Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Honestly, I agree.

However, he has the belts at 140 and if he gets to Peterson before AB does, he will have every single one of em (he should have em already, because Matthysse should've been fighting Peterson for the title) except the WBO belt which nobody on GB can get to.

I need him to move up so AB can secure a title at 140......unless he wants to get in that ring with The Problem
:demonic:
2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah sure, but he handles BHOPs inside and Mauling......

Like I said let Ward beat one elite level/HOF fighter first, just one, before he's throwing 200 more punches than his usual just cause and is winning fights vss HOF with multiple HOF bodies on their resume.......:camby:

You making it sound like Winky won. He lost clearly to Hopkins, but was competitive and won some rounds. He didn't handle any mauling. He was actually pretty pissed about it and got headbutted and all the usual shyt that happens when facing Hopkins. Take that Winky and throw him in there with the Ward from the Kessler fight and he loses that one too.

Don't get me wrong, Winky is a HOF dude and he has mad skills. I just think a Ward fight is a bad match up for him.

Joe Louis is the truth as well, but I think swarming power punchers like Frazier and Tyson give him that work. That doesn't mean Louis is garbage or isn't ranked higher all time.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You making it sound like Winky won. He lost clearly to Hopkins, but was competitive and won some rounds. He didn't handle any mauling. He was actually pretty pissed about it and got headbutted and all the usual shyt that happens when facing Hopkins. Take that Winky and throw him in there with the Ward from the Kessler fight and he loses that one too.

Don't get me wrong, Winky is a HOF dude and he has mad skills. I just think a Ward fight is a bad match up for him.

Joe Louis is the truth as well, but I think swarming power punchers like Frazier and Tyson give him that work. That doesn't mean Louis is garbage or isn't ranked higher all time.
So he gave BHOP tough tough match, in probably worst possible shape, winning about 4-5 rounds.....Bhop had that height and reach that Ward doesn't posses......

Bad match though, what Ward fight would make you come to this assumption, I understand we are operating on the theoretical here but at least up some facts to support this theory, facts such as how Ward looked vs a similar fighter, at a similar level as Winky, we can't do this with Ward and his ducking ass

This dont have shyt to do with Louis or other legends, this is about Ward smoke n mirrors ass

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:what: what win does Ward have that's better than JMM and an undefeated Devon Alexander. If Timmy clearly beats Manny in the rematch, he's #2 p4p easily. He prolly deserves that spot now. :heh:

What win does Ward have that's better than the win Cotto has over Shane.

Mares ain't even lose to his best opponent. I could have sworn he beat Moreno, although He did get that work from some chinny hard punching guy that won't fight Gary Russell Jr. though :mjlol:

Yall are deducting points from Ward because 5 years have passed since his run through the Super 6. You can easily do that to any fighter (Floyd Mayweather) and disregard his resume as well if you take into account his opponents record AFTER they initally fought like yall love to do with Andre Ward.

"Undefeated Devon Alexander"? The same Alexander who just lost to Shawn Porter? The same Alexander who's best victory is a robbery of Lucas Matthysse........who hasnt proven HIMSELF yet either?:what:

Ward has beaten a 42-1 Kessler who had only lost to Joe Calzaghe, beaten Carl Froch who only had 1 loss to Kessler, and beaten the LHWY Champ of the World Chad Dawson who only had 1 loss to Pascal. Any of them 3 fighters were and still ARE better than Devon Alexander.

Timothy Bradley's best victory is JMM....and it was a split decision close victory at that. Ward has NEVER had a "close fight" and I would put victories over Prime Kessler/Froch/Dawson over Bradley's win over JMM who was already 40 years old at the time of their fight. It aint like he beat a prime JMM:rudy: (edit....I'm exaggerating, but Bradley's "resume" isnt better either. The best opponents he beat are JMM, Alexander, Provodnikov, and Peterson. I cant put them over Ward's top 4 either)

Cotto beat Shane? That doesnt define a resume breh:ufdup:

Cotto's top 4 victories: Mosley, Post Pac-Margarito, Malignaggi, Judah
Ward's top 4 victories: Froch, Kessler, Dawson, and Abraham all in their primes?

It's not equal imo:manny:

Mares?:camby: Until he quits running from Johnny Gonzalez, his name doesnt even deserve mention.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
what's the PR card saying??
We aint hear shyt though and they are trying make Swift into a star huh.............Nikka gonna be fighting in a cockfighting pit fuking around with Schaffer

His stay at 140 is to not interrupt Broners business and also to allow a bytch nikka like Khan to parade around asking for Floyd while this chump hide between 140 and 147 after Swift nearly broke his neck....If this was about business why not Pablo Ceasar Cano

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Yall are deducting points from Ward because 5 years have passed since his run through the Super 6. You can easily do that to any fighter (Floyd Mayweather) and disregard his resume as well if you take into account his opponents record AFTER they initally fought like yall love to do with Andre Ward.
Does Mayweather get credit for whipping Gattis ass years back......No,.............why not, because Gatti has took multiple ass whippings already, the same could be said about anyone in the super 6, not to mention Gatti was a true World Champion that could put the pieces back together not a gatekeeper and bottom feeder like the Super 6 fighters

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

"Undefeated Devon Alexander"? The same Alexander who just lost to Shawn Porter? The same Alexander who's best victory is a robbery of Lucas Matthysse........who hasnt proven HIMSELF yet either?:what:

Ward has beaten a 42-1 Kessler who had only lost to Joe Calzaghe, beaten Carl Froch who only had 1 loss to Kessler, and beaten the LHWY Champ of the World Chad Dawson who only had 1 loss to Pascal. Any of them 3 fighters were and still ARE better than Devon Alexander.

Timothy Bradley's best victory is JMM....and it was a split decision close victory at that. Ward has NEVER had a "close fight" and I would put victories over Prime Kessler/Froch/Dawson over Bradley's win over JMM who was already 40 years old at the time of their fight. It aint like he beat a prime JMM:rudy:

Cotto beat Shane? That doesnt define a resume breh:ufdup:

Cotto's top 4 victories: Mosley, Post Pac-Margarito, Malignaggi, Judah
Ward's top 4 victories: Froch, Kessler, Dawson, Abraham, Miranda all in their primes?

It's not equal imo:manny:

Mares?:camby: Until he quits running from Johnny Gonzalez, his name doesnt even deserve mention.

:russ: at Mares running from Gonchinless. At least Mares ain't running from a whole division like Ward is doing by commentating on the sidelines for HBO hoping that he flies under the radar whenever Stevenson and Kovalev are fighting.

I wasn't even shytting on Ward's resume. Just stating that there's other boxers out there active that have better resumes. You overrating the hell outta that Kessler win. That's no better than Mares knocking out Ponce De Leon in a fight where he moved up (something Ward don't wanna do at the moment) The same Ponce De Leon that gave Broner one of his toughest fights and who has a win over Gonzalez.

Bottom line, if you fight tough fights with different style match ups, you might lose. It happens. This is boxing.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I dont see the problem with Garcia fighting Herrera in order to get PR behind him officially. Nor do I have a problem with him attempting to obtain the belt from Peterson if he chooses too. I think Garcia knows it gonna be tougher at 147, so why not stay and make yourself a "household" name at 140 then move up instead of just moving up now? His fanbase currently isnt that big. If he gets PR behind him (he takes Cotto's fans:mjpls: ) then he's gonna move up. No need to run up and lose to Floyd and THEN try and build yourself into a brand at 147 where it's gonna be more difficult to dominate anyways:manny:

And GB arent hiding him, he wants to stay at 140 on his own. I'm pretty sure if Schaeffer could have his way, Floyd vs Garcia wouldve been scheduled already for May 3rd.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Does Mayweather get credit for whipping Gattis ass years back......No,.............why not, because Gatti has took multiple ass whippings already, the same could be said about anyone in the super 6, not to mention Gatti was a true World Champion hat could put the pieces bak together not a gatekeeper and bottom feeder like the Super 6 fighters

Exactly...Floyd gets credit for looking good and ringing up 5-6 punch combos during the fight, but that's about it.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No idea, quite honestly I didnt even care to bother to check about this match, shyt is a waste of time, Swift might as well been sitting on the shelf

@Tuaminator the PR card means a lot.
First Danny and Juanma will spill Mexican blood on PR soil `:ahh:

Then when Danny beats the man who took Provodnikov's 0 the fans will clamor for a Provo fight, which can actually be made :ahh:

Ward said he had no interest in facing Dirrell, and that he didn’t think that the networks would be interested in that fight

How is this ducking?
He's right about the networks not wanting the fight after Dirrell quit the Super 6 when he was scheduled to face ward
Did you forget Dirrell did that skip :krs:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
bytch about Swift fighting Herrera who Won his last 2 fights Not Lost N has a W over Provodnikov

Then suggest Cano who's best W is Ashley Theophane N has L's to:flabbynsick: Morales N Moseley

:shaq2:
Herrera lost his last 2 bouts, miss me what he did in close match 3 years ago

At least Herrera won his last bout, he also should have held a WW strap if not for the Malinaggi robbery...........

Didnt flabby n Sick Morales give Broner all hell which one is it.............

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
@Tuaminator the PR card means a lot.
First Danny and Juanma will spill Mexican blood on PR soil `:ahh:

Then when Danny beats the man who took Provodnikov's 0 the fans will clamor for a Provo fight, which can actually be made :ahh:

How is this ducking?
He's right about the networks not wanting the fight after Dirrell quit the Super 6 when he was scheduled to face ward
Did you forget Dirrell did that skip :krs:
They both ducked end of story, somebody threw some side money there............