Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
His doctor said he was healthy and so did James. Ima post the article
Right, it was him being off in the head........I remember now, you're right.

But now that his owner got him back on the leash, he's a dog again. Dude was a lost puppy without her :wow:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/salido-lomachenko-face-gary-russell-jr-next--74429

By Luke Furman

The World Boxing Organization officially sanctioned the fight between champion Orlando Salido and prospect Vasyl Lomachenko, set for March 1 in San Antonio, Texas. But the fight was sanctioned on the basis of the winner facing the "mandatory challenger within 75 days." The boxer currently ranked as the number one contender is undefeated Gary Russell Jr. (24-0, 14KOs).

It will be interesting to see what happens after March 1. Russell is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and advised by Al Haymon. Top Rank, who promote Salido and Lomachenko, have not done business with Golden Boy in several years and it's very unlikely the two sides would reach a direct agreement on such a fight.

More likely, as was the case with the junior middleweight eliminator between Vanes Martirosyan (TR) and Erislandy Lara (GBP), the winner of March 1 vs. Russell is going to head to a purse bid.

OK Gary Russell Jr. fans..........we're about to see him get thrown into the lion's den :lupe:

Let's see if he's a child of GAWD(zales) or not :mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Right, it was him being off in the head........I remember now, you're right.

But now that his owner got him back on the leash, he's a dog again. Dude was a lost puppy without her :wow:

Here we go....a few articles onit:
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=53479#ixzz2sc7NZUrQ
Canelo-Kirkland Deal Reached: Kirkland Ready For War
Posted by: Rick Reeno on5/31/2012 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal has been reached to match James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) against WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs) on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The fight will headline a pay-per-view event. Kirkland's legal adviser, Michael Miller, tells BoxingScene that he reached an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions a few hours ago. Golden Boy promotes both Alvarez and Kirkland.

Last week, an agreement was reached for Alvarez to fight Paul "The Punisher" Williams. However, this past Sunday in Atlanta Williams was involved in a tragic motorcycle accident which left the boxer paralyzed from the waist down.

Following his March ten round disqualification win over Carlos Molina, Kirkland underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair two tears in his right shoulder. It was initially believed that Kirkland would not be able to fight until the month of October. However, Kirkland was medically cleared on Wednesday by his treating physician.

"September 15th, it's on. [James] is ready. He wants to go to training camp tomorrow. He's ready to go. I asked him 'what about the shoulder' and he said 'I'll cut my arm off and beat that boy with my cut off arm if I have to - make the fight.' That's how excited he is about it. He is ready to go," Miller told BoxingScene.com.

James Kirkland pulls out of fight
Updated: June 2, 2012, 10:48 AM ET
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com
One day after accepting a junior middleweight title fight against Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, James Kirkland pulled out of the fight on Friday, according to Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer and Kirkland's co-manager, Cameron Dunkin.

The reason, they told ESPN.com, was a combination of Kirkland's surgically repaired right shoulder giving him problems in his first workout on Thursday night and dissatisfaction over his purse for the fight, which was slated to be close to $1 million.

On Thursday, Schaefer was informed by Kirkland's management team that he had agreed to terms for the Sept. 15 pay-per-view headline bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas -- a fight he got after original opponent Paul Williams, the former two-time welterweight titlist, suffered a career-ending injury on Sunday when he was paralyzed from the waist down in the motorcycle accident. Williams was having surgery to stabilize his spine on Friday.

However, Thursday night, Dunkin said, Kirkland began to work out for the fight in his hometown of Austin, Texas. His right shoulder, which he suffered two tears in during a controversial March 24 disqualification victory against Carlos Molina and later had surgery on, did not feel right.

"It was uncomfortable and he was concerned," Dunkin said. "So he called me and said he wasn't going to fight. The doctor said his shoulder was healing fine but James was afraid he was going to tear it again. He felt tightness and felt he shouldn't fight. He said it feels bad, that he couldn't use it properly. He said, 'I can't train right, so I won't be ready by Sept. 15.'

"He is sick about it. He needs the money. He's been doing rehab on the shoulder and the doctor said he was ahead of schedule, but the doctor also said you can't tell how fast you're going to heal. But he was ahead of schedule and his mobility was ahead of schedule. James told me how much he wanted the fight, the opportunity and the money."

Dunkin said Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs) told him the shoulder began to hurt as soon as he began to shadowbox.

"He's been stretching it and doing his therapy, but when he began snapping punches, he said he felt a twinge and that it didn't feel right and that he could tell it wasn't right. That's not going to change in a week or two. He said, 'I can't train 100 percent, and for a guy like this, I have to be 100 percent.' He knew he was rushing it."

Schaefer was disappointed because the news came not even a day after he was told the deal had been agreed to.

"You have to trust the managers and doctors when they say he is OK to go," Schaefer said. "So now, he's not going to be ready and the last thing we want is to start a promotion if the guy is not going to be 100 percent."

Later on Thursday, however, Kirkland's story began to change, according to Dunkin. Dunkin said he and co-manager Michael Miller were sent an email by Austin's Curtis Meeks, a former professional fighter and friend of Kirkland's who was 9-1-2 with three knockouts in his 2001 to 2008 career. Dunkin said Meeks recently began serving as an adviser to Kirkland and that in the email he told them that Kirkland "would sign the contract today for $2.5 million and that he is ready to go for the right money."

"Our answer was that James is injured," Dunkin said. "We won't fight him if he's injured, and said he's obviously not going to be ready to fight Sept. 15. His answer was that James could fight later in the year, but that it would have to be for $2.5 million. This guy is obviously telling him he is getting screwed on the money, which is not the case.

"So James is out of the fight. I can't get him $2.5 million. That's ridiculous. I'd love to get him that much because I get a percentage, but it's not reality. James is a great kid but he's getting really bad advice. And if he can't fight, he shouldn't fight at any price. So it's just crazy. It's totally insane. We told James, 'If you're healthy, fight. If you're not healthy, don't fight.' But don't make it about the money because the money he was getting for the fight was very, very good money."

Meeks could not be reached for comment.

"So Kirkland has a new adviser who told him not to take the fight unless he gets $2.5 million. That is what I was told. It is unbelievable," Schaefer said. "I don't get it. That's not how we do business. We agreed to a deal with him and he was being paid very, very well."

This dude asked for 2.5 million to fight Canelo, when they were already giving him a career high 1 million dollars:bryan:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There is NOTHING you can say about Andre Ward.....especially as a Garcia fan:russ:

Secondly, yeah I want AB to come down to the easy division, so he can do something Garcia could never dream of.......becoming a 4 time champion in 4 different divisions:ahh:

How hard was it to clear out when Garcia beat a washed up Morales, a bum Amir Khan (right, dont yall say he's garbage all the time), and an unproven Lucas Matthysse who had already lost to Devon Alexander and Zab Judah (who by the way, Paulie beat 12-0 way easier in his very next fight)

Go up to 147 and quit hiding Danny:ufdup:

Off of work.... I wasn't goin let this shyt slide:shaq:

I stand by my SOG statement No way on gods green earth should a SOG Stan talk about another fighter needs to move up in weight:stopitslime:

140 was the hottest division last yr...it was so hott About Biscuits conveintly skipped it:lolbron:

That washed up Morales gave Maidanna all he could handle...think about that...a washed up beer belly Morales who Swift gets no credit for beating that Morales brought a better fight to Maidana then Broner:pachaha:

Khan was the top fighter at 140...N NOBODY was saying shyt about his Chin...matter fact that killer Maidana who has all that power who dropped AB twice couldn't drop China chin Khan...Khan dropped him N won (something AB couldn't do):youngsabo:

Matthysse was the boogie Man...he killed Lamont Peterson IBF champ...to say he was unproven is absurd beating Lamont the way he did is better then ANYTHING AB has done so far...N let's conveniently forget how he knocked down erry fighter he ever faced before Swift...how he never been knocked down before Swift.. how 90% of the internet claimed Lucas was undefeated

N Im disappointed in #matthyssemafia letting that shyt slide...I gotta defend Lucas for y'all??:camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
South Korea, close to Seoul
oL3p1bo.gif

:shaq:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I mean, at 160 he got stopped in the 1st round by Noburhio Ishida........a guy GGG later knocked the F*&%&$*&#K out

I would've move him up either, he's perfect where he's at. Golovkin-Andy Lee is what happens when

A: Fighters with mandatory shots want no parts (Martin Murray)

B: Fighters the networks want no part of (Daniel Geale)

C: Other champions being busy or on the "other side": Kid Chocolate, Martinez, Sturm

D: I mean who else is left? N'Dam? Middleweight is kinda :patrice:

nothing about GGG-Lee appeals to me...Lee is a guy that has been knocked out by Bryan Vera and Jr (his best career performance to date sadly :pachaha:)...Lee will get flattened lol....at least N'Dam will make it a scrap...i'd rather see him get the shot

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/317777-lems-latest-119

Hopkins-McCain630_Loeb.jpg

@synistr I know you're a big fan of sparring but...........does this change your feelings towards it at all?

No. No more than seeing all of the recent deaths lately. Its the sport we chose to participate in and the one we as fans choose to support. The boxer's life is different than the average because there is always risk and actually always damage, even if not visible. I have friends that never went pro and sometimes they do seem a lil punchy to me albeit not to the person they may have just met on the street.

They are having the same discussions about college football practice. Players take 4-5x more hits in their numerous practice sessions than they do in actual games. So its essentially the same thing they are saying here.

Every sport needs practice of execution. Skill training just isnt enough to make you the best in your given sport. Its just boxing and football are contact sports.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Kirkland did the right thing by not fighting Canelo. Goldenboy had already did him dirty by having him fight Molina, when he should have gotten a title fight instead since he just beat Angulo by KO in his own backyard. They want him as an opponent for Canelo, on short notice without breaking dude off good bread when they been fukking the man over. fukk that shyt.

Kirkland an them also did right by not fighting GGG as well. GGG already been fighting a bunch of junior middle's so he wouldn't get much props, and why should Kirkland's 1st title shot be from a beast at a higher weight, especially if he's already paid dues an earned a title shot at 154. Yeah there is a massive upside if James were to beat GGG, but if nobody trying to fight Kirkland now, you think he's gonna be getting big pay days if he beats a dude everybody seems to not want to fight already.

Kirkland got better options than GGG, and he would have had to KO Canelo in order to win (Look at how the Trout fight was scored) I think James made the right choices.

Some of ya'll would straight ruin nikkas careers if they took the fights ya'll wanted.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You lucky its time for me to go to work breh

I'll leave on this lil nugget

Matthysse > Maidana
Khan > Paulie
El Terrible > Demarco
Judah > Ponce De Leon

Swift > Broner

#swiftset :blessed:
Not to mention Morales gave Broner's daddy Chino the ass whipping of his life

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://www.boxingscene.com/salido-lomachenko-face-gary-russell-jr-next--74429

OK Gary Russell Jr. fans..........we're about to see him get thrown into the lion's den :lupe:

Let's see if he's a child of GAWD(zales) or not :mjpls:
He's food, he's too small, with damn near no reach, Russell will have to linger at the low shytty weight classes facing low level fighters, he simply wont beat the elite level fighters with the reach deficiency (61 in) exactly why he's been protected

Fight wont happen anyway.............

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He's food, he's too small, with damn near no reach, Russell will have to linger at the low shytty weight classes facing low level fighters, he simply wont beat the elite level fighters with the reach deficiency (61 in) exactly why he's been protected

Fight wont happen anyway.............

Yeah, his arms are way too short. Plus, he's only 5'4:bryan:

I think the same thing about Gary Russell Jr. that you do

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
well russell needs to go down to SBW then.

Its 4 pounds surely he can make the cut and its not as strong or deep as FW at the moment