Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I know.. so much talent wasted because Rigo refuses to engage
its not like rigo doesn't have power he does but his killer instinct and the ability to "sell" himself is lacking...it also doesnt help that he has no foil at 122 within top rank...rigo vs santa cruz would be the shyt

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I know.. so much talent wasted because Rigo refuses to engage

His promoter refuses to promote:ufdup:

Also, Guillermo refuses to engage?:what:

It's more like his opponent refuses to engage him, because they are scared of his counter punching abilty, fast hands, punching accuracy, and power.

Since Rigo won his first Championship against Ricardo Cordoba:

Against Joseph Agbeko, Rigo threw 500+ more punches than him (859-349) 72 punches a round for Rigo, 29 punches a round Agbeko
Against Nonito Donaire, Rigo threw 40+ more punches than him (396-352) 33 punches a round for Rigo, 29 punches a round for Donaire
Against Robert Marroquin, Rigo threw 300 more punches than him (637-342) 53 punches a round for Rigo, 28 punches a round for Marroquin
Against Teon Kennedy, he KO'd him in the 5th round
Against Rico Ramos, he KO'd him in the 6th round
Against Willie Casey, he KO'd him in the 1st Rd

What are you talking about breh?:dahell:

nikkas is scared to let THEIR hands go against Rigo, because they know his punching abilities are too much.......the rest of em got KO'd for their efforts. Also, the last 6 opponents have combined to have a 16% LANDING of total punches on Rigo which shows his amazing defensive abilities as well

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
His promoter refuses to promote:ufdup:

Also, Guillermo refuses to engage?:what:

It's more like his opponent refuses to engage him, because they are scared of his counter punching abilty, fast hands, punching accuracy, and power.

Since Rigo won his first Championship against Ricardo Cordoba:

Against Joseph Agbeko, Rigo threw 500+ more punches than him (859-349) 72 punches a round for Rigo, 29 punches a round Agbeko
Against Nonito Donaire, Rigo threw 40+ more punches than him (396-352) 33 punches a round for Rigo, 29 punches a round for Donaire
Against Robert Marroquin, Rigo threw 300 more punches than him (637-342) 53 punches a round for Rigo, 28 punches a round for Marroquin
Against Teon Kennedy, he KO'd him in the 5th round
Against Rico Ramos, he KO'd him in the 6th round
Against Willie Casey, he KO'd him in the 1st Rd

What are you talking about breh?:dahell:

nikkas is scared to let THEIR hands go against Rigo, because they know his punching abilities are too much.......the rest of em got KO'd for their efforts. Also, the last 6 opponents have combined to have a 16% LANDING of total punches on Rigo which shows his amazing defensive abilities as well

If you watched the fight, you know exactly what im talking about... The guy is not engaging.. in that agbeko fight Rigo landed only 144 of 859:mjpls:... he plays keep out the entire fight and just waits for the counter against his opponents so in turn their punch stats are horrible as well

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Plus I think part of it is Rigo himself. HBO wants to put Rigo on as an undercard. Rigo wants to be the main event. Rigo must not have seen what happened to HBO's ratings during his last fight where he was the main event.

EDIT: Personally I love watching skill fight and would watch Rigo fight every time...can't say it is always exciting, but the skill is amazing.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word is matthyse gonna start training in march..possibly for the mayweather undercard

im guessing if he KOs a decent name on there that gives may another name to choose from for fall

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Plus I think part of it is Rigo himself. HBO wants to put Rigo on as an undercard. Rigo wants to be the main event. Rigo must not have seen what happened to HBO's ratings during his last fight where he was the main event.

EDIT: Personally I love watching skill fight and would watch Rigo fight every time...can't say it is always exciting, but the skill is amazing.

Yea I like a skill fight too, but Rigo fighting like he 49-0 or some shyt. He fighting like he's world wide boxing icon and he dont have to make a name for himself... He needs to make his fights more entertaining. Its simple as that

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
word is matthyse gonna start training in march..possibly for the mayweather undercard

im guessing if he KOs a decent name on there that gives may another name to choose from for fall
Hopefully #MatthysseMafia doesn't try to repair that hype train :mjpls:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Yea I like a skill fight too, but Rigo fighting like he 49-0 or some shyt. He fighting like he's world wide boxing icon and he dont have to make a name for himself... He needs to make his fights more entertaining. Its simple as that
It doesn't bother me that Rigo plays it safe, but he needs to understand that talent does not equal popularity. Just because he may be the most technically skilled fighter does not mean he deserves to be the main event, have big purses, or be the most popular fighter.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopefully #MatthysseMafia doesn't try to repair that hype train :mjpls:
He proved he was more than hype, a hype job would of quit or laid down after getting his face rearranged but he kept storming,Garcia is simply a couple levels better, who was able to eat his best shot in round 11 like scooby snacks, that shot would have knocked out cold 90% of lww-ww, end that hype job talk now.......

We'll see who's really hype if they stick him in there with a Thurman, Khan, Porter, or Broner............

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
can someone post the photoshopped pic of Rigo in his fight vs. Nonito.... It was when he taunted Donaire towards the end of the fight with his arms out and shyt.:lolbron: