Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
It doesn't bother me that Rigo plays it safe, but he needs to understand that talent does not equal popularity. Just because he may be the most technically skilled fighter does not mean he deserves to be the main event, have big purses, or be the most popular fighter.
He earned that main event spot and he earned the purses by beating the man; so cut that shyt put, where where yall same idiots when Donaire is stinking up the fukking joint vs handpicked fighters. Are we gonna pretend that Donaire a counter puncher himself didnt stink up the jint in 3-4 matches pre Rigo, watching those shytfest matches put me to sleep quicker than 2 ambiens, now where the fukk was this same criticism.............:beli:

Rigo is chinny even Donaire dropped him, if he engages and get ko'ed, do you think HBO will reward him, or toss him further into the bushes........He needs to continue to do him, when he feels that confidence to let his hands go he will, most fighters(non natural punchers) don't get that confidence til they 15th or 20th pro fight, to halt a young fighter before he could fight and build that foundation, is shameful shyt...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
They tryna troll us on Twitter about Lara possibly being considered to fight Mayweather :laff:
Wouldn't mind seeing this
He earned that main event spot and he earned the purses by beating the man; so cut that shyt put, where where yall same idiots when Donaire is stinking up the fukking joint vs handpicked fighters. Are we gonna pretend that Donaire a counter puncher himself didnt stink up the jint in 3-4 matches pre Rigo, watching those shytfest matches put me to sleep quicker than 2 ambiens, now where the fukk was this same criticism.............:beli:

Rigo is chinny even Donaire dropped him, if he engages and get ko'ed, do you think HBO will reward him, or toss him further into the bushes........He needs to continue to do him, when he feels that confidence to let his hands go he will, most fighters(non natural punchers) don't get that confidence til they 15th or 20th pro fight, to halt a young fighter before he could fight and build that foundation, is shameful shyt...
:camby:
If hes too scared to take a punch hes in the wrong sport... Fans aint trying to watch a nikka play keep out for the entire 12 rounds.. Hes way to sharp a fighter to have to fight like that. He should be knocking nikkas like Agbeko the fukk out in less than 6 rounds.. if he's "chinny" Oh well :manny:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
:camby:If hes too scared to take a punch hes in the wrong sport... Fans aint trying to watch a nikka play keep out for the entire 12 rounds.. Hes way to sharp a fighter to have to fight like that. He should be knocking nikkas like Agbeko the fukk out in less than 6 rounds.. if he's "chinny" Oh well :manny:
It's not about being scared my dude.

Why the hell would he put himself in danger intentionally when he doesn't have to? The name of the game is to "hit and don't get hit". Not everybody is like Pacquiao who is willing to walk through multiple punches to get his shyt off (no diss to Manny, because he's a hell of a fighter). Not everybody got that style, and not everybody has to.

He's supposed to knock out a guy like Agbeko, who's never been knocked out before? :mindblown:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Wouldn't mind seeing this

If hes too scared to take a punch hes in the wrong sport... Fans aint trying to watch a nikka play keep out for the entire 12 rounds.. Hes way to sharp a fighter to have to fight like that. He should be knocking nikkas like Agbeko the fukk out in less than 6 rounds.. if he's "chinny" Oh well :manny:
Encourage Dummy fighting like HBO, and stick their head in the sand when a fighter gets Brain damage and is comatose......This shyt aint wrestling nikka, if you are a boxer you should very much understand those risks....Are you going home with headaches for being punched 100 times in the face, are you pissing blood from body shots......

Where was this criticism of Doniare, where you not one of his main dikkridders:mjpls:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Why the hell would he put himself in danger intentionally when he doesn't have to? The name of the game is to "hit and don't get hit". Not everybody is like Pacquiao who is willing to walk through multiple punches to get his shyt off (no diss to Manny, because he's a hell of a fighter). Not everybody got that style, and not everybody has to.

He's supposed to knock out a guy like Agbeko, who's never been knocked out before? :mindblown:
That bother:mindblown:

Not only has Agbeko never been ko'ed, he clearly was paid to stink up the joint and make Donaire look bad....

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Why would he put himself in danger??

Danger?? :what::camby:

If he's to concerned about his health, he should leave the sport

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blame a defensive fighter for being defensive, brehs

they used to say that about Pernell Whitaker all the time. he was credited with a KD and outlanded DLH in total punches and connect %. and still lost because they said he ran. :scusthov:
so I seen this all before.

accuse fighters of not engaging when they are out-landing and/or out-throwing their opponents brehs.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this...

and see....what was the first thing that came out of Donaire's mouth when he lost? he said that Rigo ran and he wouldnt engage. not sure how you just got the boxing lesson of your life then.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He proved he was more than hype, a hype job would of quit or laid down after getting his face rearranged but he kept storming,Garcia is simply a couple levels better, who was able to eat his best shot in round 11 like scooby snacks, that shot would have knocked out cold 90% of lww-ww, end that hype job talk now.......

We'll see who's really hype if they stick him in there with a Thurman, Khan, Porter, or Broner............

yeah, people just got too excited because of the knockouts but Matthysee is a really good fighter. he is just at a certain level is all. I will say that you cant be mad when a fighter is overhyped due to him knocking people out or giving exciting fights. Mikey Garcia....now he is hyped. If he showed a granite chin like Matthysse or was walking through opponents the caliber of Peterson then I could see it. Right now I cant.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

:why: He's great at what he does why the fukk should he leave :snoop:

Your damn right he should be concerned about his health. We've heard cases of boxers dying and having to be put in a coma.

You want a nikka to throw his whole style (and his equilibrium in the process) in the bushes. For what? To appease a bunch of blood thirsty fans? Then you wonder why Hopkins says the things he says about slick black fighters being thrown in the bushes. Fans like you and promoters like your boy Arum tryna see people brutalize each other.

Everybody has their own style, and Rigo wins with his. Why should he change it? He's only going to end up getting hurt unnecessarily. That's not his style. Leave that to the brawlers.

If any boxer should leave the sport, it's a guy like Bam Bam Rios who has no skill but a hell of a chin essentially a human punching bag :dahell:

I'm sorry, but if as a boxer, your best attribute is that you can take alot of punishment, you should find a new profession :camby:

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yeah, people just got too excited because of the knockouts but Matthysee is a really good fighter. he is just at a certain level is all. I will say that you cant be mad when a fighter is overhyped due to him knocking people out or giving exciting fights. Mikey Garcia....now he is hyped. If he showed a granite chin like Matthysse or was walking through opponents the caliber of Peterson then I could see it. Right now I cant.
Co-signs 1000%

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:why: He's great at what he does why the fukk should he leave :snoop:

Your damn right he should be concerned about his health. We've heard cases of boxers dying and having to be put in a coma.

You want a nikka to throw his whole style (and his equilibrium in the process) in the bushes. For what? To appease a bunch of blood thirsty fans? Then you wonder why Hopkins says the things he says about slick black fighters being thrown in the bushes. Fans like you and promoters like your boy Arum tryna see people brutalize each other.

Everybody has their own style, and Rigo wins with his. Why should he change it? He's only going to end up getting hurt unnecessarily. That's not his style. Leave that to the brawlers.

If boxer should leave the sport, it's a guy like Bam Bam Rios who has no skill but a hell of a chin essentially a human punching bag :dahell:

I'm sorry, but if as a boxer, you're best attribute is that you can take alot of punishment, you should find a new profession :camby:
This......

Take that bullshyt to the UFC:pacspit:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus I think part of it is Rigo himself. HBO wants to put Rigo on as an undercard. Rigo wants to be the main event. Rigo must not have seen what happened to HBO's ratings during his last fight where he was the main event.

EDIT: Personally I love watching skill fight and would watch Rigo fight every time...can't say it is always exciting, but the skill is amazing.

first of all, you cant really ask a leopard to change its spots in this instance. he is what he is and has trained to be that way since a child.
secondly, the main objective is to win....or to not lose. I remember for years people were waiting to see Roy lose so they can say he wasnt shyt. they been waitin of Floyd to lose too and he actually compared his situation to Roy's in an interview.

Rigo would have to sell out in the form of changing his style for the sake of rankings but at the risk of losing. what would you do?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but if he is good enough to be in the ring and avoid danger why should he leave?

just like in your sig how you put all that stuff about May being scared for his health and all that. what fighter dont think about that? you seen all the deaths lately? and now people advocating against sparring???

I know what it is about you now. it must really burn you up that Floyd is making like $60 mil a fight and nobody is even able to touch him while Manny got the IRS on his ass, making less $$$, and still waking up with chills thinking about when JMM :deadmanny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if BHop had this view he'd been retired 15 years ago. still, he keeps beating the system and cashing checks from HBO and Sho. :banderas: