Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
but if he is good enough to be in the ring and avoid danger why should he leave?

just like in your sig how you put all that stuff about May being scared for his health and all that. what fighter dont think about that? you seen all the deaths lately? and now people advocating against sparring???

I know what it is about you now. it must really burn you up that Floyd is making like $60 mil a fight and nobody is even able to touch him while Manny got the IRS on his ass, making less $$$, and still waking up with chills thinking about when JMM :deadmanny:
Shyt was on ESPN behind the lines yesterday morning, it caught me off guard that they were talking about boxing...........

I expect shyt to get very real regarding this subject in the next year

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyt was on ESPN behind the lines yesterday morning, it caught me off guard that they were talking about boxing...........

I expect shyt to get very real regarding this subject in the next year

yes, its a very real problem and I am not sure what to do to help it. there are numerous risks, from sparring...especially excessively, to weight cutting (less fluid around your brain), to dehydration, to getting concussed (basketball players and football players have to come out of the game while boxers cant), to glove weight, to same day weigh in's or lack thereof, to bogus ass anti-doping agencies, etc....

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
He earned that main event spot and he earned the purses by beating the man; so cut that shyt put, where where yall same idiots when Donaire is stinking up the fukking joint vs handpicked fighters. Are we gonna pretend that Donaire a counter puncher himself didnt stink up the jint in 3-4 matches pre Rigo, watching those shytfest matches put me to sleep quicker than 2 ambiens, now where the fukk was this same criticism.............:beli:

Rigo is chinny even Donaire dropped him, if he engages and get ko'ed, do you think HBO will reward him, or toss him further into the bushes........He needs to continue to do him, when he feels that confidence to let his hands go he will, most fighters(non natural punchers) don't get that confidence til they 15th or 20th pro fight, to halt a young fighter before he could fight and build that foundation, is shameful shyt...
Like I said, I don't care that Rigo fights the style he chooses. He should fight the style he wants to fight. He chooses to fight with his skills and be offensively cautious to use his overall skill advantage. I am 100% fine with this. Many fighters have done this and had HOF careers. Hell he is the best at 122 lb's doing this.

But that doesn't mean he deserves main event big payday status. The same with everything: movies, tv, sports, etc...talent does not equal # of fans or amount of money you will make. There are fighters who have 1/10 the skills of Rigo but are infinitely more marketable as fighters because they fight an exciting style that a network can easily market and get ratings.

Regarding Donaire...I have found his fights pretty entertaining...but regardless, if he moves numbers than the network will promote him. Same thing with Chavez Jr to me. He has been a boring fighter to me (outside of the 12th vs Sergio)...but he moves numbers...that's part of the game, we will keep seeing him because he has fans and people tune in to watch.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Yea, plenty boxers admit to not really sparring because it tooks alot out of them, and they're already spent come fight night.

I had a feeling this would be a topic of discussion eventually

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yes, its a very real problem and I am not sure what to do to help it. there are numerous risks, from sparring...especially excessively, to weight cutting (less fluid around your brain), to dehydration, to getting concussed (basketball players and football players have to come out of the game while boxers cant), to glove weight, to same day weigh in's or lack thereof, to bogus ass anti-doping agencies, etc....
ESPN yesterday blamed it on a commission issue, and I agree fully when you stand back and look at everything....

The commission has doctors at ringside
Some enforce 30 day limtis and such while others dont
They turn a blind eye to shyt like refusing to let Foreman quit vs Cotto, with a blown up knee
They check the wraps
They aren't enforcing extra testing
They let Margarito fight with one eye

The shyt goes on and on with the commission, and they conspire with these networks and promotional companies, to suit their dummy fighting agenda. If you pay attention it's also it's always the NY commission or Texas Commission allowing this fukkery, thats why people are starting to question, about the commission and how networks and promotional companies influence them......

Like I said I expect shyt to get real if another boxer gets put comatose or dies

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Like I said, I don't care that Rigo fights the style he chooses. He should fight the style he wants to fight. He chooses to fight with his skills and be offensively cautious to use his overall skill advantage. I am 100% fine with this. Many fighters have done this and had HOF careers. Hell he is the best at 122 lb's doing this.

But that doesn't mean he deserves main event big payday status. The same with everything: movies, tv, sports, etc...talent does not equal # of fans or amount of money you will make. There are fighters who have 1/10 the skills of Rigo but are infinitely more marketable as fighters because they fight an exciting style that a network can easily market and get ratings.

Regarding Donaire...I have found his fights pretty entertaining...but regardless, if he moves numbers than the network will promote him. Same thing with Chavez Jr to me. He has been a boring fighter to me (outside of the 12th vs Sergio)...but he moves numbers...that's part of the game, we will keep seeing him because he has fans and people tune in to watch.
Donaire and Chavez have an easier time getting promotion because of their background.

I don't find Donaire that exciting. He can be fun to watch because they put the right opponents in front of him. Guys that will stand in front of him and let him do what he wants to them. But when his opponents don't open up and let him dictate the pace, he can be very passive. It also helps that he's Filipino, so they can market him as "the next Pacquiao"

Chavez has the easiest time promotional wise. Not only is he Mexican, but he's the son of arguably the greatest/most popular Mexican boxer of all time. Of course he's gonna do numbers when he's got that going for him.

Can't compare them to a guy like Rigo, who is from a country that offers very little fanfare to the sport.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

He beat the man, fukk do you care about his pay days......

shyt is like winning the lottery and being told you can't cash it.........The stupid shyt is he beat the shyt out of Doanire and it wasnt boring at all........

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Donaire and Chavez have an easier time getting promotion because of their background.

I don't find Donaire that exciting. He can be fun to watch because they put the right opponents in front of him. Guys that will stand in front of him and let him do what he wants to them. But when his opponents don't open up and let him dictate the pace, he can be very passive. It also helps that he's Filipino, so they can market him as "the next Pacquiao"

Chavez has the easiest time promotional wise. Not only is he Mexican, but he's the son of arguably the greatest/most popular Mexican boxer of all time. Of course he's gonna do numbers when he's got that going for him.

Can't compare them to a guy like Rigo, who is from a country that offers very little fanfare to the sport.
He beat the man, fukk do you care about his pay days......

shyt is like winning the lottery and being told you can't cash it.........The stupid shyt is he beat the shyt out of Doanire and it wasnt boring at all........
You can compare them in the sense that Rigo wants the same treatment as them, but a lot of what makes a fighter a popular fighter is not skills based. Rigo has skills in spades. Maybe only Mayweather or Andre Ward you could argue are as technically skilled as Rigo.
But that is not what makes you marketable and popular. Rigo's lack of being on HBO's schedule and promotion is due to the fact that he doesn't draw fans or interest.
The issue has never been that Rigo doesn't have the skills of a superstar....but if you can't bring in the money or ratings of a superstar is HBO obligated to continue to pump money into you? Just like an independent movie - sure they may be better, have better acting and writing...but they often lose money for the studio's. The studio's put money in them for the respect and awards, but they will always put big budget stuff on the forefront because it is what makes them money....Rigo is that independent movie.
I don't care if Rigo is the undercard of main event or what he gets paid because I like watching Rigo fight. But it seems Rigo and his fans don't understand or want to recognize what his situation is.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ESPN yesterday blamed it on a commission issue, and I agree fully when you stand back and look at everything....

The commission has doctors at ringside
Some enforce 30 day limtis and such while others dont
They turn a blind eye to shyt like refusing to let Foreman quit vs Cotto, with a blown up knee
They check the wraps
They aren't enforcing extra testing
They let Margarito fight with one eye

The shyt goes on and on with the commission, and they conspire with these networks and promotional companies, to suit their dummy fighting agenda. If you pay attention it's also it's always the NY commission or Texas Commission allowing this fukkery, thats why people are starting to question, about the commission and how networks and promotional companies influence them......

Like I said I expect shyt to get real if another boxer gets put comatose or dies

but you know what....it is what it is. this is a gladiator sport. gladiators know when they enter the arena they may not come out. I do not want to see anyone die, but I dont know if you wanna go messing up the sport either. the commission is an issue but some of them do a really great job. I mean remember when BHop had the bet with Joppy? Joppy nearly met his Lord and Saviour that night. Do you allow bets like that to go on? I had a premonition that Leavander Johnson was gonna get seriously hurt in the ring. His legs were gone about 2 or 3 fights before Chavez. Its the sport we love but if we change it too much we may not love it as much.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
but you know what....it is what it is. this is a gladiator sport. gladiators know when they enter the arena they may not come out. I do not want to see anyone die, but I dont know if you wanna go messing up the sport either. the commission is an issue but some of them do a really great job. I mean remember when BHop had the bet with Joppy? Joppy nearly met his Lord and Saviour that night. Do you allow bets like that to go on? I had a premonition that Leavander Johnson was gonna get seriously hurt in the ring. His legs were gone about 2 or 3 fights before Chavez. Its the sport we love but if we change it too much we may not love it as much.
They don't have to change it, but they need a all seeing eye, so certain shyt don't be allowed to go on, and the right people be held accountable when shyt doesn't go right, instead of pointing the finger......

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can compare them in the sense that Rigo wants the same treatment as them, but a lot of what makes a fighter a popular fighter is not skills based. Rigo has skills in spades. Maybe only Mayweather or Andre Ward you could argue are as technically skilled as Rigo.
But that is not what makes you marketable and popular. Rigo's lack of being on HBO's schedule and promotion is due to the fact that he doesn't draw fans or interest.
The issue has never been that Rigo doesn't have the skills of a superstar....but if you can't bring in the money or ratings of a superstar is HBO obligated to continue to pump money into you? Just like an independent movie - sure they may be better, have better acting and writing...but they often lose money for the studio's. The studio's put money in them for the respect and awards, but they will always put big budget stuff on the forefront because it is what makes them money....Rigo is that independent movie.

I hear what you are saying, but the filmmaker doesnt stay independent forever thats why they move to other studios (promoters) so they can appeal to the masses. I rarely give cut and dry answers but this case is just that. the burden is on the promoter. TR shouldnt have signed him if they didnt see marketability. Nor should they hold his contract hostage and blame it on the network. I wouldnt be so hard on TR but I seen them pull this shyt before. When Raheem upset the applecart where did his career go? TR blamed it all on his boring style. You want Rigo to look good? Find him some opponents to KTFO. It aint that hard for TR to find easy touches for their other fighters. Golden Boy alike. Why is Rigo getting jacked here?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I hear what you are saying, but the filmmaker doesnt stay independent forever thats why they move to other studios (promoters) so they can appeal to the masses. I rarely give cut and dry answers but this case is just that. the burden is on the promoter. TR shouldnt have signed him if they didnt see marketability. Nor should they hold his contract hostage and blame it on the network. I wouldnt be so hard on TR but I seen them pull this shyt before. When Raheem upset the applecart where did his career go? TR blamed it all on his boring style. You want Rigo to look good? Find him some opponents to KTFO. It aint that hard for TR to find easy touches for their other fighters. Golden Boy alike. Why is Rigo getting jacked here?
Funny I mentioned Raheem just now in one of them other threads......But This.........................................

The promoter works for the fighter, why should shyt be different for Arum, and TR anyway........Arum should have no issues getting Rigo matches since he is a champ and just knocked off the top dog, but Arum has openly shytted on Rigo, and has held him hostage like you said.......

Did Arum not breach anything contract wise in this fiasco:mindblown:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

also its key to note that he doesnt have to change his fighting style necessarily but as I said, he must sell out in some form of fashion. if not by taking more risks in the ring, play the heel outside it like Broner. Broner's mouth was more responsible for getting him those big checks than his skills were. if he wasnt mocking Floyd and acting like a butthole, nobody would really give a fukk about him. he would likely be a better fighter......but not a richer one.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny I mentioned Raheem just now in one of them other threads......But This.........................................

The promoter works for the fighter, why should shyt be different for Arum, and TR anyway........Arum should have no issues getting Rigo matches since he is a champ and just knocked off the top dog, but Arum has openly shytted on Rigo, and has held him hostage like you said.......

Did Arum not breach anything contract wise in this fiasco:mindblown:

its tricky but thin line on breaching which Arum knows not to cross. all I am saying is...nobody didnt want to see Nyquil in Macau. :rudy: afford Rigo the same opportunities.
Bobfather is a GOAT promoter but you just cant help but think that he has his favorites.....as do GBP and DKP and any other promoter. the problem is when you try and deflect blame and openly shyt on a fighter who you are promoting. :what:thats my fukkin issue with this.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

what bhop did to joppy was downright criminal :wow:..ive never seen a head expand in size like that.....its a miracle that joppy didn't pick up a brain bleed or a hemorrhage in that fight

boxing is a gladiator sport..every boxer knows that once they go into the ring they are putting everything on the line..alot of dirty stuff goes on...its nothing new its part of boxing's long storied history..sparring is part of boxing's long storied story...no successful boxer worth his salt has not sparred greatly in their careers in order to keep sharp.....boxing policing itself has been a problem for as long organized professional boxing has been around...its not something that will change anytime soon...even if you propose national commissions..big money in boxing thats has never been made by people with any kind of scruples and thats not going to change at all