd not going to the body, one of Floyd's staple punches is the spear jab to the sternum!

Yeah, I dont see how he slipped up on that. Maybe he's talking about consistent body work and digging to the body with hard shots. Floyd doesnt do that anymore, but that jab to the stomach is always there.....and stops everyone in their tracks as they leave their body open to it.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I dont see how he slipped up on that. Maybe he's talking about consistent body work and digging to the body with hard shots. Floyd doesnt do that anymore, but that jab to the stomach is always there.....and stops everyone in their tracks as they leave their body open to it.

it depends....if he is coasting then he doesnt dig...but bring out the beast like Shane did..and see what happens.
:usure:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

Fair enough! I think part of the reason Floyd doesnt go to the body as often is because he counters a lot and mostly when you counter someone its
gonna be the head thats most exposed, plus a lot of people and sadly this includes judges seem to give little to no love to body work so outside the physical toll it takes on your opponent it rarely if ever gets rewarded in scoring.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fair enough! I think part of the reason Floyd doesnt go to the body as often is because he counters a lot and mostly when you counter someone its
gonna be the head thats most exposed, plus a lot of people and sadly this includes judges seem to give little to no love to body work so outside the physical toll it takes on your opponent it rarely if ever gets rewarded in scoring.

consistent body work in general is like a lost art in boxing..that's just my opinion :manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

I just dont see how people have a problem with how Floyd fights. If he can destroy you and tire you out WITHOUT doing body work, that's a great skill for him.

No, he isnt a body puncher and doesnt hit anyone with those shots he was hitting Gatti with to the body, but he still wears his opponents down by making them miss and moving all the time

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
current lines on underdogs (sportsinteraction.com)

Abraham +200 (this may be a good bet)
Burns +200
Salido +400
Vera +400

@yo moms where did you see Crawford at +130?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
I just dont see how people have a problem with how Floyd fights. If he can destroy you and tire you out WITHOUT doing body work, that's a great skill.

Thats the thing though Floyd probably does as much if not more body work than anybody although its still relatively limited in comparison to his overall punch output. Body work is a dying art, Ali was the man who started its decline

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

BhkQaEzCIAEmBPQ.jpg:large

Burns +200
Salido +400
Vera +400

he posted crawford by decision, crawford to win straight up is like -230

yo moms

drunk
Daps

Burns +200
Salido +400
Vera +400

bet365. its only crawford by decision is +130.

crawford to win outright is -275.

and i place my bet on crawford decision :lupe: