Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
even if lara did call out quillin, i can't see quillin camp taking that fight anyway. very high risk fight for quillin :laff:

ggg-kirkland :lupe: i think thats a fight dan just has on his wishlist. andrade, and maybe stevens are quite likely on the radar than moving up to 160 for ggg (unless the payday was something he couldn't turn down).

how the fuk hbo turn down crawford-burns. if they fuk around and don't pick up groves-froch either they have just gon fukkin retarded over night or cooking something under the radar us fans don't know about.
Yeah, I don't know how strong the Kirkland-GGG rumors are. Dan kept reporting that Kirkland was one of the three fighters HBO was trying to match against GGG for April. Kirkland decided to take another fight. I believe the word is now, HBO is going to try and put Kirkland's fight on the undercard of GGG-Lee. And we know what that means...the network wants to build anticipation for the two of them fighting each other.
If I was Kirkland I wouldn't want any part of that fight. He can make similar money fighting guys at 154, possibly a title shot and not have to go through the war a GGG fight would be.
Plus, I am not sure whether it is coming from HBO or boxing writers, but it seems like a lot of people want GGG-Kirkland for summer, alongside Cotto-Martinez. If GGG and Martinez both won, then you would try to match GGG-Martinez for fall.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So Burns-Crawford ain't gonna be televised over here?:dahell:

@SuikodenII, we gonna need you to post that video for us breh:manny:

i dont get HBO..they can air a miguel vazquez fight..a fighter that most of us are not even interesting in watching in the first place..but a 135 fight that has buzz and they choose not to air it..wtf?!!! :dahell:

Last edited:
Daps
i dont get HBO..they can air a miguel vazquez fight..a fighter that most of us are not even interesting in watching in the first fight..but a 135 fight that has buzz and they choose not to air it..wtf?!!! :dahell:
To be fair, the decision making is bizarre to say the least.

If you are Andre Ward,JCC Jr, Mikey Garcia, GGG, Donaire, Stevenson and Kovalev they will tevevise any fight, but other get shunned...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
To be fair, the decision making is bizarre to say the least.

If you are Andre Ward,JCC Jr, Mikey Garcia, GGG, Donaire, Stevenson and Kovalev they will tevevise any fight, but other get shunned...

but whats weird though is they have been airing crawford's fights...the last 3 and they wont air him going after his first title? :huh:..thats the shyt that makes no sense

Daps
but whats weird though is they have been airing crawford's fights...the last 3 and they wont air him going after his first title? :huh:..thats the shyt that makes no sense
It blew my mind that they seemingly backed him after the Prescott win and then now are going ghost...makes no sense.

It's almost like they think he will lose...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It blew my mind that they seemingly backed him after the Prescott win and then now are going ghost...makes no sense.

It's almost like they think he will lose...

well burns is kinda protected over there in england so who knows

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Body blow, body blow
tumblr_mzvyapZHmH1qhndw9o1_500.gif

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
well burns is kinda protected over there in england so who knows

Burns' last fight was a joke.

Froch pretty much said hes got 2 fights left in him, his next against Groves then a Vegas show against JCC jr it seems

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dan Rafael's gems from his chat:
- If Lara really wanted to fight someone at 160, why isn't he calling out Quillin who he actually could make a fight with...

This is a talking point GGG protectors (HBO,Media, K2) keep spewing :aicmon:

They're faulting Lara for aiming high, they know GB would be more than willing to let Lara fight on HBO and it would help melt the ice but instead HBO is more concerned with protecting a fighter they purchased
They don't want him to struggle or face difficult opposition until they make their money back shyts disgusting :scusthov:

There's no guarantee I'll even have the internet by March 1st :to:

If you don't have it by then I got your back :jawalrus:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This is a talking point GGG protectors (HBO,Media, K2) keep spewing :aicmon:

They're faulting Lara for aiming high, they know GB would be more than willing to let Lara fight on HBO and it would help melt the ice but instead HBO is more concerned with protecting a fighter they purchased
They don't want him to struggle or face difficult opposition until they make their money back shyts disgusting :scusthov:

If you don't have it by then I got your back :jawalrus:
Nah, disagree with that. Everyone knows even if Showtime sends HBO a contract with everything HBO wants to make the fight it wouldn't happen right now. HBO and Showtime are fully invested in the GB-HBO (TR included) beef. Be a while before anyone crosses company lines.
At this point too saying GGG is protected is a pretty thin statement. The dates and fighters haven't matched up at all. Lee puts GGG against another top 15 MW...and I think HBO is hoping they can match Sergio-GGG for the end of the year. Would allow them to cash out on Sergio's career as it winds down and build up GGG.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
At this point too saying GGG is protected is a pretty thin statement. The dates and fighters haven't matched up at all. Lee puts GGG against another top 15 MW...and I think HBO is hoping they can match Sergio-GGG for the end of the year. Would allow them to cash out on Sergio's career as it winds down and build up GGG.
:camby:
You a golovkin fan I get that,but he's fought two legit160lb'ers and he should have been fighter of the year and p4p? Don't think so breh