Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Tyson Fury came in at a whopping 274 pounds, 20 pounds more than he weighed for his previous fight. He never took over his sweat shirt.

Dereck Chisora 238 vs. Kevin Johnson 240
Tyson Fury 274 vs. Joey Abell 241

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tyson Fury came in at a whopping 274 pounds, 20 pounds more than he weighed for his previous fight. He never took over his sweat shirt.
gGXXs7s.jpg

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
:camby:
You a golovkin fan I get that,but he's fought two legit160lb'ers and he should have been fighter of the year and p4p? Don't think so breh
Nah, he wasn't fighter of the year, Mayweather was IMO. I also agree that his competition has been far from ideal...but it hasn't been due to him. My beef is always people blaming it on GGG. It has been two things: other fighters being in matchups that didn't coincide with his schedule and HBO having a HEAVY hand in running his career. I have no doubts GGG will step into the ring anytime with anyone...but HBO is running their typical game on a fighter they are trying to make money off of and promote into the next star.

Also: Adama, Stevens, and Macklin were far from world beaters...but all legit top 15-20 MW's (Lee is as well). Ishida, Rosado, and Proksa weren't bums, but not studs either.
You took note of my starting #GGG affiliation. But I have said before that basically GGG has proven everything he can against guys who are second tier or lower fighters. Time for HBO to put him in with the top fighters and have him prove his worth. My opinion is I bet HBO see's Sergio's career winding down and would love to see him beat Cotto in a huge money fight and then try to push for a Sergio-GGG fight to cash Sergio out at the end of his career. Sergio-GGG would make a ton of money, and if Sergio wins he proves he is still physically and financially valuable, or if GGG wins he is now one of HBO's money making stars and the legit 160 lb champion.
He may be my favorite fighter...but my eyes aren't too clouded. Reality still seeps through.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
They like to argue and argue and argue, but dont know the difference between a hook, a looping hook, and a check hook:manny:

I don't waste my time really arguing boxing with people outside The Ring:yeshrug:

Exactly breh. Co-sign this post to the fullest.

Nothing productive ever comes from arguing boxing with a casual fan. You listen to some of these nikkas outside of this thread and in the real world etc, and if you didn't know any better you'd think that...

- Ali was a bum.
- Roy Jones Jr. had no technical skills or boxing knowledge. Just a super athletic nikka.
- Manny is the greatest hype job of all time and has no boxing skills.
- insert any random dumb ass but smart sounding type of comment.

It's like the more ignorant somebody is about something, the harder they will argue that shyt. :snoop: nikkas are also a lot more closed minded nowadays and aren't willing to learn more about something. They make their mind up quickly and hold that stance no matter how wrong they look to the more knowledgeable.

The shyt that always gets me is when they try to dismiss boxing entirely and say it's useless in a street fight and you hear the played out myth of " 95% of street fights get taken to the ground."
but then you watch any random fight comp on worldstar/youtube and outta 20 something minutes of various fights, only one or 2 of them involve nikkas wrestling or grappling on the ground. Most fights have dudes throwing hands or slamming each other. Only time a fight gets to the ground is if a nikka gets dropped or thrown. nikkas just repeat bullshyt.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
They like to argue and argue and argue, but dont know the difference between a hook, a looping hook, and a check hook:manny:

I don't waste my time really arguing boxing with people outside The Ring:yeshrug:

I kind of have the same feeling, if the person isn't a regular in this thread it's a waste of time. Even when dudes here have a different opinion than I do I'm usually like :obama: becuase I can understand where they're coming from. Now some of the shyt I see in Floyd and Manny threads are straight :camby: status.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The shyt that always gets me is when they try to dismiss boxing entirely and say it's useless in a street fight and you hear the played out myth of " 95% of street fights get taken to the ground."

It's :duck: spit by bjj instructors to their students.

Where would they possibly get this statistic from? :beli: I mean think about it, how many street fights that you have witnessed ended up on the ground? From the shyt I've seen once it's taken to the ground it's because one person is either ko'd or they are getting stomped out and bjj will not help with either.

edit I'm not saying bjj is useless I'm just saying that "95% of fights" shyt is :duck: